1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
tbh I gotta give 343 credit where its due since they stuck with mcc and consistently update the collection by fixing bugs and/or adding new features I figured after the few years they would just give up and move on to other projects including infinite but no im glad they are sticking to it with MCC giving it the love and support it deserves
The updates are consistent now, but we were basically left in the dark for 2 or 3 years. I'm guessing it's because they didn't have it on priority, or even any resources to plan an update until the game was put on GamePass and enhanced for the X. I would have been bummed as hell if you told me back in 2014 that the game wouldn't be near fully functional until 2018, but I guess, also happy that it'll still receive updates in 2019.
WreckonerH wrote:
I don't wanna be that guy but...let's be frank; they didn't fix the game out of the goodness of their heart. There were definitely monetary and marketing incentives to fix it. Not that there is anything wrong with that. At the end of the day they are a business after all. I'm just saying don't make it out more than it is.

They were rushed to make it in the first place to hold people until h5. Then the powers at be forced them to give up on it. And now they were forced to work on it again to hold people until infinite, promote Xbox one x, promote game pass, and salvage the company's rep.

Good for them, sincerely. It was mutually beneficial. But again, don't make it out like it was something more. All that "owing the community" stuff is just pr talk.
I don't think you realize how passionate the 343 devs are about Halo. They love Halo and wanted TMCC to be a great experience just as much as anyone else. To say they stuck with it and fixed it purely from a business standpoint does 343 a disservice. You just might be a sub-par halo fan if this is your actual take.
Suisun wrote:
Suisun wrote:
they only work on it now because they are trying to please whats left of the community before infinite comes out. Thats why there was no updates or talk about mcc until when they wanted to announce halo infinite. MCC still isnt fully functional because ranking system doesnt work, playlists are still broken, campaign scoring and timers were made by the staff that have to use safety scissors and because the game hasnt worked properly in 4 years, nobody will care once it is fixed. The only task 343 had was have HCE playable over xboxlive and all the games run at 60 fps. After they got that done, they didnt care anymore because they wanted h5 to be amazing. Now that h5 is more dead than mcc, they are like "oh -Yoink-, fans like the real halo gameplay and not the COD/titanfall ripoff" so they are trying to appeal to us now that they are desperate lol
As much as I agree with some of your points,your 100 percent wrong on halo 5 having less players then mcc.Halo 5 is like 10 spots or more above mcc on the most played games list
i admit i am wrong on that. When i checked the microsoft store last, mcc was higher and expected that was a common occurence but checking now and h5 is higher. Still pretty pathetic that h5 is number 28 when its the flagship for the xbox one
Highest I recall seeing it was top 15,but halo hasn't been a true flagship for xbox since halo 3.
WreckonerH wrote:
I don't wanna be that guy but...let's be frank; they didn't fix the game out of the goodness of their heart. There were definitely monetary and marketing incentives to fix it. Not that there is anything wrong with that. At the end of the day they are a business after all. I'm just saying don't make it out more than it is.

They were rushed to make it in the first place to hold people until h5. Then the powers at be forced them to give up on it. And now they were forced to work on it again to hold people until infinite, promote Xbox one x, promote game pass, and salvage the company's rep.

Good for them, sincerely. It was mutually beneficial. But again, don't make it out like it was something more. All that "owing the community" stuff is just pr talk.
I don't think you realize how passionate the 343 devs are about Halo. They love Halo and wanted TMCC to be a great experience just as much as anyone else. To say they stuck with it and fixed it purely from a business standpoint does 343 a disservice. You just might be a sub-par halo fan if this is your actual take.
Why did it take them that long to fix it then? And you think it's all passion that fuels them and not some business mixed in there?
WreckonerH wrote:

They love it so much that they fixed it after 3 years and a half.
stckrboy wrote:
T0m00se37 wrote:
Nope, this game is still broken. Dedicated servers are still absent 5 YEARS LATER because every time they tried to implement them they had issues with them so they got rid of them. One of the main reasons i bought the MCC back in 2014 was SPECIFICALLY for dedicated servers, so I'm not gonna consider this game fixed unless they actually implement dedicated servers.

