Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

So when are we going to get a double XP weekend?

OP Nova Irae

As the title suggests, we should definitely get something like this added in every once in a while. I don’t have time now a days to just grind away. At most I can only complete half a season each rotation into the next.

They do it with Halo 5 to this day, so I’m hoping it could be implemented one day for the MCC.
I hope too. Double XP was a thing before in MCC. Special events, holidays, new content. They should make every month 7th day double XP day. Permanent.
H5 always features various weekly playlists with double XP, I don’t see why the same can’t be applied to weekly rotational playlists in the MCC. Double XP is possible, we’ve seen them run events for it, wish we could see it used more often.
H5 always features various weekly playlists with double XP, I don’t see why the same can’t be applied to weekly rotational playlists in the MCC. Double XP is possible, we’ve seen them run events for it, wish we could see it used more often.
Exactly I haven’t seen it in months and with infinite coming out within a few months now would be the perfect time.
At least once a month would be nice. Halo 5 has weekly 2x XP playlists, so idk why it cant be done in MCC
At least once a month would be nice. Halo 5 has weekly 2x XP playlists, so idk why it cant be done in MCC
Probably because 343i are promoting the idea of reaching max rank in H5, when there really isn't any reason to in MCC.
I’ve been missing this quite a bit lately. I’m about to enter Tour 6 and want at least 8 before Infinite comes out. Double xp weekends were awesome.
Skoop wrote:
I’ve been missing this quite a bit lately. I’m about to enter Tour 6 and want at least 8 before Infinite comes out. Double xp weekends were awesome.
I'm about halfway through tour 6 (rank-wise, not XP wise) and I feel I'd be lucky if I got into tour 7 before MCC came out, it takes a lot of XP! But yeah, I'd love for them to bring in some double XP weekends.
It seems to me that there has been only three times of double xp on TMCC since its release on PC.
Probably because 343i are promoting the idea of reaching max rank in H5, when there really isn't any reason to in MCC.
You’d get more people playing, and you’d get more points to spend on seasonal gear faster.
Nova Irae wrote:
You’d get more people playing, and you’d get more points to spend on seasonal gear faster.
Not really. Once you hit level 100 you no longer get unlock points from ranking up, after that XP only unlocks a new logo next to your name. There aren't any other benefits.
Double XP would be nice, and being awarded Season Points retroactively for every level we've earned passed level 100 would be nice too! I'm happy to level up for the sake of it, but I do think separately Season Points being awarded for only the first 100 levels at this point with so much content unlock means the system should be reevaluated.
Unless we get seasonal points for ranking up again I don't really see the point of double Xp. Why ranking up anyway? It's just something to represent your time on the game. It's not like a rank playlist or something. It's not rewarded related at all. I could see the point if you earn avatars or stuff like this but currently I am missing the point I think.
Minicrom wrote:
Unless we get seasonal points for ranking up again I don't really see the point of double Xp. Why ranking up anyway? It's just something to represent your time on the game. It's not like a rank playlist or something. It's not rewarded related at all. I could see the point if you earn avatars or stuff like this but currently I am missing the point I think.
1) Some people (like myself) find enjoyment simply grinding through the ranks and seeing how far we can go before Infinite releases.

2) What harm would it do? You don't really need a good reason to justify it. It's just an XP boost and would be easy to implement (as they already have).
Assuming they do Double XP weekends again, I wonder if it'd affect challenges? Like all those at 20'000 would instead be 40'000, 100'000 would be 200'000 and so on.

I mean they probably won't affect them at all, but it might be interesting XD
MCC is likely held up by a skeleton crew in wake of infinite, they probably have a hard time focusing on multiple implementations at once.
I hope too. Double XP was a thing before in MCC. Special events, holidays, new content. They should make every month 7th day double XP day. Permanent.
I would love this. It is no secret that the grind in the MCC is unreal after reaching a certain stage. This might be somewhat of a Halo thing, but that does not make it any better. Regular Double XP Events should be a permanent inclusion into the MCC.
Mongerty wrote:
Nova Irae wrote:
Not really. Once you hit level 100 you no longer get unlock points from ranking up, after that XP only unlocks a new logo next to your name. There aren't any other benefits.
How many people are level 100? There’s also max ranks in halo 5 as well, which doesn’t effect them? Both maximum ranks in each game are insanely hard to get. I don’t see much difference to be honest.
Minicrom wrote:
I’m strictly saying ranking up faster is a way to get points for unlocks faster. As in any game. Not everyone has the time to play hours a day. And I see it only as a beneficial addition to the game. There aren’t any negatives in a situation where it boosts everyone’s gameplay experience and motivation.
Nova Irae wrote:
Mongerty wrote:
Nova Irae wrote:
How many people are level 100? There’s also max ranks in halo 5 as well, which doesn’t effect them? Both maximum ranks in each game are insanely hard to get. I don’t see much difference to be honest.
Level 100 is not Max Rank in MCC, not even close. You only get enough points from ranking up to complete 1 season (it was how points were earned in the Reach Season instead of challenges). I am pretty sure anyone on their fourth tour is over level 100 (so Gold Ranks, and some of the higher silver ranks), and it really is not even close to comparable to the Halo 5 Max rank.