Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Temporarily Banned from Matchmaking?

OP SavvyHobgoblin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
OP play on a alt account so you can play with friends. You don’t have to eat the ban an wait 3 days.
Or how about just suck it up and understand that by quitting you’re acting like a jerk?
Is he not supposed to play what he paid for? I know work arounds lol but I don’t quit
Except by quitting out of the game, you're ruining the experience for anywhere from three to fifteen other people who also bought the game.

Buying a game doesn't mean you suddenly get to do whatever you want with it. Especially when other players who also spent money on it are involved.
Some game modes are stupid like h3 ar spawns period. They are not fun.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
OP play on a alt account so you can play with friends. You don’t have to eat the ban an wait 3 days.
Or how about just suck it up and understand that by quitting you’re acting like a jerk?
Is he not supposed to play what he paid for? I know work arounds lol but I don’t quit
Except by quitting out of the game, you're ruining the experience for anywhere from three to fifteen other people who also bought the game.

Buying a game doesn't mean you suddenly get to do whatever you want with it. Especially when other players who also spent money on it are involved.
Too bad. Other people do enjoy them and should be allowed to play them. Everyone has stuff they don't like but that doesn't mean they are allowed to just quit the game. Quitting is for when an emergency pops up or something happens that causes you to have to leave the game early, such as work. It's not a mechanic that allows you to avoid what you don't want to play, that's why there's penalties in place to make people avoid doing that.
If you have kids, a career where you're on call, or have obligations in your life that will frequently and sporadically come up to where you have to quit, then Halo isn't the game for you. It's the only game I play that still uses something like this and, for years, have noticed they do not care about those who can't sit and play for hours on end, and I highly doubt they'll suddenly change for people like us. That's why, even though I try to play Halo 5 nightly for an hour or 2, I end up only playing a couple matches before just turning the whole thing off. I don't quit nearly as often anymore (idiot teammates, weird connections/laggy lobbies, teammates being AFK or, literally, running to the enemy side to get killed on purpose or them just messing up their own team on purpose) but the amount of games I play have dwindled drastically. But that's my case. I've been playing other FPS games instead. One where I don't have to worry if I suddenly have to leave a match a few seconds after it starts outside of my own stats.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:

Too bad. Other people do enjoy them and should be allowed to play them. Everyone has stuff they don't like but that doesn't mean they are allowed to just quit the game. Quitting is for when an emergency pops up or something happens that causes you to have to leave the game early, such as work. It's not a mechanic that allows you to avoid what you don't want to play, that's why there's penalties in place to make people avoid doing that.
With the match composer I won’t uave to worry about getting h3 at all which will stop about do quitting. Do I quit often not really.
IDX Rider wrote:
If you have kids, a career where you're on call, or have obligations in your life that will frequently and sporadically come up to where you have to quit, then Halo isn't the game for you. It's the only game I play that still uses something like this and, for years, have noticed they do not care about those who can't sit and play for hours on end, and I highly doubt they'll suddenly change for people like us. That's why, even though I try to play Halo 5 nightly for an hour or 2, I end up only playing a couple matches before just turning the whole thing off. I don't quit nearly as often anymore (idiot teammates, weird connections/laggy lobbies, teammates being AFK or, literally, running to the enemy side to get killed on purpose or them just messing up their own team on purpose) but the amount of games I play have dwindled drastically. But that's my case. I've been playing other FPS games instead. One where I don't have to worry if I suddenly have to leave a match a few seconds after it starts outside of my own stats.
The quit ban is very forgiving. I have heard this excuse a lot. It's quite simple really. Don't start a game if you know you can finish it. Some seem to think if you quit once you are banned for days, it's not like that at all. I play quite often, I have quit here and there and haven't received a ban in years. It definitely seems to be the players who earn bands, especially ones that are for days, as bands get longer and longer the more you quit, earn them.
IDX Rider wrote:
This is very valid.

But the fact remains that if you quit (for whatever reason), the game-play experience of your teammates is degraded.
If you quit multiple times in a night, and that behavior happens almost every time you play (or often enough), that's when the bans happen.

Quitting out once in a while because - life - won't result in a ban.
Chances are, from your description, you shouldn't get a ban.
AshamanND wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
This is very valid.

But the fact remains that if you quit (for whatever reason), the game-play experience of your teammates is degraded.
If you quit multiple times in a night, and that behavior happens almost every time you play (or often enough), that's when the bans happen.

I can't even remember the last time I got banned myself honestly lol. But it's the fact that this is in place is what turns me off. I don't know exactly how long I can game from start to finish. It may be a few minutes, or it may be 20. It's the idea that if something comes up that needs my attention that I have to quit for is the problem. I'd much rather play a different competitive game, whether it's FPS or something else, over Halo just because Halo is the only game I've played that has a system like this in place. That, or the amount of times to quit before getting banned is higher than it is in Halo because I've never even gotten a notice about me getting banned due to quiting a match. But it is what it is and most likely will never change.
IDX Rider wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
This is very valid.

