like EA did..here is a bit of an article from the terrible mess of a launch from battlefield 4.. but what did they do? stopped EVERYTHING and FIXED THEIR GAME.. what does 343i do?? continue development on their next game--release the beta--update it multiple times while this game is still unplayable for tons of people.. and EA was voted worst company in america 2 years in a row.. seems like we need to have a re-vote...

"Electronic Arts has pledged that it will not rest until the numerous issues affecting Battlefield 4 across all platforms are resolved. To that end, work on all future projects and Battlefield 4 expansions is on hold until DICE can fix the many issues users have reported since launch, an EA representative told GameSpot today.

"First, we want to thank the fans out there that are playing and supporting us with Battlefield 4. We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game--it is absolutely our #1 priority," the EA representative said. "The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game."

The EA representative explained that since the China Rising expansion--released yesterday for Premium subscribers--was already in the final stages of development when the issues cropped up, it decided to deliver the content on time instead of delaying it.

"But we're not moving onto future projects or expansions until we sort out all the issues with Battlefield 4," the statement goes on. "We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel your pain. We will not stop until this is right."

Three additional Battlefield 4 expansions are planned: Naval Strike (spring 2014), Dragon's Teeth (summer 2014), and Final Stand (summer 2014). It is unclear if those release windows are still accurate, given DICE is no longer working on them. In addition, DICE's decision to prioritize fixing the Battlefield 4 issues would appear to affect other in-development DICE projects, including the new Mirror's Edge title and the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront game."
343 doesn't care about us anymore, they got our money. Now they want the Halo 5 audience's money, so they'll work to get their money now.
Falleax wrote:
343 doesn't care about us anymore, they got our money. Now they want the Halo 5 audience's money, so they'll work to get their money now.
yea this is becoming more and more clear every day.. a lot of it does have to do w the publisher (microsft/EA) but like i said in the OP.. EA was voted worst company in america...2 years in a row.. and if the worst company in america is willing to put a game like Star Wars: Battlefront, which will undoubtedly bring in millions upon millions of dollars, on hold.. and MS/343i cant even stop making their next halo installment for a little while to fix this one, which brought in over 65 million in it's first week of sales.. says a great deal about these companies.. i really do think it's time to re-vote for worst company in america..
The state of the match making in MCC makes me sad. My friends get frustrated every single day at how irritating it is to simply join together, communicate, play a game etc etc
Falleax wrote:
This sadly. EA still have to sell those DLCs. To do that you need a working game and a strong population.

This is why 343i are really changing their direction from Halo 4 to 5. Because selling DLC on Halo 4 was not worth the time. They are hoping it will on Halo 5.

MCC didn't have DLC planned for it so of course they dragged their feet when it came to fixing it. Only now they HAD to offer DLC as compensation. But unless the community comes back later on, don't expect them to release Reach.
Wow that is a large claim, not to mention you are comparing the wrong parent companies and their subsidiaries. You should be more upset with Microsoft Studios which owns 343, or Microsoft ffs.

Also not to forget, those polls are essentially "what the Internet hates the most" and guess which group of people use Internet the most?! Ding ding ding, Gamers. Anyone with, o nevermind, I don't want to be a person who says ridiculous and possibly hurtful remarks.

If you want the real reasons, which are great and stand on their own merit yes, but don't make it by any means the worst company in the US. Take a look at the Forbes review. There isn't just Forbes either, just use Google! Wish I could copy and paste anything goes on my phone!!!

There are ligitimately many more and way worse companies, that do worse things to people lol. Financially, physically, and mentally. But no, we see the people who got screwed out of video games, say compared to losing their airplane ticket, or luggage, or any other service and retail store which has their fair share of problems and complaints.

Having some banks up there at least makes sense lol.

