Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

So who is NOT having problems with Matchmaking?

OP Arnox Immordium

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
My friend's had this game for a while and he has hardly had any problems with it at all, matchmaking wise. My other friends also report no problems. Yet whenever I come on here... I see complaint after complaint of Matchmaking still broken. What is really going on then? Is Matchmaking really still not working for anyone or is our perceptions just being skewed with all the (few, relatively speaking if the game is really working for a lot) people coming on here to complain of problems?

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, perhaps the game really is fixed for the most part and the people that do have it working for them are just busy playing it right now instead of talking about it on the forums.
Matchmaking for me and my friends works great
It works if I try hard enough...
Works OK for me. Although playing H2 Campaign Co-op has been a struggle. Some missions are extremely laggy. Played all the way to the end of Gravemind last night, game crashed and had to start again. Frustrating!
Tell your friends to try to find a game with a 4-5 player party and see what they think after that.
It doesn't work great, if you plan on playing for a couple of hours plan on restarting the game half a dozen times and plan on having tons of issues with the party system. Finding games has been a lot faster but when me and three friends get into a game all on the same team, against an even opponent, and the map loads and we all go crazy because it actually work there is a problem. Probably the most annoying thing is the post game lobby, it's extremely lucky to get your entire party back in the same game and that's after waiting five minutes for the stats to upload.
I'm not having any problems.
Short answer: no one
Tell your friends to try to find a game with a 4-5 player party and see what they think after that.
Exactly. There is not a single person in the world right now that can get into BTB with a party of friends and play a couple games in a row without problems. NOT 1 SINGLE PERSON WORLD WIDE. One or more of the players will always get disconnected within 1 or 2 games. 100% of the time.

So any people claiming this game is not having problems is straight up lying.

Anyone that wants to argue this, get into Twitch or set up a capture card and make a video of this happening. As you can see it is impossible. There are no videos anywhere showing anyone successfully playing multiple BTB matches in a row with a party of friends without any of the friends getting disconnected. It is impossible.
It works most of the times I play. But sometimes I can't find a single match. I noticed that when I quit the game on the dashboard and restart. Then I can find matches again.

And i I have got some laggy games lately. Nearly 25% I estimate.

The the game can clearly get better but it has been far worse.

So... I believe everybody has problem with the game.
My friend's had this game for a while and he has hardly had any problems with it at all, matchmaking wise. My other friends also report no problems. Yet whenever I come on here... I see complaint after complaint of Matchmaking still broken. What is really going on then? Is Matchmaking really still not working for anyone or is our perceptions just being skewed with all the (few, relatively speaking if the game is really working for a lot) people coming on here to complain of problems?

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, perhaps the game really is fixed for the most part and the people that do have it working for them are just busy playing it right now instead of talking about it on the forums.
Works fine for me and all my online and real friends.

Exactly. There is not a single person in the world right now that can get into BTB with a party of friends and play a couple games in a row without problems. NOT 1 SINGLE PERSON WORLD WIDE. One or more of the players will always get disconnected within 1 or 2 games. 100% of the time.

Anyone that wants to argue this, get into Twitch or set up a capture card and make a video of this happening. As you can see it is impossible. There are no videos anywhere showing anyone successfully playing multiple BTB matches in a row with a party of friends without any of the friends getting disconnected. It is impossible.
Unless people don't play BTB. Then they could very well not be having relevant problems. Its be like you going on a diet and seeing me with a cake and you tell me because your on a diet I can't have cake. It just doesn't work that way
I still have uneven matches and games that end randomly without anyone leaving. Deranked from 28 to 1 after winning a game that should have ranked me up to 29. Matchtimes still can be slow for me as well. I haven't tried going in with more than 1 other person because I've heard it's miserable. I also got placed against my friend a few times in ranked.

This was all a week ago.
Artych wrote:

Unless people don't play BTB. Then they could very well not be having relevant problems. Its be like you going on a diet and seeing me with a cake and you tell me because your on a diet I can't have cake. It just doesn't work that way
I've played BTB & got into a H3 CTF game and all players are doing is walking into walls & then black screen over & over again. The game needs to be fixed soon 343 or im gonna join the list of every other Halo gamer and call MCC not HALO Dead........

