1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I don't have too much to say about most of this, except...

(Clarifying real quick that I'm a community volunteer for the forums, not a 343i employee or otherwise someone paid by the company.)

Hasko5401 wrote:
And now they were forced to work on it again
"Forced" isn't a good word to use here. AAA game development -- and I'm focusing specifically on the job of making the products, not on publishing or marketing or so on, because I know less about those -- is an extremely unforgiving line of work, and many of the skills involved can be transferred to other fields in tech, so generally speaking, it's not a line of work that you stay in unless you have a genuine passion for it. No one at the studio would've wanted to leave a broken game out to rot, and I don't think it's accurate at all to say that they were "forced" to work on MCC, as if they didn't care and didn't want to fix it.
tbh I gotta give 343 credit where its due since they stuck with mcc and consistently update the collection by fixing bugs and/or adding new features I figured after the few years they would just give up and move on to other projects including infinite but no im glad they are sticking to it with MCC giving it the love and support it deserves
While I'll give them their just do for actually fixing the game when many other companies would've gave up on it,I wont praise them for taking 3 and a half years to fix a game that shouldn't have been released in that state.Achievements are still glitched and they hurt alot of there foreign fan base with the multiplayer region lock.
343 does agile the right way now as evidenced by the Insider program. As I said before, the future of Halo is very bright.
Fan and player base has taken a massive drop,so how is the future that bright?
343 does agile the right way now as evidenced by the Insider program. As I said before, the future of Halo is very bright.
First, where’s the proof that Halo has has a player base drop greater than any other franchise that hasn’t released a game more than 3 years?

Second, what part of future don’t you understand? If you feel like the trajectory of MCC isn’t on the upswing you’re not a fan, you’re a troll.
First, where’s the proof that Halo has has a player base drop greater than any other franchise that hasn’t released a game more than 3 years?

Second, what part of future don’t you understand? If you feel like the trajectory of MCC isn’t on the upswing you’re not a fan, you’re a troll.
Halo's player base drop happened with Halo 4, and it was massive. It hasn't recovered. 343 hasn't done anything to show they can recover from the damage they did in H4; it's hard to see them ever returning Halo to its glory days pre-Halo 4 and a significant part of that is their fault.

You are right that the trajectory of the MCC is positive. But I'd say that's more "the future is less bleak than it once was since we'll always have MCC to play" than "the future of 343 is bright". Especially given that we know little about how Infinite will turn out.

Since this fix of mcc by 343 the game has risen only a few spots in the most played games list.Since there's not a population counter I'm assuming population peaks to 15 thousand at most.3 months after halo 4 came out it lost about 90 percent of its playerbase.Halo 5 also doesn't have a population counter so a player count can only be speculated.You cant deny that under 343 the playerbase has dropped significantly.Fixing a game 3 and a half years after release is to little to late for most fans.Nobody is trolling so idk where you came up with that
Again, no one seems to understand what the word future means. Anyone that denies that the current trajectory is good is just rehashing the past and wallowing in their own misery.
Again, no one seems to understand what the word future means. Anyone that denies that the current trajectory is good is just rehashing the past and wallowing in their own misery.
Mcc future might be bright,but halo as a whole doesnt have a bright future imo
Mcc future might be bright,but halo as a whole doesnt have a bright future imo
Not even kidding, Halo will be around longer than Microsoft.
tbh I gotta give 343 credit where its due since they stuck with mcc and consistently update the collection by fixing bugs and/or adding new features I figured after the few years they would just give up and move on to other projects including infinite but no im glad they are sticking to it with MCC giving it the love and support it deserves
Yeah. But it took them 3 and a half years to try and revitalize the community. Hilarious. The game would be alive if they didn't neglect it for so long .
I kinda think they are focusing too much on adding new stuff. There are still a ton of bugs that are known that have not been touched. Also new bugs are showing up. New stuff is really nice but they really need to fix things first.
I kinda think they are focusing too much on adding new stuff. There are still a ton of bugs that are known that have not been touched. Also new bugs are showing up. New stuff is really nice but they really need to fix things first.
what new bugs?
Nope, this game is still broken. Dedicated servers are still absent 5 YEARS LATER because every time they tried to implement them they had issues with them so they got rid of them. One of the main reasons i bought the MCC back in 2014 was SPECIFICALLY for dedicated servers, so I'm not gonna consider this game fixed unless they actually implement dedicated servers.