Maybe you folks in the US don't have as much of a problem, but here in Australia we're still getting the same crappy laggy games we were getting 10 years ago.
Dedicated servers are 100% a thing in MCC now and have been since late last year. There is no P2P fallback for matchmaking now unless it's specifically switched over. So far that's only happened once due to a minor issue
Sorry but that's absolutely not true, at least not in Australia. I know a P2P game when i play one. And no its not my connection because Halo is the only game where this is a problem. Still just feels like I'm lucking out whether the game has a good host or not. i haven't played much of MCC in the past few months but I've DEFINITELY experienced a couple P2P games in that time.
T0m00se37 wrote:
Sorry but that's absolutely not true, at least not in Australia. I know a P2P game when i play one.
Doesn't matter what region you are in, there is no P2P fallback enabled in matchmaking right now. This comes directly from 343
WreckonerH wrote:

Why did it take them that long to fix it then? And you think it's all passion that fuels them and not some business mixed in there?
I don't think they always get to make the final decision being under Microsoft. They tried to fix the game initially with no success. I'm guessing Microsoft wanted them to focus on Halo 5 while it was still somewhat popular. So yeah, there are obviously some business politics coming into play, but I still don't think that is on 343. Once Halo 5 was nearing the end of its broader support, it made sense for MS to let 343 go back and fix everything. It's a win-win for everyone regardless. I'm just not interested in holding a grudge anymore and more thankful that it was fixed in the end. The games are timeless and I will be playing them for a long time.
stckrboy wrote:
T0m00se37 wrote:
Sorry but that's absolutely not true, at least not in Australia. I know a P2P game when i play one.
Doesn't matter what region you are in, there is no P2P fallback enabled in matchmaking right now. This comes directly from 343
Yeah they said that in the first year of the games launch too, that the game was on dedicated servers when it in fact was not. I'm not saying I've never played on dedicated servers, there's been some periods of time over the last 5 years where they've definitely been there and I've definitely played on them and the matches have been fantastic and almost lagless. So I can tell the difference between a dedicated server game, and a P2P game.