I can't even remember the last time I got banned myself honestly lol. But it's the fact that this is in place is what turns me off. I don't know exactly how long I can game from start to finish. It may be a few minutes, or it may be 20. It's the idea that if something comes up that needs my attention that I have to quit for is the problem. I'd much rather play a different competitive game, whether it's FPS or something else, over Halo just because Halo is the only game I've played that has a system like this in place. That, or the amount of times to quit before getting banned is higher than it is in Halo because I've never even gotten a notice about me getting banned due to quiting a match. But it is what it is and most likely will never change.
While it seems like you are a genuinely nice guy, I'm glad you aren't playing much Halo.
Because I wouldn't want you on my team, and quitting out of the match.

Sorry.

Unless you wanted to play customs or something else, that would be great!
AshamanND wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
This is very valid.

While it seems like you are a genuinely nice guy, I'm glad you aren't playing much Halo.
Because I wouldn't want you on my team, and quitting out of the match.

Sorry.

Unless you wanted to play customs or something else, that would be great!
Lol I don't really care. I've outgrown the need for approval from complete strangers lol. I'm impatient enough already (even in fighting games. If I'm in a lobby with more than 3 people and end up losing, I'll find another because I don't feel like waiting potentially 10-15 minutes before being able to play again) so that's why I sometimes just turn off Halo 5 just because I'm usually waiting for something a little too long for my taste. I don't play customs either, but not because I just don't like it (Halo 3 was the last time I played customs on a heavy basis) but I just don't feel a reason why or even inspired trying making a map, letting alone playing a custom game. I blame Halo Reach on that one because I tried and Forge was just too difficult for me to try to relearn things compared to Halo 3 and because my buddies thought the same, we just never really did customs from that point. But we were just doing goofy stuff, like getting out of The Pit in Halo 3 or just super-jumping in Halo 2 (trying to get on top of the X-building. That was awesome the first time I did it lol)

But for what it's worth, if I'm playing with someone that isn't someone I've been playing with for years already or if you're someone I don't know in person, then I'll finish a match compared to quitting in the middle of it because it's not just me playing solo like I normally do. My mics on mute the majority of the time as well but that's more on the lines of "I don't appreciate when people are making noises so I'm not gonna be that guy either" kinda thing.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:

Do what I do, don't queue where you're going to find games you don't find fun. I'm not keen on objective based games, so I don't queue for them. I prefer slayer, if I can queue for that I do, if not, I don't bother.
Don't quit...but if you're gonna quit, have a few backup accounts on hand. i'm pretty sure you can still have multiple XBL accounts running off one gold subscription. I have 4, for wife and friends. Simply log on to another account, or create one if necessary. I know drawing crazy king and oddball 10 straight games on team arena can be overwhelmingly fun and sometimes you have to quit to avoid a fun overload. Just have backup accounts lol. Cheers
Wow dude. Just wow.

So the whims of just one person are enough to justify wasting the time of 7 other people? That’s incredibly rude.

When you enter that playlist you are basically saying, “I agree to anything in this playlist. No matter what. Because I don’t have the friends to set up a custom game of exactly what I want to play.” It’s an agreement we all make with each other when we enter a playlist.

Then you just say screw you to 7 other people? Classy.
ouch....feeling a little tender???? I don't quit, but if the OP wants to quit that's fine. When you enter a playlist you are basically saying, "i agree to anything on the playlist, but if i decide i don't want to play i can quit with the potential of being banned." It's an agreement we all make with each other when we enter a playlist (you know, due to the quit option.) If he quits his way to a ban, there are other options.
Don't quit...but if you're gonna quit, have a few backup accounts on hand. i'm pretty sure you can still have multiple XBL accounts running off one gold subscription. I have 4, for wife and friends. Simply log on to another account, or create one if necessary. I know drawing crazy king and oddball 10 straight games on team arena can be overwhelmingly fun and sometimes you have to quit to avoid a fun overload. Just have backup accounts lol. Cheers
Wow dude. Just wow.

So the whims of just one person are enough to justify wasting the time of 7 other people? That’s incredibly rude.

When you enter that playlist you are basically saying, “I agree to anything in this playlist. No matter what. Because I don’t have the friends to set up a custom game of exactly what I want to play.” It’s an agreement we all make with each other when we enter a playlist.

Then you just say screw you to 7 other people? Classy.
ouch....feeling a little tender???? I don't quit, but if the OP wants to quit that's fine. When you enter a playlist you are basically saying, "i agree to anything on the playlist, but if i decide i don't want to play i can quit with the potential of being banned." It's an agreement we all make with each other when we enter a playlist (you know, due to the quit option.) If he quits his way to a ban, there are other options.
Would you also like me to stand still so you can piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining?

No.

Its not fine that people quit. It sucks. And the fact that people can just switch to an alt account makes it a rampant problem.
eviltedi wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:

Do what I do, don't queue where you're going to find games you don't find fun. I'm not keen on objective based games, so I don't queue for them. I prefer slayer, if I can queue for that I do, if not, I don't bother.
I love slayer but AR and smg spawns blow so hard they are not fun at all. I’m surprised they still exist.
eviltedi wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:

This.