Maybe you folks in the US don't have as much of a problem, but here in Australia we're still getting the same crappy laggy games we were getting 10 years ago.
T0m00se37 wrote:
Nope, this game is still broken. Dedicated servers are still absent 5 YEARS LATER because every time they tried to implement them they had issues with them so they got rid of them. One of the main reasons i bought the MCC back in 2014 was SPECIFICALLY for dedicated servers, so I'm not gonna consider this game fixed unless they actually implement dedicated servers.

Maybe you folks in the US don't have as much of a problem, but here in Australia we're still getting the same crappy laggy games we were getting 10 years ago.
Dedicated servers are 100% a thing in MCC now and have been since late last year. There is no P2P fallback for matchmaking now unless it's specifically switched over. So far that's only happened once due to a minor issue
They deserve all the justified criticism they get but yes I agree kudos for sticking with it and hopefully continuing to do so, making things right. Which has shifted me from selling my Xbox and hating them to being ready for MCC on PC and cautiously optimistic for Halo 6.
what new bugs?
Halo ce flood carrier forms no longer turn the target red. The drop ships fire from an incorrect location. The load times have become a lot longer to the point where the game actually freezes for a second or two mid level while an area is loading.
Yes. I like to -Yoink- on 343 for what a failure MCC was for so long, but I’m pretty grateful to be playing Halo 1-3 matchmaking in 2019 and finally seeing regular updates. Makes me suspicious though, like what is the motivation behind it all? Are they trying to restore our faith in anticipation for Infinite?
they only work on it now because they are trying to please whats left of the community before infinite comes out. Thats why there was no updates or talk about mcc until when they wanted to announce halo infinite. MCC still isnt fully functional because ranking system doesnt work, playlists are still broken, campaign scoring and timers were made by the staff that have to use safety scissors and because the game hasnt worked properly in 4 years, nobody will care once it is fixed. The only task 343 had was have HCE playable over xboxlive and all the games run at 60 fps. After they got that done, they didnt care anymore because they wanted h5 to be amazing. Now that h5 is more dead than mcc, they are like "oh -Yoink-, fans like the real halo gameplay and not the COD/titanfall ripoff" so they are trying to appeal to us now that they are desperate lol
Suisun wrote:
they only work on it now because they are trying to please whats left of the community before infinite comes out. Thats why there was no updates or talk about mcc until when they wanted to announce halo infinite. MCC still isnt fully functional because ranking system doesnt work, playlists are still broken, campaign scoring and timers were made by the staff that have to use safety scissors and because the game hasnt worked properly in 4 years, nobody will care once it is fixed. The only task 343 had was have HCE playable over xboxlive and all the games run at 60 fps. After they got that done, they didnt care anymore because they wanted h5 to be amazing. Now that h5 is more dead than mcc, they are like "oh -Yoink-, fans like the real halo gameplay and not the COD/titanfall ripoff" so they are trying to appeal to us now that they are desperate lol
As much as I agree with some of your points,your 100 percent wrong on halo 5 having less players then mcc.Halo 5 is like 10 spots or more above mcc on the most played games list
Suisun wrote:
As much as I agree with some of your points,your 100 percent wrong on halo 5 having less players then mcc.Halo 5 is like 10 spots or more above mcc on the most played games list
i admit i am wrong on that. When i checked the microsoft store last, mcc was higher and expected that was a common occurence but checking now and h5 is higher. Still pretty pathetic that h5 is number 28 when its the flagship for the xbox one
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3