It works a lot better compared to when it released. Well enough to where someone can play comfortably
it's so so. Sometimes it's fast and match is good. Other times it takes awhile to find players and then all sort of weird stuff with lag happens like getting stuck on the respawn screen on the countdown '4' in halo 2 randomly happens lol
EVERYONE who says matchmaking works great is lying. Out of the 20 friends i have who would love to regularly play the game cant because its a nightmare. If you play Halo 2 Anniversary by yourself it seems to be pretty steady, but you still get disconnects and the usual. Playing with a Party is a nightmare. if everybody hard resets and immediately gets into a party and launch anything but BTB it has about a 65% chance of working. Once that game is over however depending on someones NAT setting people WILL get booted. And it usually turns in to people having to hit menu, start and close and restarting the game over and over until you get the party together again only for the matchmaking to crap out and the process reapets and about 30 minutes is dedicated to trying to get back into the party, then someone gives up and we play something else and then everyone laughs about how pathetic it is the game still doesnt work. In conclusion the fact i know of 20 people with the same problems and NONE have seen improvement other than the fact launch week matchmaking was at a stand still......its BS people have the balls to say this game works great because it doesnt

Bullet Points

1)If you play alone its possible to have a somewhat good experience, except the playlists are old and with no ranking people quit allot

2)If you like BTB the game is useless

3)If you play in a party larger than 2 the game is useless

4)If party chat is down and you want to play with a party the game is useless

5)If you hate BR starts the game is useless

6)If you have anything other than "OPEN" Nat the game is useless

7)Go play titanfall till this game is fixed
Ran the best I have ever yestarday. Was running with 1 friend and we only had to reset/hard quit 4 or 5 times in 4-5 hours. Was finding games decently fast.

Game is still beyond broken running more than 2s. 3 man party sometimes works, full parties basically never work.
KeFkA XIII wrote:
EVERYONE who says matchmaking works great is lying. Out of the 20 friends i have who would love to regularly play the game cant because its a nightmare. If you play Halo 2 Anniversary by yourself it seems to be pretty steady, but you still get disconnects and the usual. Playing with a Party is a nightmare. if everybody hard resets and immediately gets into a party and launch anything but BTB it has about a 65% chance of working. Once that game is over however depending on someones NAT setting people WILL get booted. And it usually turns in to people having to hit menu, start and close and restarting the game over and over until you get the party together again only for the matchmaking to crap out and the process reapets and about 30 minutes is dedicated to trying to get back into the party, then someone gives up and we play something else and then everyone laughs about how pathetic it is the game still doesnt work. In conclusion the fact i know of 20 people with the same problems and NONE have seen improvement other than the fact launch week matchmaking was at a stand still......its BS people have the balls to say this game works great because it doesnt

Bullet Points

1)If you play alone its possible to have a somewhat good experience, except the playlists are old and with no ranking people quit allot

2)If you like BTB the game is useless

3)If you play in a party larger than 2 the game is useless

4)If party chat is down and you want to play with a party the game is useless

5)If you hate BR starts the game is useless

6)If you have anything other than "OPEN" Nat the game is useless

7)Go play titanfall till this game is fixed
This honestly and truly sums up the experience especially if you attempt to play with friends and even worse in BTB. You might get lucky and maybe get 1 successful game without issues. But after that it is usually a constant "reset TMCC" , "re invite friends", try searching again, then hope the game starts with you and your friends. Otherwise its rinse and repeat again. Its an absolute nightmare and I gave up on the mp a couple weeks ago. Just waiting for the next update in hopes this will be fixed. But in terms of mp games, I have fully moved on from TMCC. I only play the co-op campaign and Spartan ops. Anything else is an absolute nightmare especially BTB and even worse with friends. Now I mainly play BF4 with 64 players with as many friends as I want and not any issues. Along with instant games.
Parties parties parties parties....parties. Seriously, solo, isnt bad except BTB, solo works decently, its parties....parties....parties.
Thats the issue, you can maybe get 4 together but at the 4 mark, you get party split ups, or maps wont load, you could be loading everything fine with 4 people, and in party chat, and then the map loads and your all still together but as soon as it goes to the initial camera, low and behold your party is split and noone loads in, customs and matchmaking. THATS THE ISSUE not no solo play -Yoink-, we all know solo works fine, its parties parties parties parties people. also mics are disabled in mm i believe
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2