Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
How about you stop removing and rotating ranked playlists? Just leave them alone. I am sure I am not the only one who is sick of getting my rank reset. Here's a better idea. Open up their search criteria in the playlists that have a low population so higher ranks can match lower ranks, instead of 1-10, 10-20, etc. Or set it up for any rank to match any rank so people find matches. Do not eliminate the playlist completely.

Just a hunch, but the ranked playlist population could be dying because people are grinding for a 50 and then you go and delete the playlist or reset it on them. What's the point in putting in the time? This game is seriously mismanaged.
The purpose of ranked is to play similar skill set. If you "open up the ranks" you then have social so what would be the point of the ranks? Pretty sure lower ranked players have zero interest in matching high rank players who will just curb stomp them. If a ranked playlist has super low population it's best to just remove it and hopefully those few players will help populate other ranked playlist.
You're acting like they do this regularly and I don't think they said they're going to reset the ranks. What will likely happen is a playlist will be rotated out and then when it comes back you'll still have the same rank as before. Having rotational playlists has been proven in H5 to have higher short term populations than when they were permanent so this will likely help in the long run.
I was waiting for this argument. Because I knew that would be the response.

What's to stop me from signing out of my 32 and signing into my ranked 1 and curb stomping lower ranked people? Absolutely nothing. It happens every day. If you are unaware of that then you aren't paying attention. Limiting the ranks does not prevent that at all. The point of ranks is to get to 50. And have the 50 in your profile where you can say look, I got a 50.

And don't act like they don't do this regularly. They do. A couple times a year. I've had 6 50s in Halo CE on 6 separate accounts and they've reset them. I got 3 of them back to 50 again and they've reset them again. At some point (and again, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way), enough is enough, and I'll just go play something else, which lowers ranked population even more by me not playing and causes the exact problem you're facing today with ranked playlists.

You guys should do some research.
What I don’t get is with cross play right around the corner why are they rotating some ranked playlists out? If anything this would boost the population.

Effectively this has killed the competitive Halo 2 playlist and will now throw them all into social.
That is definitely a good question. Someone at a 343 board meeting should ask it.
"Uh hey, guys? We're about to introduce crossplay. Why are we removing playlists?"

I'd love to watch that meeting livestreamed.

What's to stop me from signing out of my 32 and signing into my ranked 1 and curb stomping lower ranked people? Absolutely nothing. It happens every day. If you are unaware of that then you aren't paying attention. Limiting the ranks does not prevent that at all. The point of ranks is to get to 50. And have the 50 in your profile where you can say look, I got a 50.

And don't act like they don't do this regularly. They do. A couple times a year. I've had 6 50s in Halo CE on 6 separate accounts and they've reset them. I got 3 of them back to 50 again and they've reset them again. At some point (and again, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way), enough is enough, and I'll just go play something else, which lowers ranked population even more by me not playing and causes the exact problem you're facing today with ranked playlists.

That's called "smurfing" and I am pretty sure is against Xbox Lives ToS as you are essentially cheating. I remember a lot of H5 players getting both accounts banned in those cases.
Just because players can have multiple accounts and some do "smurf" doesn't mean they should change the way ranked works. Players still want the better chance of playing against similar skill, sure they may run into higher skill set players sometimes but they certainly don't want it all the time.
I'm glad it's called smurfing and it's against the Xbox ToS. I'm also glad they shouldn't do it. But do you think anyone cares? It still happens and you can't stop it. You can ban all the accounts you want, someone can make a new number 1 and get right back into stomping on low level players. You're missing the point, which was that it DOES happen, and limiting the search criteria in ranked playlists doesn't stop it. Also, low level players get stomped in social all the time. Social has a higher population of players, though, because matches are found quickly (due to the higher population). If ranked playlists could provide matches quicker by unrestricting their level caps, more people would play. They're already doing it in Invasion. 50s match 1s all day. Does anyone care? No. Matches find quick and it's one of the most populated playlists.

