We've been having this discussion ever since the update came out, maybe since the game came out but the spawns in MCC, Halo 3 to be precise are horrible at best. I just finished a game on blackout (lockout) team doubles (team snipers). We just killed them on top mid and I retreated back to the bridge that connects BR2 to Library, thinking they would either spawn T1, T2, lift or elbow. But no, they get a split spawn and one of them spawns on the bridge that connects library and BR3 ( I forgot what that spot is called), killing me and costing us the game.

I went into theater mode to see what happened and the guy spawns and he sees us as soon as he spawns, he waited for a couple of second, crouched so he won't appear on the radar and killed me while I was looking at T3, T2.

I don't think it should be possible for him to spawn there, never seen it on the 360. If I'm wrong please do tell me but if not, this is a big issue which happens across all maps that I hope 343 sees and is trying to work on it.

I can provide video evidence as I was streaming at the time for those who want to see.
I found the link below useful for deciding if the H3 spawning system is working as it should. Post the video if you can, what you are describing doesn't sound impossible.

Unofficial H3 spawning guide
stupid mistake
I found the link below useful for deciding if the H3 spawning system is working as it should. Post the video if you can, what you are describing doesn't sound impossible.

Unofficial H3 spawning guide
Sure, I went back into theater mode to have a more in-depth look at what happened. It's a 3 minute video. I'm going to check the guide you posted later. Sorry if I'm annoying :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOzheJvQviA&t
I made a similar thread and just couldn't be bothered sharing the videos. Terrible spawns seem to be the norm nowadays. I think its due to it being on dedicated servers because there used to be host team spawns and off host spawns and seeing as it's on dedicated servers there's no host team anymore. It happens way too frequently that im fighting a team, kill 1 and start fighting the other one, only for the guy i just killed to spawn on his team mate. Also in games of King of the hill teams seem to spawn in or near the hill which really breaks the gametype.
AtP Angel wrote:
I made a similar thread and just couldn't be bothered sharing the videos. Terrible spawns seem to be the norm nowadays. I think its due to it being on dedicated servers because there used to be host team spawns and off host spawns and seeing as it's on dedicated servers there's no host team anymore. It happens way too frequently that im fighting a team, kill 1 and start fighting the other one, only for the guy i just killed to spawn on his team mate. Also in games of King of the hill teams seem to spawn in or near the hill which really breaks the gametype.
Funny thing is, if you play the new playlist H3 Hardcore Team Doubles the spawns actually work. For example if you are playing on Guardian and you just killed them top mid, you have your teammate watching Top Gold from S3 and you sitting on top green. The only spawn they could get is Bottom Blue and sure enough they spawned there.
AtP Angel wrote:
Funny thing is, if you play the new playlist H3 Hardcore Team Doubles the spawns actually work. For example if you are playing on Guardian and you just killed them top mid, you have your teammate watching Top Gold from S3 and you sitting on top green. The only spawn they could get is Bottom Blue and sure enough they spawned there.
Okay sorry for the delayed reply, but I finally managed to getting around to see the video. Unless I boot up Halo 3 and eyeball the distance from where your opponent spawned it is a bit dubious, but I would say his spawn is valid spawn. Both you and your teammate are too far from his spawn to affect its weighting. All the places you suggested are equally likely spawns, but it looks like he hit the jackpot and got the spawn right behind you guys.
AtP Angel wrote:
Okay sorry for the delayed reply, but I finally managed to getting around to see the video. Unless I boot up Halo 3 and eyeball the distance from where your opponent spawned it is a bit dubious, but I would say his spawn is valid spawn. Both you and your teammate are too far from his spawn to affect its weighting. All the places you suggested are equally likely spawns, but it looks like he hit the jackpot and got the spawn right behind you guys.
If that's the case, then around 80% of the people I play hit the "jackpot" spawns...Thanks however for watching it.
AtP Angel wrote:
If that's the case, then around 80% of the people I play hit the "jackpot" spawns...Thanks however for watching it.
I did read up that spawn zones in slayer matches were present in vanilla Halo 3 maps and they could be causing spawning issues. If possible boot up the recent map into forge and see how it is set up. Which side was your default spawn?
AtP Angel wrote:
I did read up that spawn zones in slayer matches were present in vanilla Halo 3 maps and they could be causing spawning issues. If possible boot up the recent map into forge and see how it is set up. Which side was your default spawn?
Good idea and I have the OG Halo 3 disc with the xbox 360. Could compare the 2 see if they are identical