Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Some of the most shamless PR work here

OP Its Jsharp

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Its Jsharp wrote:
The population has taken a permanent impact from the failed launch and the only way it will recover will be from aggressive promotion strategys that arent happening becaise it wont give them any more profit.
I disagree. The only way it will recover is if the problems are fixed and 343 gets out of its own way. Put ALL the maps in matchmaking and let people use the forum to vote for which playlists they'd like to see.
Mr Nogatco I agree that would also be good but some real promotion would be great. They are very under the radar about all the fixes because they dont want people to talk about how it took them this long to fix everything
I don't know what's going on with your MCC, but mine works just fine. As of the last content update, it is exactly the game that I paid for. The game works just fine for myself and mostly everyone else (those that say it's still broken have usually have questionable credit anyway), so I don't see an issue with them not halting production on Halo 5 to devote all their resources to a game that isn't broken anymore. Some people say MCC is broken because they don't want to play Halo 4 in cross-game playlists. To them I say: "That's not broken, that's what you paid for."

It will be nice to have ranks in more playlists though, and hopefully a permanent Team Objective playlist.

Your game works fine? That's funny, because your copy is bit-for-bit identical to mine, yet I still see the following:

Skill-based matchmaking doesn't exist - you simply get placed in the first game found.
As a result of no skill-based matching, "ranked" playlists are meaningless and "social" playlists have large numbers of quitters due to one-sided matches.
Halo 3's Forge is nonfunctional.
Halo 3's directional audio does not behave correctly.
Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2A still drop players during the "map loading" phase of starting a match.
Matches occasional end early (sometimes as soon as they start) for no apparent reason.
I'll add:
Ranks still get reset. Had mine reset at 28 and 37.
Hit registration is still questionable in H2A. Bullets get refunded. Same with H4.
H3 aim is still a bit off. Speeds up and slows down because it's not optimized for the XB1 controller.
MCC still crashes.
Teams still become uneven, or teams of 5 get split between separate teams in RANKED.
Some games don't record stats.

All of these are things I've witnessed myself, along with all of my XBL friends. This guy either doesn't play enough to know any different or is just really oblivious to everything going on. Either way, we shouldn't accept mediocrity when we've paid for this and they expect us to shell out more money for another game.
Quote:
Second, the team eorking on halo 5 are more than capable of assisting with the MCC issue. They are programmers, its their job to know how this -Yoink- works. Again eith DICE, if they can reallocate their teams working on new games to help bf4 then by god so can 343, but they didn't. And saying they shouldn't because then halo 5 wont be ready: they should delay the halo 5 release date then and actually sort their products out before pushinh for profit profit profit and 0 cutomer service or integrity. Other companies are not this shameless
No they aren't. This isn't like building a wall where you can just throw more manual labor at the problem and fix it. There is absolutely no benefit to breaking up the internal team at 343 that is working on Halo 5, a team that has never seen a single line of MCC code, and shipping all those employees off to the separate studios and teams that built the various parts of MCC. It just doesn't work like that.

The next project for at least one of the studios involved in MCC's development was Spartan Strike, and that was delayed to allocate additional time and resources for fixing MCC. If that isn't good enough for you and you want them to delay Halo 5 as well, too bad. It's not realistic, it won't do anything to help MCC, and you're only jeopardizing the quality of the next game and the future of Halo for what... as a way to punish 343?

There is no excusing the debacle that was MCC's launch. But we need to think realistically and carefully about what's best for the franchise moving forward. Delaying Halo 5 for no other reason than you're pissed off about MCC is just short-sighted and maybe even a little selfish.
Sell your XB1

Buy a PS4

The End
How is he supposed to play Halo 5 on a PS4? How is buying a PS4 supposed to fix the MCC?
Sell your XB1

Get a gaming PC for the Fan-made Halo games coming completely free

The End
Fixed.
Sell your XB1

Buy a PS4

The End

How is he supposed to play Halo 5 on a PS4? How is buying a PS4 supposed to fix the MCC?
abandoning ship is probably the smartest route at this point
OG Consume wrote:
Sell your XB1

Buy a PS4

The End

I refuse to buy any Sony products. Crap company.
I used to be an xbox guy, now I'm a Sony and don't regret it one bit. My X1 collects dust waiting for H5. I'll take Sony any day over MS. Can't wait for Morpheus too.

Let's not forget to add 'BTB still spins forever' on that list of things not working. I'm guessing this is due to lower population. I suspect those who continue to claim they're having a great experience don't do BTB.
Sell your XB1

Buy a PS4

The End
Oh please stop your PlayStation nation BS.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2