The answer is not to remove the playlists. The low population is the result of your poorly managed playlists to begin with. The answer is to change the options to increase the population. You really think if people have less ranked playlist choices they'll play another ranked playlist? "Oh, there's no Halo 2 classic playlist that's ranked? I'll just go play social then." Each Halo game needs a dedicated ranked playlist.
LethalQ wrote:
Just because players can have multiple accounts and some do "smurf" doesn't mean they should change the way ranked works. Players still want the better chance of playing against similar skill, sure they may run into higher skill set players sometimes but they certainly don't want it all the time.
Also, if 50s can match ones, you wouldn't match higher ranked players all the time. You'd preference the lower ones first. You'd only match the higher ones if no lower ones are searching. But, you'd still find a match, and that's the point.
How long did it take you to find a game in a non-Halo 3 playlist? I guarantee it was not in less than 20 minutes, considering how desolate those places are. The reason they're being removed is because they're so desolate in the first place. They're honestly just a waste of space at this point.
How about you stop removing and rotating ranked playlists? Just leave them alone. I am sure I am not the only one who is sick of getting my rank reset. Here's a better idea. Open up their search criteria in the playlists that have a low population so higher ranks can match lower ranks, instead of 1-10, 10-20, etc. Or set it up for any rank to match any rank so people find matches. Do not eliminate the playlist completely.

Just a hunch, but the ranked playlist population could be dying because people are grinding for a 50 and then you go and delete the playlist or reset it on them. What's the point in putting in the time? This game is seriously mismanaged.
I agree with this. It would certainly help the population, because everyone would get games much faster at any time of the day. The only real downside is that it becomes too easy to get a 50. But it's better than getting to 20-30 or so and then being completely unable to find any games at all, ever.
How long did it take you to find a game in a non-Halo 3 playlist? I guarantee it was not in less than 20 minutes, considering how desolate those places are. The reason they're being removed is because they're so desolate in the first place. They're honestly just a waste of space at this point.
A waste of space. Haha, wow. Because an empty playlist is affecting your life is so many ways that it just HAS to be removed. It CANNOT STAY. IT MUST GO. AHHHHHH!!

Come on, man. If we start deleting things simply because someone thinks it's a waste of space then this entire community has no hope.
LethalQ wrote:
Also, if 50s can match ones, you wouldn't match higher ranked players all the time. You'd preference the lower ones first. You'd only match the higher ones if no lower ones are searching. But, you'd still find a match, and that's the point.
It would work if they could make it an optional search preference. Maybe have some ranked settings where players could select how big of a ranked window they want.
^^ There you go. Now there's a good idea.

What's stopping you is you wanting a 50.
No one is impressed with your 50s. You might as well play something else. It would be a better use of your time.
Most people who aren't impressed with 50s are people who cannot attain a 50 themselves. Which is probably where you're coming from. But regardless, saying no one is impressed is YOUR opinion, not EVERYONE's opinion. If I want to go for a 50 I can go for a 50. I do not need your approval to do it. And you are not in charge of how I spend my time. I am.
Most people who aren't impressed with 50s are people who cannot attain a 50 themselves. Which is probably where you're coming from. But regardless, saying no one is impressed is YOUR opinion, not EVERYONE's opinion. If I want to go for a 50 I can go for a 50. I do not need your approval to do it. And you are not in charge of how I spend my time. I am.
No, it's been pretty un impressive since after H3 golden years. That's not an opinion FYI. No one is watching videos of getting to 50 or streams, it doesnt matter in MCC because it's not difficult but time consuming. The hardest part is finding matches. And all you have to do to win is play in a party, not even a good one.

50s don't matter, anyone can see that. Ranked in MCC doesn't matter at all and that's the problem.
You just stated an opinion and then stated it was not an opinion. Does that make it fact? Where does it say 50s are unimpressive since after the H3 golden years? I must have missed that memo. Looks like your opinion to me. 50s may not impress you, but I personally get very frustrated when I spend a few months getting a few 50s and then 343 goes and deletes or resets it on me. MCC has gone down the toilet because of how it is poorly managed, not because 50s aren't impressive.
You just stated an opinion and then stated it was not an opinion. Does that make it fact? Where does it say 50s are unimpressive since after the H3 golden years? I must have missed that memo. Looks like your opinion to me. 50s may not impress you, but I personally get very frustrated when I spend a few months getting a few 50s and then 343 goes and deletes or resets it on me. MCC has gone down the toilet because of how it is poorly managed, not because 50s aren't impressive.
MCC is doing quite well IMO. He stated an opinion and then backed it up.
There is a player population problem and it affects all playlists, social and ranked.
If you want games where you can match up without waiting then play H3 BTB.
I never have issues getting matches.

Edit: I want to add that we all have our opinions.
They are the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world.
I accept that we each have our opinions and I feel for you and your problems with MCC. I have had issue with it in the past but have been pleasantly surprised by the improvements made by 343i. I hope your problem is solved as well.
IMO 50s have not meant anything since the OG games. Obviously that is one person. There are many who will disagree.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2