When the massive update came out this year that would supposedly fix everything, for a while i was actually getting dedicated server games, but it was still hard to find people in matchmaking. In my more recent experiences several months ago, it was now easy to find games, but many of the games were very clearly NOT on dedicated servers. If 12+ shots from my BR don't kill someone, but 4 shots from him kill me, that is not a dedicated server game. And I've still had matches like this as recently as January.
Yes and in the blog posts regarding MCC fixes they explained why dedicated servers weren't always being utilised, as of the August update last year every game is now 100% on dedicated servers. The exception to that is before christmas where they flipped the P2P fallback back on as deds were having issues. You're welcome to disagree, but it doesn't change that deds are used now all the time. There is no P2P available unless all matches are manually switched over.
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1075177915774423040
Quote:
PSA: We’re aware of a potential issue that popped up today that is impacting dedicated server matchmaking in MCC. The team is investigating and p2p fallback is enabled until the issue is resolved.
stckrboy wrote:
Yes and in the blog posts regarding MCC fixes they explained why dedicated servers weren't always being utilised, as of the August update last year every game is now 100% on dedicated servers. The exception to that is before christmas where they flipped the P2P fallback back on as deds were having issues. You're welcome to disagree, but it doesn't change that deds are used now all the time. There is no P2P available unless all matches are manually switched over.
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1075177915774423040
Quote:
PSA: We’re aware of a potential issue that popped up today that is impacting dedicated server matchmaking in MCC. The team is investigating and p2p fallback is enabled until the issue is resolved.
Oh, well if they switched to P2P around Christmas then that makes sense, since it was around late December early January that I remember having really laggy matches. I was not aware they switched over at that time. However I'm certain there was a period of time between August and Christmas where all matches WERE manually switched over to P2P for Australia. I've barely played the game this year, so I don't know whether Dedicated serves are working right now. If you're right and dedicated servers truly are being used for all matches in all regions now, then that's great! Might make me wanna play the game more often. But up until Jan this year I can say for sure they were NOT being used for all matches. Even if they're truly fixed now, I'm disappointed it took 5 years for that to happen.
Yes! Big high five to 343! MCC is becoming the awesome game it was always meant to be and 343's dedication to the community is very admirable. Thank you 343! Halo 2 classic is my favorite game, I play MCC nearly everyday now!
stckrboy wrote:
T0m00se37 wrote:
https://xboxclips.com/T0m00se37/aa451054-6898-4573-b172-eee00fd0cbb6
Yeah... sure... no Peer to peer enabled am i right?
T0m00se37 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
T0m00se37 wrote:
https://xboxclips.com/T0m00se37/aa451054-6898-4573-b172-eee00fd0cbb6Yeah... sure... no Peer to peer enabled am i right?
Yes, you are. Matchmaking is deds
Now let's hope dedicated servers are available at launch with Infinite. When playing Reach, I'm always reminded that oh yeah dedicated servers weren't always around for Halo. Loving Halo 3 right now.
Now let's hope dedicated servers are available at launch with Infinite. When playing Reach, I'm always reminded that oh yeah dedicated servers weren't always around for Halo. Loving Halo 3 right now.
I would hope so
T0m00se37 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
T0m00se37 wrote:
https://xboxclips.com/T0m00se37/aa451054-6898-4573-b172-eee00fd0cbb6Yeah... sure... no Peer to peer enabled am i right?
In the past, we have found cases in logic where non-emergency Peer to Peer fallback happened, but the last logged instance of that was back in Halo 3. These reports are important to us, as we are always looking for new ways the game breaks.

I checked this game history for telemetry from the server verifying the connection and game events, having the timestamp was extremely useful. Thank you. I was able to verify that the clients that remained in session were indeed connected to a dedicated server for the entire duration of the match. What you are seeing here is a combination of a couple bugs. First off, the terminology on the screen for H4 still uses the Peer to Peer language, which we really need to adjust (for H3 as well). Secondly, the game started quickly progressing rounds for some unknown reason, which is the actual bug that is very concerning here.

Latency should not be causing the server to spin rounds like this causing the screen that you see return/load over and over, which looks like a host migration. Im wondering if this is an artifact of another known issue of Forge maps in H4 constantly working on lighting all placed objects dynamically. We are looking into fixing that issue, our other option is to remove all forge maps from H4 that have above a certain count of items, which doesn't seem like a good idea. When looking at the telemetry of the instances of the server actually being affected by this H4 Forge lighting bug, the percentage seems pretty small.

Videos like this are great for us, especially with time stamps, so that we can investigate this stuff.

-Edit: Added 'non emergency' to clarify.
Looks like T0m00se37 is defaulting to US West dedicated servers after failing to match in AU. This occurs because matchmaking defaults to a populated fall back of dedicated servers that actually have active population, where your ping is not terrible (60ms on that game session). However, its a good chance that you have increased packet loss by going across the Pacific.

We are looking to allow players to turn this off, and eternally spin in their region, as we can't seem to please everyone with one solution. There is no ETA on this work.

I still want to know what happened to that server that caused the disconnection of half of the clients.
I'd give 343 credit if they -Yoink- actually fixed the bugs in the game that people want to be fixed like the achievements.
That way when they post rubbish like 'Fixed mission tracking issue so Campaign achievements will unlock much more reliably when resuming after a game update' they won't make themselves into liars.

How about fixing the playlist and campaign achievements that people have been telling you about for the past 4 years.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3