Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Something needs to be done about quitters

OP xandwacky

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We need to be able to do more about quitters in the game.

In many consecutive social and competitive matches, I have dealt with quitters on my team more times than I can count, but having to deal with them every consecutive (and I do mean consecutive) game is simply not fun and quite frankly makes the game less enjoyable to play. I realize sometimes people have to leave in the middle of the game due to circumstances beyond their control, but sometimes it is just people who are salty. I know 343i was working on a better reporting system, but we need that better reporting system yesterday.
xandwacky wrote:
We need to be able to do more about quitters in the game.In many consecutive social and competitive matches, I have dealt with quitters on my team more times than I can count, but having to deal with them every consecutive (and I do mean consecutive) game is simply not fun and quite frankly makes the game less enjoyable to play. I realize sometimes people have to leave in the middle of the game due to circumstances beyond their control, but sometimes it is just people who are salty. I know 343i was working on a better reporting system, but we need that better reporting system yesterday.
People who leave for actually good reasons are pretty rare. Majority of them are people quitting because they only care about their own enjoyment of the game and won't hesitate to screw over everyone else on their team at the slightest of issues they come up in their mind.

This is why I recommend finding friends to play with instead of relying on RNG teammates that the matchmakers pair you up with.

They could possibly allow others into joining matches that have already started to fill gaps. But if they choose too then it must be one that we can choose to op out of as well. A lot of people really just want to play fresh new matches and not have to bandaid existing matches because a selfish individual decided he was more important then everyone else in the game.
xandwacky wrote:
We need to be able to do more about quitters in the game.In many consecutive social and competitive matches, I have dealt with quitters on my team more times than I can count, but having to deal with them every consecutive (and I do mean consecutive) game is simply not fun and quite frankly makes the game less enjoyable to play. I realize sometimes people have to leave in the middle of the game due to circumstances beyond their control, but sometimes it is just people who are salty. I know 343i was working on a better reporting system, but we need that better reporting system yesterday.
People who leave for actually good reasons are pretty rare. Majority of them are people quitting because they only care about their own enjoyment of the game and won't hesitate to screw over everyone else on their team at the slightest of issues they come up in their mind.

This is why I recommend finding friends to play with instead of relying on RNG teammates that the matchmakers pair you up with.

They could possibly allow others into joining matches that have already started to fill gaps. But if they choose too then it must be one that we can choose to op out of as well. A lot of people really just want to play fresh new matches and not have to bandaid existing matches because a selfish individual decided he was more important then everyone else in the game.
Only times I quit is because my stupid xbox decides to crash on me D:
xandwacky wrote:
I agree that there should have been a MUCH BETTER reporting system for players in the MCC at least on launch of PC release. The current one we got isn't convenient at all to access and having a report function inside the game itself would be much more useful.
Its hard to tell why people are quitting. I have at least 2 freezes in the middle of a match followed by a hard crash a day, and several times get kicked as a march is loading. Its been worse since this update.
xandwacky wrote:
Agreed, but nothing will be done. The dev team for MCC is too small and focused on the wrong things.
Here is what will fix these issues because people look at it and say "omg stop quitting bro".

Party vs party and MMR based matchmaking. whatever system MCC uses, it's garbage.

Teamkillers/afkers/repeat quitters = get put into bad attitude ques.

no amount of matchmaking timeout is gonna stop people from being fools. it's a human condition. Best thing you can do is group those people together.

I don't blame people for quitting half the time tbh. MM in MCC is horrible.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Not just quitters but also the people that like to go afk.
First thing they can do is remove the ability to automatically search for another game after the one your in ends. That alone would probably get rid of a lot of AFK players since they won't just be endlessly joining matches while not even at their computer.
M0xxiie wrote:
Here is what will fix these issues because people look at it and say "omg stop quitting bro".

Party vs party and MMR based matchmaking. whatever system MCC uses, it's garbage.

Teamkillers/afkers/repeat quitters = get put into bad attitude ques.

no amount of matchmaking timeout is gonna stop people from being fools. it's a human condition. Best thing you can do is group those people together.

I don't blame people for quitting half the time tbh. MM in MCC is horrible.
What bout the person who decides to "team kill" because all but one left the opposing team? just curious
There are a list of reasons that all add up to the amount of quitters being so high.

Now, I want everyone to think about this logically and level headed: What is the incentive to NOT quit? The XP which is worthless? Now if XP had more value then I can actually see that as a solid reason to stay and not lose it.

What about rewarding a season point or XP jackpot to those who regularly finish matches? For example: Every 10 matches you finish in a row you get a season point or a decent amount of XP?

The matchmaking is some of the worst in an FPS I have ever seen. That's not even an exaggeration, even FPS games with less population do a better job. Ironically, the biggest argument you hear from people against balancing the matchmaking better will say "MCC doesn't have the population for that". Yet it is actively driving players away! The game needs a party size matcher as playing in a full party usually ends in an easy win over and over again. There should also be no sbmm of any kind in social, ONLY IN RANKED!
Fix the MM and you won't have so many people leaving.
I don't have a problem whatsoever with them implementing more heavy quit bans on Social games and Competitive games, but they better not add quit bans to CGB! Wonder what feature would make 90% of Halo Players leave MCC? Add quit bans to CGB and boom, there go all the Halo fans (At least for me it would ruin Halo MCC) .
First thing they can do is remove the ability to automatically search for another game after the one your in ends. That alone would probably get rid of a lot of AFK players since they won't just be endlessly joining matches while not even at their computer.
They really need to decrease the AFK idle kick time when you idle. In a match had a guy AFK for the entire BTB match and never was booted from the match, I went into Theatre and not once he moved his joysticks or any of his buttons
This is why I keep saying we need time and score-limited join in progress. (IE. if the time and score are under a threshold, allow in-game joining).
This is why I keep saying we need time and score-limited join in progress. (IE. if the time and score are under a threshold, allow in-game joining).
Yes exactly Halo 5 has this system and from my experience, quitting is not an issue at all because other people waiting to join a match just fills in the gaps of the person that left for whatever reason with somebody else that WANTS to actually play (hopefully)! 343 has to go through the netcode for matchmaking on the MCC and allow Join in Progress to happen (even the CQB we tested already has this implemented for custom games, make this happen for matchmaking!!). The penalties on people for quitting is not going to stop people and are just not enough at all (excessive quitting should be penalized on purpose of course) and join in progress will definitely fix this problem, which only 343 can fix. This is something I have wanted for years in the Halo games before 5 because of the risks of losing your connection or your stats getting penalized as well, this really needs to change.
Please integrate the reporting system into the game at a bear minimum.
Even if it's as useless as the manual one seems to be at times, you'll start to aggregate data against users who are clearly AFKing/Quitting multiple times in a row.

We shouldn't have to go to Halo Waypoints Support section, re-find the article on how to submit a ticket (because it can't just be an easy button), fill out 27 drop downs with screenshot proof and video evidence in order for something to be done.

Nobody reports them because it's too manual. So rather than the issue getting fixed, users give up and leave.
Tbh I would rather have someone quit than just go afk. Gives me more kills anyways. The only times quitters are annoying is when it's BTB and like four quit.

Back when I played on the 360 everyday I could go 1v4. I would of lost worst if my team didn't quit.

Also the quit bans have got annoying after the new update just freezes the game and crashes it and that counts as a quit.
They really need to decrease the AFK idle kick time when you idle. In a match had a guy AFK for the entire BTB match and never was booted from the match, I went into Theatre and not once he moved his joysticks or any of his buttons
MCC doesn't have a kick feature for when you idle in game. Only when searching for games. What is dumb as -Yoink-
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2