Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Suggestions and improvements for H2A - Discussion

OP PIasmaArch3r

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
A classic game ... But i think would add the sounds of weapons original
I'm not sure about this one, I quite like the new weapon sounds. Maybe the brute cannon one is a bit weird, but I think that's it.
  1. I say remakes are possible because when you look at it they already have the classic maps in the game and they added odst so your telling me they can't add a map I just don't see how I never would have seen h3 odst coming to mcc but it did
Bro what we need is some map remakes, I say these are the best choices
  • Headlong
  • Waterworks
  • District
  • Containment
All those would show some dedication to the Classic BTB community. And maybe an Ivory Tower & Gemini remakes for arena.

Then, to add some more fun to the BTB experience, we'll need some new vehicles such as the Shadow, Spectre, and Shade Turrets.
Hello. This time I wanna say some suggestions to make Halo 2:Anniversary a game that resembles the Classic version more, in terms of gameplay.

* Vehicle tweaks:
- Buff the health of all the different vehicles. Currently, they are destroyed with less grenades or shots than in the old version, which drastically affects the gameplay.
- Hide the Ghost's weak point a bit more. Now, it can be destroyed with a single shot of a BR, accidentally or not.
- Buff the power of the Banshee main weapon, and maybe the bullets speed. They're so easy to dodge, and do very little damage compared to the original.
- Although the Mongosse/Gungoose wasn't in the Classic version, I suggest to increase its damage at least x2 (it has issues when killing, even if the enemies have been already weakened).
- Add the Spectre, which was iconic of Halo 2 Classic, mainly for BTB or customs.

* HUD: put the shield indicator in the correct point, which is at the top of the radar, instead of the screen (like Halo 4). Although it could be seen as minor change, this involves a drastical change in the gameplay, because you can't see both at the same time, so you're forced to either change your sight focus constantly (which can distract you) or place your TV further. I understand it's more of a personal preference, so to please both sides of the coin, I would make it entirely optional.

* Weapon tweaks:
- Increase the size of the BR crosshair. Currently, it acts more like a Sniper than a mid range weapon, and its bullets are really accurate that way. In the classic version, however, it would suffer at the longest distances.
- Make Dual-wielding great again. One of the most fun and coordination rewarding features of the original version was nerfed, in a way that makes a single weapon nearly as powerful as two of them. I would suggest to increase the rate of fire of the SMG when dueled, which is the main issue. Currently, a single player with a BR can kill a Dual-SMGs user in close range, even if he started first and the BR user is not strafing.
- Buff the Plasma Rifle projectile speed and rate of fire to make it able to beat an SMG, and to be a valuable close range gun, like it was in the past.
- The Shotgun and Sword shoot and hit, respectively, seems to be prioritized when you shoot/melee someone with those weapons, in contrast to the normal melee, resulting in an unfair trade, or in the worst case, an unregistered hit. It has never happened to me in the old edition.

* Melee tweaks: this one is a bit less noticeable, however, if you play enough matchs, you will see the difference easily. The issue is the range; while in the classic version you can punch at longer distances, it's not possible anymore in the anniversary edition. However, the speed was nerfed very accurately and it keeps the damage system.

* Sounds: players seems to be muted, either it's an Elite or an Spartan. That said, death sounds should be added too.

* Remake more maps: there are just 6 of 7 maps, instead of the nearly 30 maps of the classic Halo. If it's not possible, forge remakes could be a temporal suitable way.

I think those are the most important improvements. What's your opinion? Have you encountered another differences?
You are awesone player
Halo 2: remaking the leggend
Bro what we need is some map remakes, I say these are the best choices
  • Headlong
  • Waterworks
  • District
  • Containment
All those would show some dedication to the Classic BTB community. And maybe an Ivory Tower & Gemini remakes for arena.

Then, to add some more fun to the BTB experience, we'll need some new vehicles such as the Shadow, Spectre, and Shade Turrets.
I agree with the Shade turret, it could be pretty cool, although it would need a damage and projectile speed buff to be consistent and useful.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I’d be happy if they just got rid of the music. Halo was always about the atmosphere, and was unique in that the sound effects and ambiance of the levels created the mood, rather than a soundtrack. The announcer is way too prevalent, with constant unneeded updates. IMO 343 has totally botched the “spirit” of Halo when it comes to sound design, in an effort to make it more “modern” and make it “pop.” They just miss the mark all over. I’m pretty surprised they didn’t add sprint to H2A.
jcwrekszZ1 wrote:
I’d be happy if they just got rid of the music. Halo was always about the atmosphere, and was unique in that the sound effects and ambiance of the levels created the mood, rather than a soundtrack. The announcer is way too prevalent, with constant unneeded updates. IMO 343 has totally botched the “spirit” of Halo when it comes to sound design, in an effort to make it more “modern” and make it “pop.” They just miss the mark all over. I’m pretty surprised they didn’t add sprint to H2A.
If they had added sprint to H2A, it would have been even more different than the Classic version. What we're trying to achieve is to get it as close as possible, while being fixed and improved (for instance, with a better balance and the Shadow).