Or just play the game and understand that by quitting, you’re ruining the game for someone else who does enjoy the game/map/game mode. Why do you get special treatment because it’s something you don’t like versus what other people like? If you complain about quitting, don’t do it yourself otherwise you’re a hypocrite. Sometimes you just have to play something different that maybe you don’t like.
IDX Rider wrote:
If you have kids, a career where you're on call, or have obligations in your life that will frequently and sporadically come up to where you have to quit, then Halo isn't the game for you.
In regards to matchmaking, yes, unfortunately.
Quote:
It's the only game I play that still uses something like this and, for years, have noticed they do not care about those who can't sit and play for hours on end,
Except, no game in matchmaking lasts hours on end (assuming you don't get someone who exploits a glitch in Halo 2) and you get the opportunity to save and quit campaign games. LASO is true to your statement, partially, since you really can't save and quit anymore.
Quote:
and I highly doubt they'll suddenly change for people like us.
You don't need hours on end to play a game, though...
Quote:
That's why, even though I try to play Halo 5 nightly for an hour or 2, I end up only playing a couple matches before just turning the whole thing off.
So, you do have hours on end to play games, then, eh? :P
Quote:
I don't quit nearly as often anymore (idiot teammates, weird connections/laggy lobbies, teammates being AFK or, literally, running to the enemy side to get killed on purpose or them just messing up their own team on purpose) but the amount of games I play have dwindled drastically. But that's my case. I've been playing other FPS games instead. One where I don't have to worry if I suddenly have to leave a match a few seconds after it starts outside of my own stats.
Same, it's called getting older, unfortunately. However, matchmaking games really don't last that long. I'm curious to know what FPSes you are playing that last shorter than five minutes, assuming you don't quit or die early in a battle royale game. Don't take this the wrong way, I actually want to know which games you are playing besides Halo in the FPS genre that have MM games that end earlier than 10ish minutes.
Don't quit. The other guys on your team are having an awful experience because of you. I report every quiter I encounter and I am very happy to hear that quiters are finally getting banned. With how rampant quiting has become in MCC, I think harsh punishments are in order so we can actually start having proper games again instead of people leaving left and right at the first sign of loosing.
Quitting is useful sometimes. It's very annoying when you are in 4vs1 and the 1 doesn't want to quit.
I have quit a few recent games and the next day when I log into the game it says I am banned for 3 days, my question is do we not get a warning anymore saying if we keep quitting we will be banned? Halo 5 did the same thing to me with Warzone I was banned for 2 weeks but I never quit.
According to your own track history, I mean it's not like everyone here can't view your game history or anything..
You have quit -
3 games on 11/16/2017 in Arena (guess you never play Arena anymore?)
While in Warzone..
You quit
3 games on 9/2/2018
3 games on 9/1/2018
That's 6 games in a row, in less then 2 days.
This doesn't include all the other times you have obviously quit games in Warzone either, which adds up a whole lot.
The more you quit, the longer your bans will be over a long period of time.
After 2 games of quitting, or possibly betraying, you got a 30-5 minute ban. After the 3rd game, you got a 30 minute ban.
4th game...2-3 hour ban. 5th game was probably like 6-12 hours or something, considering you could get in a 6th game then 343 was like "Yea..we're banning you for 3 days".

So, in any retrospect, you getting banned from playing Warzone is completely justified.

Mr Vacha wrote:
First offense temp bans are 3 days. Second offense is 1 week. Third offense is 1 month. Fourth offense is 1 year. Fifth offense is a lifetime ban. Yikes! Good thing Halloween is around the corner bc those bans are scary.
Spoiler:
Show
Where are you getting these results?
1st time you get banned is like 5 minutes at best. if you keep on quitting after this 5 minute ban, you'll get banned for longer periods of time and it'll keep adding up.
I actually managed to get mine added up all the way to 2 weeks, but that's after going through the 1 hour-5 hour bans pretty often. They don't just give you the 2 week ban after you've gotten the 1 hour ban immediately, it takes quite a few bans before that happens.
Nighterlev wrote:
[SNIP]
Mr Vacha wrote:
First offense temp bans are 3 days. Second offense is 1 week. Third offense is 1 month. Fourth offense is 1 year. Fifth offense is a lifetime ban. Yikes! Good thing Halloween is around the corner bc those bans are scary.
Spoiler:
Show
Where are you getting these results?
1st time you get banned is like 5 minutes at best. if you keep on quitting after this 5 minute ban, you'll get banned for longer periods of time and it'll keep adding up.
I actually managed to get mine added up all the way to 2 weeks, but that's after going through the 1 hour-5 hour bans pretty often. They don't just give you the 2 week ban after you've gotten the 1 hour ban immediately, it takes quite a few bans before that happens.
You didn't read the spoiler, did you?
I have quit sometimes, but for me it's a rare case.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6