TLDR: guess it depends one what people value getting screwed over more and what motivates them to take action. Their video game or something else. Which currently seems to be video games are the #1 company problem apparently.
While BF4's launch was bad, it's no where near as bad as this game.
With BF4, at least I got a working game by christmas.
And here we are, almost mid January and all the next update is gonna do is fix some of the UI problems and add 2 playlist that very few people want.
This games biggest problem is the netcode/matchmaking which is the one part of the game 343 actually developed, which is sad.
343 is the biggest collective bunch of vapid incompetents I've ever seen as far as a game developer goes. Thank god halo 5 is as bad as it is so i don't have to give my money to these suckers for at least the next 3 years.
While BF4's launch was bad, it's no where near as bad as this game.
With BF4, at least I got a working game by christmas.
And here we are, almost mid January and all the next update is gonna do is fix some of the UI problems and add 2 playlist that very few people want.
This games biggest problem is the netcode/matchmaking which is the one part of the game 343 actually developed, which is sad.
343 is the biggest collective bunch of vapid incompetents I've ever seen as far as a game developer goes. Thank god halo 5 is as bad as it is so i don't have to give my money to these suckers for at least the next 3 years.
BF4 was still horrible after Christmas, even worse than the MCC. Campaign progress constantly reset, multiplayer loudouts constantly reset, I just gave up on the game eventually because I kept ending up redoing everything.
Do you really think Microsoft would let 343i stop EVERYTHING to fix Halo MCC? Do you really think Microsoft would let 343i NOT work on the Halo 5 beta? One of the games they are expecting to be a huge seller for the Xbox One this Fall?

At the end of the day, it is Microsoft's decision on what 343i does with their resources. I'm curious to read/hear what Phil Spencer and Larry Hyrb and Co. would say if asked this question.
like EA did..here is a bit of an article from the terrible mess of a launch from battlefield 4.. but what did they do? stopped EVERYTHING and FIXED THEIR GAME.. what does 343i do?? continue development on their next game--release the beta--update it multiple times while this game is still unplayable for tons of people.. and EA was voted worst company in america 2 years in a row.. seems like we need to have a re-vote...

"Electronic Arts has pledged that it will not rest until the numerous issues affecting Battlefield 4 across all platforms are resolved. To that end, work on all future projects and Battlefield 4 expansions is on hold until DICE can fix the many issues users have reported since launch, an EA representative told GameSpot today.

"First, we want to thank the fans out there that are playing and supporting us with Battlefield 4. We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game--it is absolutely our #1 priority," the EA representative said. "The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game."

The EA representative explained that since the China Rising expansion--released yesterday for Premium subscribers--was already in the final stages of development when the issues cropped up, it decided to deliver the content on time instead of delaying it.

"But we're not moving onto future projects or expansions until we sort out all the issues with Battlefield 4," the statement goes on. "We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel your pain. We will not stop until this is right."

Three additional Battlefield 4 expansions are planned: Naval Strike (spring 2014), Dragon's Teeth (summer 2014), and Final Stand (summer 2014). It is unclear if those release windows are still accurate, given DICE is no longer working on them. In addition, DICE's decision to prioritize fixing the Battlefield 4 issues would appear to affect other in-development DICE projects, including the new Mirror's Edge title and the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront game."
1-EA doesn't really work on their games any more. many of their newer titles are the same game as the prior year with updated rosters.

2-H5Beta was PART OF THE MCC. if they didn't put it out when promised there would be another complaint thread here with dead horse posts.

3-each company has a different business model. 343 doesn't have to conduct themselves in the same manner as EA.

4-if you put as much emotion and value in more important things than your feelings about a game and the speed of its repair you wouldn't be so blind to see the work that has been done and the improvements made. I have faith that it will, someday soon, work as intended
Firstly they are all run by different team you do realize that? They have teams that are working on fixing MCC, they have teams developing Halo 5, they have teams working on the beta, they also have teams working on new and secondary products. Not everyone at 343 has the skills to fix something that already launch some specialize in designing or building the overall infrastructure for a game not everyone can work on MP issues that arose at launch. Secondly why would Microsoft allow them to halt production of another product? 343 has deadlines like any company in the world a.k.a Business 101.
First things first, you have to be fair. Different teams are working on the beta and MCC. I don't think it serves much purpose to have playlist managers and programmers who tweak in-game features of the beta to go out of their area of expertise to work on fixing code in the MCC.