However, your first point is pretty solid as music changes the atmosphere, aswell as the announcer, so I will add it.
Spoiler:
Show
- Remake more maps. For instance: Elongation (2v2-4v4), Headlong (BTB), Turf (4v4) and Terminal/Waterworks (8v8).
- Include the Spectre.

I would be ok with those ones. Maybe add the shield position option too.
I'm pretty sure the projectile speed of the banshee was always that slow. I remember a team slayer match of H2C on Coagulation where I struggled to hit anything with both the banshee and the ghost, the projectiles were terribly slow. People were getting way more kills ramming into people than shooting them, to the point where that was practically the only thing they did.

You might be better than me at H2C and not have these problems, so I may be wrong on this point, but I'm fairly certain this issue is not exclusive to H2A.
jcwrekszZ1 wrote:
yeah the music is very un needed
I'm pretty sure the projectile speed of the banshee was always that slow. I remember a team slayer match of H2C on Coagulation where I struggled to hit anything with both the banshee and the ghost, the projectiles were terribly slow. People were getting way more kills ramming into people than shooting them, to the point where that was practically the only thing they did.

You might be better than me at H2C and not have these problems, so I may be wrong on this point, but I'm fairly certain this issue is not exclusive to H2A.
They were slow but if you predicted the enemy movement a bit you could succed. However, for me the H2A Banshee feels even slower than its classic counterpart, unlike the Ghost, which shoots quite fastly and accurately. In addition to that, I'm sure about the slight Banshee damage nerf.

I think it would be enough to buff its damage and the projectile speed to match the Ghost's one, just like the Classic version, or at least to make it more useful and to not repeat the same balance mistakes.
Spoiler:
Show
jcwrekszZ1 wrote:
yeah the music is very un needed
I agree, the announcer's voice is so loud and annoying.
Is Halo 2 Objective suppossed to disable teleporters? I've never seen that before, only in the Anniversary edition, and it drastically affects gameplay;

For instance, when playing in Warlord or Ascension, they're turned off and you can't use them. What do you think of that? Do you like the way it is now?

With that said, I would like to suggest changing Coagulation boosters with teleporters, just like it was and to perform it better like the classic versoon. I've added that point to the main post.

Note: I considered this was a highly important issue and would like to discuss it. As the purpose of this message is to let people know the problem, aswell as developers to fix it if necessary, please don't take it as bumping; this should be the main H2A improvements thread in my opinion.
Is Halo 2 Objective suppossed to disable teleporters? I've never seen that before, only in the Anniversary edition, and it drastically affects gameplay;

For instance, when playing in Warlord or Ascension, they're turned off and you can't use them. What do you think of that? Do you like the way it is now?

With that said, I would like to suggest changing Coagulation boosters with teleporters.
I agree with turning on the teleporters. They're so important in terms of gameplay and Objective shouldn't be extremely different, and even more if it was like that in the old game.

Although, I like the way Bloodline plays in Halo 2 Anniversary, so I would leave that as it is. It's not exactly the same map neither.
I used to feel like H:2A multiplayer was sort of an unfortunate afterthought that actually somewhat detracted from the core purpose of the MCC.

Now with the MCC coming to PC, and the possibility of continued investment, development, new content, and cross play, I feel like H:2A multiplayer might have a chance to really shine.
LarsBars wrote:
I used to feel like H:2A multiplayer was sort of an unfortunate afterthought that actually somewhat detracted from the core purpose of the MCC.

Now with the MCC coming to PC, and the possibility of continued investment, development, new content, and cross play, I feel like H:2A multiplayer might have a chance to really shine.
The current issue is Reach development and PC porting, but as soon as those tasks are finished, Halo 2: Anniversary experience might be enhanced and fixed properly.

Maybe I should add to the list the most recent changes to the Slayer equipment; the secondary slot, which featured the SMG, meant for dual-wielding was replaced by an AR without any actual reason rather than having a weapon that in my opinion must be limited to a map pickup, as it is redundant and wasn't even in the Classic version of the game. While it's better for melee and mid range, we shouldn't forget that this game is suppossed to be as close as possible to the Original Halo 2.

What do you think of that?
The armour hybrids on MP look horrible on elites
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3