As title says:
Please stop resetting ranks in competitive matchmaking!

I played a few games of the new H3-Slayer playlist which is in for H3-Arena. It is SO BORING to play the whole way back to a level where it gets competitive (let’s say min. 40?). +15 to +25 every game and that for hours is not what competitive is made for. It will take me weeks of evening playing to get back to 50 because it takes like 200-300 wins to get up there.

this isn‘t fun for the normal players either. Or is it fun to get smashed in the face? NO!

so please please stop resetting ranks! It‘s SO annoying!
Hey TotherBlock,

This isn't a rank reset. This is an entirely new playlist. The rank you achieved in Halo 3 Team Arena isn't gone. When that playlist makes its way back, you will retain the same rank when it left. New playlist means a new rank needs to be issued and everyone starts at 1.

Cheers,
Postums
Hey Postums,

thanks for that answer. Sure, it is a „new playlist“ in the system. But to me it would make more sence, if people who had 50 in arena would start with 40 in slayer, people who had 30-49 start with 30 and rest with 1.
this would prevent these completely lopsided games which are no fun for anyone.

if you insert a really „completely new“ playlist I‘m fine with everyone starting at 1, but this is obviously just a playlist change that removed objective gametypes. Rest is the same. It‘s not a completely new playlist just because you call it like that.

and another fact I don‘t like:
People lose their „highest achieved rank“ which is shown in the career stats when the playlist is „inactive“.
It is a completely new playlist though. The original playlist will still exist and hold those rankings, meaning it could come back again at some point in the future.
Postums wrote:
Hey TotherBlock,

This isn't a rank reset. This is an entirely new playlist. The rank you achieved in Halo 3 Team Arena isn't gone. When that playlist makes its way back, you will retain the same rank when it left. New playlist means a new rank needs to be issued and everyone starts at 1.

Cheers,
Postums
Even so we have nothing to show for on our in game profile what our highest achieved skill ranks are bc it only shows the current.