Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] SXSW Halo News Theories (MCC Announcement)

OP HaloBungie343I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I posted this in the Halo: Infinite Forum as well. However, I feel it would be better suited here. If a mod wants to talk in regards to either having this "repost" removed from the Infinite Trailer Forum, please PM me. Thanks!

SXSW Halo Theories:

Note: Only one, if any, of these would come true. It is unlikely more than one would and impossible for all to come true.

1) Halo 3 Anniversary will be announced and added to Halo: MCC
2) Halo: Reach joins Halo: MCC
3) Halo 5: Guardians is added to Halo: MCC and the stand alone game is removed from the Store
4) (Most radical) Halo: Infinite Multiplayer Beta comes to Halo: MCC in November 2019. And we get the game trailer. (My favorite choice, despite the very, very low chances. Imagine the shock! We expect it at E3. If they show the trailer here, it would completely catch everyone off guard. It would increase talks and hype on the game much quicker than an E3 release!)
5) Halo TV show trailer release and episode 1 release date.
6) Halo: MCC will be the first title to be playable on XCloud and Nintendo Switch and is coming to PC by mid-April

Edit: I just thought of another theory. Announcement made that Bungie joins 343I in 2020 to make a combo studio. Either that or they do what I said in an earlier post. (See Halo: Infinite Trailer Forum and look for my first post. Page 67 or so.)

Anyone else have any ideas or theories?

mod edit: moved to Halo MCC
I think they're gonna announce it coming to PC.
3) Halo 5: Guardians is added to Halo: MCC and the stand alone game is removed from the Store

You think it makes sense for them to stop selling a game and add it to an existing game instead?
I think those are all way too major of announcements to do at SXSW. They all would require the approval of Microsoft, and Microsoft likes to make its announcements at big events put on by Microsoft.

My money is on a custom game browser announcement. They don’t have all the originally scoped work for MCC done yet. Microsoft doesn’t need to approve that decision because they already approved the existence of custom games.

Any stuff involving other games/properties that Microsoft owns/controls will likely be made a Microsoft event.

Said another way, 343 controls features in MCC, they do not directly control the other Halo games. Microsoft controls those, and Microsoft makes announcements at events that Microsoft is hosting.
I think they're gonna announce it coming to PC.
It already is known it will. Every 1st party game will be an Xbox Play Anywhere title. This includes all Halo games startimg with Halo: Infinite.
I think those are all way too major of announcements to do at SXSW. They all would require the approval of Microsoft, and Microsoft likes to make its announcements at big events put on by Microsoft.

My money is on a custom game browser announcement. They don’t have all the originally scoped work for MCC done yet. Microsoft doesn’t need to approve that decision because they already approved the existence of custom games.

Any stuff involving other games/properties that Microsoft owns/controls will likely be made a Microsoft event.

Said another way, 343 controls features in MCC, they do not directly control the other Halo games. Microsoft controls those, and Microsoft makes announcements at events that Microsoft is hosting.
Your points are very sound. However, we know for certain it is news regarding Halo: MCC. So a custom game browser is not a highly probable announcement. These are very big announcements, yes. But that is why they are theories. Not even rumors. Simply theories. Very nice thought though. A browser specific to games would be very cool!

Edit: I realize I misread your comment. A "Customs" browser..... LOL! This is in fact a great option to consider! The customs browser currently in game is not very easy to navigate in my opinion. Maybe changing the Forge mode in Halo 3 to a better version? More like Guardians? Or do you think that would be pushing it?

You think it makes sense for them to stop selling a game and add it to

Your points are very sound. However, we know for certain it is news regarding Halo: MCC. So a custom game browser is not a highly probable announcement. These are very big announcements, yes. But that is why they are theories. Not even rumors. Simply theories. Very nice thought though. A browser specific to games would be very cool!

You think it makes sense for them to stop selling a game and add it to an existing game instead?
It makes sense. Considering it was one of the worst performing of the series. However, they can do it and not remove it too. Again, these are theories. Who knows what will be announced?
It makes sense. Considering it was one of the worst performing of the series. However, they can do it and not remove it too. Again, these are theories. Who knows what will be announced?
I love it when people make up facts and then claim they're true. Even if that were true it still wouldn't make sense to stop selling the game in one form and add it to another game. That isn't the way anything works. One of your 'theories' isn't even related to MCC the one thing that we know the announcement is supposed to be about.

Also, please refrain from posting multiple times in a row. You can edit your posts to add information and respond to multiple people in a single post.

You think it makes sense for them to stop selling a game and add it to

Thanks for moving the thread. I was unsure if it belonged there or not due to it involving more than just Halo: MCC.
“Exciting MCC news” can mean anything, including an eSports-related announcement (appropriate given the context), so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Quote:
If you are not able to make it, be sure to tune in to mixer.com/Halo and twitch.tv/Halo each day at 12PM CT. Not only will you be treated to amazing matches and gameplay, but we’ve also got some exciting MCC news to reveal during the show.
True. I am someone who always has his hopes and dreams seperate from his expectations. Minimizes the disapointment. I doubt it would be something ESports related though. It would be hard to add something like that new to MCC when the hype is showing something for all Halo: MCC players. Not just the pros. It would be a letdown.
If I have to make a good guess, I'm guessing that Halo Reach will be announced being added to Halo MCC or a PC release (Imagine the mod support if released on Steam :D).
As fun as it would be to play MCC on a Switch, I don't believe it has the hardware to run H2A or H4.
If I had to guess it's either a release date for The Custom Game Browser or Custom Edition Maps.
If I had to guess it's either a release date for The Custom Game Browser or Custom Edition Maps.
Possible! The Halo 1 maps are already there. Maybe Halo: Custom Edition will be added to MCC?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
H3A or a bigger prize pool for the MCC tournaments.
I’m hoping we will get Reach on MCC.
I hope for Reach (+firefight) and dream for PC announcement. I will not play on PC but there will be so much more people playing Halo especially the modding community and they will bring new light to the MCC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3