Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

South by Southwest MCC News!

OP Odinnfolk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
ODST FireFight & Reach added. PC port.

Make it so.
Halo Reach would be cool
I think the custom games browser is probably the most realistic guess. Reach would be fantastic though
Yes, please don't get your hopes up folks. If Reach were to happen, it would probably be revealed at a bigger event like E3.
Yazite wrote:
Yes, please don't get your hopes up folks. If Reach were to happen, it would probably be revealed at a bigger event like E3.
Maybe they don't want to take 'too' much focus off Halo 6
Its most likely
  1. Customs Browser
  2. Reach Port
  3. PC Version
  4. A New Mode (just wishful thinking, hopefully firefight ODST)
Its most likely
  1. Customs Browser
  2. Reach Port
  3. PC Version
All of the above should happen but a PC port is most important. There's waaay more PC players than Xbox players. Halo 6 will be on PC so it'll be awkward if they don't have the other games. Also it will drastically increase the MCC player base. It's really a no brainer.
it might not be much I am gonna keep my expectations low
Heronimon wrote:
Its most likely
  1. Customs Browser
  2. Reach Port
  3. PC Version
All of the above should happen but a PC port is most important. There's waaay more PC players than Xbox players. Halo 6 will be on PC so it'll be awkward if they don't have the other games. Also it will drastically increase the MCC player base. It's really a no brainer.
I'm all for it, but I wonder how things will go with having keyboard and mouse players running amok and ripping through conrtoller players.
Most likely showing off / announcing a release date for the custom game browser. It's nearly Feb and we haven't seen it yet, so March makes sense.

Less likely, but I could also see:
Reach DLC
Firefight DLC
Halo Custom Edition maps.

I know people keep going on and on about a PC version, but even if that happens, it wouldn't happen until the xboxone version is totally fixed. I do think that this is perhaps what it's all about, fixing MCC and then launching it as a play anywhere title. They couldn't have released a working PC version when the xboxone version was in shambles. However I still stand by my statement that even if/when MCC gets ported to PC, majority of gamers wont play it cause its not on their precious Steam.
Please be Reach!
Odinnfolk wrote:
Heronimon wrote:
Its most likely
  1. Customs Browser
  2. Reach Port
  3. PC Version
I'm all for it, but I wonder how things will go with having keyboard and mouse players running amok and ripping through conrtoller players.
*pulls off my rubber face-mask to reveal a mouse and keyboard*

Things will go swimmingly.
Odinnfolk wrote:
Heronimon wrote:
Its most likely
  1. Customs Browser
  2. Reach Port
  3. PC Version
That worries me as well. Especially regarding the pro scene. If MCC gets available on PC and Infinite as well, there really is no reason for the tourneys not to replace the Xbox with a PC.
It will be something we don't already know about is my guess.

otherwise why announce an upcoming announcement?

as for MCC on PC kbm vs controller - just disable crossplay, or give an opt out ability.
I have not replied in a long time but I REALLY hope this announcement will be the addition of TMMC as a cross play game for PC. I have a lot of pc players that ask about TMMC all the time in hopes that it will eventually come to the PC version of the "Play anywhere" list. Would be a tremendous leap forward for Game Pass sales and the sales of TMCC. It would also help build a lot of hype for Halo Infinite which will also be a "Play anywhere" game. This would be an incredible bombshell for Microsoft and the Halo franchise.
I highly doubt it's going to be Reach or a PC port. MCC may be in a stable state now, but there's still a lot to address and adding Reach could undo a lot of progress, meanwhile a PC port could have just as many, or even more, issues than when MCC originally came out. If we're getting a PC port or Reach, I expect an E3 reveal with a fall release. It feels too early for either of those to release.

Now, there is plenty of other stuff that MCC could get.

• ODST Firefight: Another highly requested feature and much more plausible than Reach and a PC port. ODST's campaign is already in the game and firefight would be easier to add than Reach.
  • Halo 4's Missing Armor, Weapon Skins, and Perks: The Champion's Bundle, Spartan Assault, and McFarlane exclusive weapon skins are still missing from the game. Ricochet, ODST, Mk V, and Prefect armors are missing. And the Resistor and Survivor perks are also missing. There's also still no way to use armor skins, though I doubt those will ever be added. 343i is aware of this and could bring all of it back in the future.
  • Custom Game Browser. It's confirmed to be coming and we probably could be playtesting it now if the match composer didn't come out so early. It really felt like the custom game browser was originally planned to come out in late 2018 and got delayed because of the match composer. I'm almost certain we'll have the browser before E3.
  • Halo Custom Edition Maps: We know they've worked on porting over several custom edition maps, with the only issue being a lack of sound. It's a matter of when, not how, for these maps.
  • Old Skulls in New Games and Actual New skulls: We've just gotten several new skulls for Combat Evolved but we could see some skulls for Halo 3 and Halo 4 added. 343i have talked several times about giving players the bandanna skull at least. There's also talk of brand new skulls for all of the Halo games, one example was invincible ally NPCs so marines and elites would be immortal.
  • New Halo 2 Anniversary Maps: Certain Affinity could be brought back to make some new maps for Halo 2 Anniversary. The low map count is a well known issue among players and 343i. 343i are looking for forge maps to add to the game, but that's not something you'd announce at an event like SXS. Now new maps made from the ground up by Certain Affinity? That's something you'd save for an event.
One more feature players want but is confirmed to not be worked on currently is bringing back proper armor customization for Halo 3 and Halo 4.
That amount of people requesting Reach to be added into MCC truly dumbfounds me...

A port to PC is probably a little too difficult for this studio to pull off. Unfortunately we still haven't heard an official response regarding Open API & Spectator Mode so those two things may never happen.

My guess is it's either a preview of the custom games browser or a showcase of the Custom Edition/NHE H1 maps.
I feel like the only thing that could actually warrant an announcement would be a PC port. Especially with all the work the team has done to get the game to run on One X. It's also an excellent way to introduce PC players to the franchise before infinite
Custom Game Browser: Already announced. Why would they announce an announcement of sth they already announced? -> Makes no sence.

Reach: They considered, that they hear the clear and loud sound of many people who want to have Reach added. This means they consider adding it. It may be, that they finally decided to add it and we might be getting it fall 2019. -> Maybe.

ODST Firefight: Same as Reach. -> Maybe.

PC: They already stated out many times that there will not be a PC Version of the game. Will not happen. Accept it. -> Wait for H6.

Custom Edition Maps: I don't see that you announce the announcement of a few more maps added to the MCC 2 months before. This game already has 100+ maps, so new maps wouldn't be a really exciting news. This might happen in the future, but I don't think it will be the announcement. - > Unlikely.

Result: I think the only logical things are Reach or ODST Firefight. Of course, I can't rule out that this result may be based on my personal hopes (I am really hoping it will be one of those). But I don't see the other options being realistic due to this kind of pre-announcement.

To keep hopes low, I expect 343 to be 343-like and announce "10 new helmets and 3 new nameplates for people who play 5 games in April". So let's see if/how much we get disappointed :-D
Or they will just say, MCC Insiders we can't thank you enough but for all of the insiders who helped make MCC better, they will get early access to the multiplayer beta of Halo Infinite on the "paste date and time here" and by the way here is reach (:

Let me dream
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3