I will say however that 343 should live by the phrase, "you had one job". We can blame MS all we want for setting the deadline but what it comes down to is that all 343 had to do was port this collection to new code and fix bugs.

I'm not in the least bit surprised that there are tons of bugs because that's the biggest problem with porting games to new hardware. What I am surprised is that 343 evidently didn't think about this until the actual launch. Their one job was to fix bugs. That's it; all the other work has essentially been done for them already.

That aside, I do think this game will end up being just fine, but 343 will never eliminate the stain of the launch from their legacy as a developer. I'm sure there are great employees working at 343 but the overall effort reeks of incompetence, which is a shame, because the content of the MCC itself is unparalleled in quantity and quality.
Firstly they are all run by different team you do realize that? They have teams that are working on fixing MCC, they have teams developing Halo 5, they have teams working on the beta, they also have teams working on new and secondary products. Not everyone at 343 has the skills to fix something that already launch some specialize in designing or building the overall infrastructure for a game not everyone can work on MP issues that arose at launch. Secondly why would Microsoft allow them to halt production of another product? 343 has deadlines like any company in the world a.k.a Business 101.

i do realize that.. and DICE also probably didnt have the same teams working on SW: Battlefront and Battlefield 4.. but they did stop everything, and pull 100% of their resources to fix the game.. instead of how things are being handled with microsoft and 343..DICE also had deadlnes, that they pushed back, bc why would people buy anything else of theirs if the game they had already paid for was unplayable..
b12ickt0p wrote:
1-EA doesn't really work on their games any more. many of their newer titles are the same game as the prior year with updated rosters.

2-H5Beta was PART OF THE MCC. if they didn't put it out when promised there would be another complaint thread here with dead horse posts.

3-each company has a different business model. 343 doesn't have to conduct themselves in the same manner as EA.

4-if you put as much emotion and value in more important things than your feelings about a game and the speed of its repair you wouldn't be so blind to see the work that has been done and the improvements made. I have faith that it will, someday soon, work as intended
1- oh so all this content in the MCC is something brand new we've never seen before eh??
2- so was all DLC for battlefield 4, which they put on hold BC THEIR CURRENT GAME WAS UNPLAYABLE.
3- no they do not have to, but shows how much they actually care about their customers..
4- sure, i do understand it's made vast improvements.. i can search by myself and only wait 5-6 min to get games now.. doesn't mean they have to keep working on new projects that we basically already funded with MCC.. they could take 100% of their resources, and fix it way more quickly than how this is being handled.. then move on with 100% of their resources onto making halo 5..

1- oh so all this content in the MCC is something brand new we've never seen before eh??
2- so was all DLC for battlefield 4, which they put on hold BC THEIR CURRENT GAME WAS UNPLAYABLE.
3- no they do not have to, but shows how much they actually care about their customers..
4- sure, i do understand it's made vast improvements.. i can search by myself and only wait 5-6 min to get games now.. doesn't mean they have to keep working on new projects that we basically already funded with MCC.. they could take 100% of their resources, and fix it way more quickly than how this is being handled.. then move on with 100% of their resources onto making halo 5..
1-compiled on a single ui. built to interact with multiple versions of LIVE. across 3 consoles.
2-beta is not dlc. multiple teams in the company. and I am an engineer, I am familiar with the process of a project. EVERYONE is NEVER working on the same thing. MCC is having isues that artists, map developers, writers, and others have no business touching. you show your naivety in assuming EA meant "everyone", and not just "everyone that matters".
3-they don't care because they aren't giving you what you want? im glad they don't care then. read the H5 threads and people want different things. that game will never finish if they appease everyone
4-i haven't played since the beta started, but I was having success with groups of 3-4 before the Beta launched. "basically funded with MCC"??? that's a bit ignorant. halo 5 is nearing the final stages, I doubt they were waiting for those funds. ODST is mainly outsourced like HCE-H3 were for this....