Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] SXSW Halo News Theories (MCC Announcement)

OP HaloBungie343I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hope they don't add h3A they couldn't even remaster more then 5 maps for h2a just add reach simple
If it's not a PC port I'm going to be extremely pissed off especially since they can see hype and expectations is building for that.

If it's not coming to PC please just say.
As fun as it would be to play MCC on a Switch, I don't believe it has the hardware to run H2A or H4.
It certainly wouldn’t be able to run Halo 2A unless there was a massive downgrade. But remember, Halo 4 runs on Xbox 360, and the Switch is more powerful than the last gen consoles. Honestly the switches power is often underrated. My estimate is that Halo 1,2 can run at 60fps, halo 3, 4 at 30. But ya Halo 2A was made for the One which is certainly more powerful than the switch. However via XCloud the MCC could easily run on the Switch.

Additionally please upgrade the assets sets for the Halo 2A cutscenes. I think they only run in 1080p, because they look a bit meh on my 4K TV.
I’ll say it right now, MCC is not coming to PC. Even if it was, it wouldn’t be announced here.

343 has given no indication they are planning on doing anything with MCC on PC. Anyone hyping themselves up for it isn’t listening to 343.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What I'm hoping for that probably won't happen: Halo 3 Anniversary
What I'm hoping will happen that seems likely: More Halo 2A maps
Well now the rumor-mill is abound with the MCC coming to PC see here for one article: https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/505545-halo-master-chief-collection-pc-release-rumored-e3
My thoughts are that it will be one of 3 options:

1. ODST Firefight is added
2. Custom Game Browser is added
3. Halo: Reach is added in its entirety.

I believe Halo: Reach is the least likely of the three, with Custom Games Browser being the most likely.
Did you guys see this? MCC on Xbox inside https://youtu.be/Z9hJPfPBGf8. Looks like they tease us big now
GsG91990 wrote:
Did you guys see this? MCC on Xbox inside https://youtu.be/Z9hJPfPBGf8. Looks like they tease us big now
They’re hyping it up now, so it will be a major letdown if it’s not a meaningful announcement.
GsG91990 wrote:
They’re hyping it up now, so it will be a major letdown if it’s not a meaningful announcement.
Maybe Custom Browser on Xbox Inside and PC announcement on SxSW
GsG91990 wrote:
GsG91990 wrote:
Maybe Custom Browser on Xbox Inside and PC announcement on SxSW
Could be, but I’m not sure. I think the custom browser might be too “inside baseball” to promote so prominently.
GsG91990 wrote:
Anything from the video that we are able to decipher? hidden cues?

From quick glance, I don't see anything related to Reach, PC.
I’ll say it right now, MCC is not coming to PC. Even if it was, it wouldn’t be announced here.

343 has given no indication they are planning on doing anything with MCC on PC. Anyone hyping themselves up for it isn’t listening to 343.
343 has acknowledged the want for MCC on PC in the past. They only said it wasn't on the schedule at that time, which was many months ago, around the August update. Nothing has been confirmed, but it sure hasn't been debunked.
Hopefully it means that reach or ODST firefight is coming to mcc. Realistically it means mcc is coming to pc
iiBloxorz wrote:

343 has acknowledged the want for MCC on PC in the past. They only said it wasn't on the schedule at that time, which was many months ago, around the August update. Nothing has been confirmed, but it sure hasn't been debunked.
They even said they would look into it. And with the most recent articles being shown I'm fairly confident the announcement we'll see is MCC coming to PC. I don't see anything else, maybe adding Reach but I doubt it.
MCC going to the PC does absolutely nothing for me. So if it isn't Reach, it'll be a major letdown for me.
MCC going to the PC does absolutely nothing for me. So if it isn't Reach, it'll be a major letdown for me.
It's only a letdown if you overhyped yourself tbh.
From the educated guesses going around the announcement is going to be MCC PC. I've been assuming that they were working on MCC PC in conjunction with the MCC overhaul and getting MCC PC out was likely the real reason they when back and fixed the MCC in the first place. I really hope the announcement is something else like ODST Firefight, Reach, or both of those.
Mine:
  1. MCC is coming to PC. This would be a good test for Halo Infinite. To get those games running well on PC will give 343 a good foothold going forward for Infinite PC launch.
  2. Reach campaign and multiplayer coming to MCC? Less likely. I would personally love if they added Reach to the MCC environment because it would reinvigorate that game's population. I loved Reach multiplayer and I feel like a lot of people did not get a chance to play it fully. Also, they already have ODST on there, so this would give us the whole Bungie set.
  3. ODST/Reach firefight. Halo 5 firefight is great, but it is different from the firefight we had in ODST and Reach. Reach's in particular is deeper and better for coop play. It deserves a retouch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3