Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Temporarily Banned from Matchmaking?

OP SavvyHobgoblin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
I have quit a few recent games and the next day when I log into the game it says I am banned for 3 days, my question is do we not get a warning anymore saying if we keep quitting we will be banned? Halo 5 did the same thing to me with Warzone I was banned for 2 weeks but I never quit.
You must’ve quit way more than a few games, stop quitting
You must’ve quit way more than a few games, stop quitting
As mentioned, I only quit a few games.
I have quit a few recent games and the next day when I log into the game it says I am banned for 3 days, my question is do we not get a warning anymore saying if we keep quitting we will be banned? Halo 5 did the same thing to me with Warzone I was banned for 2 weeks but I never quit.
The thing is why should anyone get a warning before being banned? If people find out quit x amount of games you'll get banned people would still quit until the warning pops. It's really easy to not get banned, play the game(s) you want or a game specific playlist and don't quit.
The thing is why should anyone get a warning before being banned? If people find out quit x amount of games you'll get banned people would still quit until the warning pops. It's really easy to not get banned, play the game(s) you want or a game specific playlist and don't quit.
It was either MCC or Halo 5 that had a warning saying if you quit a few more games you will be banned, also sometimes in MCC I randomly get lagged out or it will say out of no where Game Over for me then it takes me to the menu but only shows my gamertag. That would also count as quitting, Even when I pick the games I want the same problem still happens.
Nope, no warning.
If you don't want to get banned for quitting, as the reply above says, stop quitting.
End thread
In H5 you could be temp banned for pretty much everything. AFK'ing, betraying, suiciding, etc. so it's possible you may have never got a quit ban. In MCC I'm positive the only type of temp ban is from quitting.
MegaYeti wrote:
Nope, no warning.
If you don't want to get banned for quitting, as the reply above says, stop quitting.
End thread
As I mentioned twice now, I have only quit a FEW times. A ban for three days is rather harsh for quitting about 4-5 games. So no the thread isn't over.
MegaYeti wrote:
Nope, no warning.
End thread
As I mentioned twice now, I have only quit a FEW times. A ban for three days is rather harsh for quitting about 4-5 games. So no the thread isn't over.
if you read the blog posts, 343i said that they have metrics that track quitters.
The ban is not automatic.
They have to manually enact it.

So you must've quit enough times for the system to notify 343i, and for them to look at it and say "Yep, this guys is quitting too much - temporary ban"

So there you have it, you quit too many times. They've explained it in recent blog posts throughout September and October.
It does warn you. Every time you go to quit. It says if you quit, you can be banned. You literally have to click quit and then you have to accept that warning. It's not an instant quit. You are warned. You should be banned. If you quit, you're accepting being banned. If that upsets you and makes you not want to play, that is okay. It will keep you from affecting the experience of your team mates who are left out numbered.
You quit = Ban.
It does warn you. Every time you go to quit. It says if you quit, you can be banned. You literally have to click quit and then you have to accept that warning. It's not an instant quit. You are warned. You should be banned. If you quit, you're accepting being banned. If that upsets you and makes you not want to play, that is okay. It will keep you from affecting the experience of your team mates who are left out numbered.
You quit = Ban.
Not what I meant, before you selected a playlist a message would of shown up saying "You have quit too many games further quitting will result in a ban"
You quit = Ban.
Not what I meant, before you selected a playlist a message would of shown up saying "You have quit too many games further quitting will result in a ban"
Do you really need them to hold your hand that much?
I think the original message should suffice.
Especially since it's not an auto-ban.
I've quite more than 4-5 games (I have no excuses, I am a jerk. I did space them out though, typically only once or twice every few days) since the update dropped and I didn't get a matchmaking ban. So clearly you've quite way more than 4-5.
You do know right before you quit, the menu will remind you that quitting may get you banned, and potentially get bad rep from other players (if they report you for quitting).

If you want to know where your warning is - it's right there just before you confirm to leave the game early.
If you get banned in MCC or even H5 it seems you definitely earned it and have been quitting quite often. I have quit games and havent had a ban in a really long time. I make sure it's a rare case when I do quit. Just play the game and stop quitting so often.
MegaYeti wrote:
Nope, no warning.
End thread
Bruh. Quitting four or five games? You have ruined four or five games for others. I can understand quitting one or MAYBE even two. We all have quit a game.

The ban was rightfully deserved. I do feel bad you can't play for three days; that does suck. But honestly you did it to yourself. Lesson learned I hope!
Here's hoping that between the quit penalties and posts like this getting a little exposure, quitting will be reduced and everyone's game experience will keep improving.
Here's hoping that between the quit penalties and posts like this getting a little exposure, quitting will be reduced and everyone's game experience will keep improving.
Exactly.

The good news here is that the OP has now learned what is and isn't acceptable.
It's up to him/her to decide how to use that information.
MegaYeti wrote:
Nope, no warning.
End thread
So how are you looking at this?

Are those 4-5 quits in one days time? A week's time? 5 months time? Ever since the mcc was out?

I don't know how the mcc is setup, but some games don't reset on bans, meaning if you've quit over 50 games in the past but quit your 4-5 this week/day W/E it was, it'll take the past into consideration on your length. Which is what I'm going with cause multiple days is a lot to be banned for only 4-5 games as you're proclaming.
First offense temp bans are 3 days. Second offense is 1 week. Third offense is 1 month. Fourth offense is 1 year. Fifth offense is a lifetime ban. Yikes! Good thing Halloween is around the corner bc those bans are scary.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6