Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Teammates been leaving games more recently

OP LMAO iTs DEATH

Why is there a timed "ban" for multi-player if I'm the only one left in a match? I hate leaving a match with 8 minutes left and me being the only one in, and being punished for it. And I left that game now it keeps happening I guess because it's putting me with teammates that leave more often because I left a 1v4. Neither team wants a 1v4. I'd like to end it for us both and not waste time.
You may quit if you are in the 2nd 50% of your team. Assuming all 4 players connected successfully on your team and quit, you will not receive a penalty for quitting as the last player.

Quote:
If you’ve quit out of a game either intentionally or unintentionally, you will receive a quit ban if you are within the first 50% of players to quit from your team.
The “First 50%” means that if you are in a 4v4, that the first 2 players to quit on your team will receive a quit ban. However, after at least 50% quit, you are free to quit without a ban. There is a caveat where if a player doesn’t connect to the server and does not make it into the game, the automated quit ban service will not see them as ever being a part of the game. In that situation, the first 2 players to manually quit on that team will receive the ban.
Source

Edit:
Here is some additional info, although I can't find a confirmed date of when/if it was implemented.

Quote:
For the 4v2/4v1 scenarios, once enabled, those who are on a team where nobody has quit, but the opposing team still has half or less of its players remaining you will be able to quit without receiving a matchmaking ban.
Source
Why is there a timed "ban" for multi-player if I'm the only one left in a match? I hate leaving a match with 8 minutes left and me being the only one in, and being punished for it. And I left that game now it keeps happening I guess because it's putting me with teammates that leave more often because I left a 1v4. Neither team wants a 1v4. I'd like to end it for us both and not waste time.
Just need a reliable team tbh, Sounds like a snarky comment but it's the truth. Never trust MCC randos for the sole purpose of being either too sensitive with mild jokes or they have clearly never played a FPS before lol
Yep. It seems to have got worse since the ban-hammer rules were changed.

I don’t think there is an easy answer, but if perpetual offenders were moved to a “detention” server where they play with other “likeminded” individuals for a set timeframe, maybe that would help?
For me I havent even noticed a decrease in quitters. I don't really like how strict the quit banning is but I at least thought it would lessen the quitting.
Not seen as many quitters but I have noticed more afk players lately and then people quitting because of the afk team ruining it for the rest of us. Still no clue why 343i don't enforce afk bans.
ronnie42 wrote:
Not seen as many quitters but I have noticed more afk players lately and then people quitting because of the afk team ruining it for the rest of us. Still no clue why 343i don't enforce afk bans.
It's a pretty reasonable assumption that players being who they are were simply gonna go afk if they weren't able to quit.

They should have had a AFK system in place BEFORE or at the very least the same time as the new quit ban system. I remember many people on here AND Reddit bringing this up before the update.
ronnie42 wrote:
It's a pretty reasonable assumption that players being who they are were simply gonna go afk if they weren't able to quit.

They should have had a AFK system in place BEFORE or at the very least the same time as the new quit ban system. I remember many people on here AND Reddit bringing this up before the update.
There's always a way to quit...either dashboard or turn console off so they have no excuses for not being able to quit. There's supposed to be a system in place that checks if player is away before starting the next match and the only way to avoid this if the person is on purpose moving the control so they can get into the next game then on purpose going afk with no intent of playing.

What Halo MCC needs is a timer in game similar to Halo 5 where it detects movement of player and kicks player from online after being afk for a certain amount of time then punish the player with the same penalties for quitting but I think the punishment times for afk players should be a lot higher if they are on purpose going afk the entire match then reloading matchs with the intend to keep going afk.
There will probably always be quitters in this game. Which is one of the reasons why I stopped relying on letting the AI pick my teammates for me and decided to step it up a notch and pick my own teammates before I play in any game. Now I almost never have to deal with this crap ever again.

Having fun with friends makes the whole experience just so much better.
It's literally people with

1. Xbox crashing

2. Worried about their KD if they're doin terrible.

3. Jus leavin cuz they're not doin great.
TormentHCS wrote:
It's literally people with

1. Xbox crashing

2. Worried about their KD if they're doin terrible.

3. Jus leavin cuz they're not doin great.
Let's not forget:
game session loading with a partial team against a full (3v4, 2,4)

and if they don't leave they go AFK