Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

South by Southwest MCC News!

OP Odinnfolk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
“If you are not able to make it [to the event itself], be sure to tune in to Mixer and Twitcheach day at 12:00 p.m. CT,” “Not only will you be treated to amazing matches and gameplay, but we’ve also got some exciting Master Chief Collection news to reveal during the show.”

So what do you guys think this news will be? My guess is probably Reach being added. That or maybe a MCC PC release, all though that would be a dissapointing announcement for console players. Thoughts?
Odinnfolk wrote:
So what do you guys think this news will be? My guess is probably Reach being added. That or maybe a MCC PC release, all though that would be a dissapointing announcement for console players. Thoughts?
I think it will be a lot more modest. Perhaps something about the custom games browser, etc.
Was thinking that too, but hasnt that already been announced as happening?
I think they're FINALLY remastering Halo 5 and putting it into the MCC.
Odinnfolk wrote:
It has been confirmed to be in the works, but very little details have been provided. A working preview of the customs browser sounds like reasonable news for the MCC.
Odinnfolk wrote:
I interpret ‘news’ to be just about anything - something new, an update, or whatever. Given the context, I can’t see it being anything earth shattering. Your guess is as good as mine!
Battle Royal, H3A, customs browser, or social FFA playlist would be my guesses.
H3a or halo reach remaster would be cool
I'm thinking it's a H3A remaster or a Halo Reach port for MCC. Nothing is definite, but it would be nice to see Reach added in.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
I'm thinking it's a H3A remaster or a Halo Reach port for MCC. Nothing is definite, but it would be nice to see Reach added in.
Yes please for both but I doubt either will happen. Especially since 343 stated previously that they will not be remastering H3. Probably something a bit more modest, as stated above.
I would love to see Reach remastered for the MCC. But i think it will be a release announcement for pc. That or Spartan Strike finally coming to Xbox One! (Joking)
Custom Edition Maps. Last year in the Fall, Sean stated he has loaded Custom Edition Maps internally and that the only issue was the lack of sound, with the event in March there's a good chance that could be it.
Halo Custom Edition / Customs Browser are the most likely announcements that could be made. As always, I recommend everyone not getting their hopes up that their most wanted feature is going to be announced as you just set yourself up for disappointment
I may end up ignoring Halo Infinite entirely if this isn't an MCC port to PC. Hoping for the best!
Either way though im still stoked for the customs browser. I guess when I heard "exciting news" I was expecting something new. Still hopefull it may be something we dont already know is coming to the game.
It’ll be something relatively small. Something as large as adding a new game or putting MCC on PC would not get announced at SXSW.

I agree that Custom Edition maps are very likely the announcement. Custom Browser is largely out of the bag already from an announcing perspective.
They most likely wont have a new halo game this year which would be perfect for h3a or a halo reach port with new achievements added.I'll be disappointed if it's just a custom game browser
Does anyone remember back when the Memories of Reach update was announced for Halo 5 and everyone was like ‘It’s gunna have a falcon’ despite having zero evidence there would be a falcon and a lot of people were upset there was no falcon.

Or at E3 2017 when 343 said there will be a HW2 announcement at the E3 after show but everybody ignored the after show bit (myself included) and lost their minds when there was nothing on the main stage.

I’m getting a feeling of Déjà Vu here since all we have been promised is ‘exciting news’ (note news is not necessarily an announcement) meanwhile I see people both here and at reddit claiming that MCC will have a PC port, ODST firefight and Reach will be added and even Halo 3 Anniversary with absolutely nothing official suggesting any one of these ideas are true.
Don’t hold your hopes too high, this ‘exciting news’ could mean any matter of things, hell it could just be a second stage of updates.
Reach doesn't even need a complete remaster tbh.. just needs to be added to the mix, with minor tweaks n' stuff. I doubt H3A will happen, but I'm def hoping for Reach in MCC. Although the SXSW event seems odd as the place to announce such news, as stated above by others.
Not sure what they are announcing for MCC but I would hope if they ever decide to remaster H3 they will give it its own game apart from MCC. I wish H2A would have been its own game with a ton of playlist and a full set of maps to do it justice.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3