Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Temporarily Banned from Matchmaking?

OP SavvyHobgoblin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
I would also like to call out that Custom Games should still be available for most people who have been banned. Being banned from matchmaking does not prevent you from playing with other like minded individuals, in Custom Games you can invite people who want to play on the map you want to, and the game that you want to.

Additionally, most standard bans peak at a 24 hour ban, after which a player can return to matchmaking.
Yeah maybe the sensitivity of the banhammer shoild
be adjusted..... 2 or 3 quits for ban to kick in. 2 for warning to pop up......(would be more fair and a lag out would not punish you)
Customs are fun sometimes....... I generally don’t do customs
Perhaps it is too sensitive. Lets chat about it, why do you feel that quitting once and getting a 10 minute ban is too harsh?

If you are the first person to exit, you have just impacted several others because of your decision. If they stay in, then the team with more people have to work harder to find adversaries to score (unless its an game that isn't won via kills), and the team with less players will have less combined firepower. If you quit with 5 minutes remaining, most probably you have impacted 7 other people, which would equate to 35 minutes of time playing the game not in the way it was designed to be played. You are only punished 10 minutes with the ban. One might say that all the other people are not a single person, and its just 5 minutes. That's prioritizing your time over others, which is easy to do, but Im not going to get all philosophical on that topic. I mean, how many of us drive with others on the road, some parallels to that could be seen here, except not everyone is driving a 2 ton death machine.... then again... maybe they are.
H5 is strict but doesn’t ban you over one quit its more like 2 or 3. And h5 also has a system to punish the first quitter more than the other guys on the team which got screwed by the first guy. The other guys won’t get a penalty. Penalise the first guy but don’t force the others to deal with a spawn trap and they will get a ban if they want to get a ban if they want out of that spawn trap. The first guy should get a warning after one quit. Than get hit at the 2nd. Would that be reasonable? If the system was refined so if you have a lag out you wouldn’t be screwed that would be nice not everyone has a steller connection. A instant 10 min for 1 quit is like blanketing everyone under the umbrella that everyone is a massive whiter. Not everyone quits most of a quarter of their games. Some do the scumbags but don’t treat everyone like inebriate of them. Take care of them in a different manor.
I understand the case of someone's internet giving out, and feeling robbed of one of their daily low time out bans. However, we couldn't do it based on people's network bandwidth, as people could pretty easily fake that. The extent that people go to try to cheat is truly amazing. In the case of the 'loss of internet', then if it happens again, I can't fault the ban system for taking them out. Yes, this is out of their hands, but they are impacting a bunch of other people.

The Halo 5 system, when I play, I still have quitters and in my opinion it is less than ideal. They also have Join in Progress for matches that were made through matchmaking. This isn't something that MCC has built into its matchmaking. As a player, I have always hated joining a game that someone else left, as someone else started to dig a hole and I end up trying to climb out of it.

As for a warning, there is a warning before you choose to exit the game in the first place. I am not certain a warning for every first offense of the day is the right action, as its not really serving as a warning. I don't know that many MP games that allow a mulligan, where your action has an impact on other players. The first ban needs to have a penalty, otherwise people will just use it as a 'freebie' which isn't really solving the problem that many... many people have complained about. It needs to be a decision that the player makes. Essentially asking themselves "Is this match so not worth playing that I want to sit out rather than play it?". Them answering this question with a "Yes" means the other 7 people should be punished because of 1 players action. If they continue not wanting to play, removing them from a system that allows them to impact mass amounts of other people who do want to play seems like the right action, as they do not value other people's time.
Just because some try to cheat it. Not everyone’s goal is to cheat the system. Also why punish the rest of the team into eating the lopsided match?
So why quit at all? Why punish the rest of the team into eating the lopsided match?
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. The number of people disconnecting is far less than the people choosing to quit to cause the same situation that you are commenting on.
I can give you that. It’s a tiny minority that get a D.C., but it can happen. But nobody wants to be spawn killed and if it’s a 3 or 4 v 8 that’s pure hell and I get a 10 min ban if I’m on the 4 team
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
I would also like to call out that Custom Games should still be available for most people who have been banned. Being banned from matchmaking does not prevent you from playing with other like minded individuals, in Custom Games you can invite people who want to play on the map you want to, and the game that you want to.

Additionally, most standard bans peak at a 24 hour ban, after which a player can return to matchmaking.
be adjusted..... 2 or 3 quits for ban to kick in. 2 for warning to pop up......(would be more fair and a lag out would not punish you)
Perhaps it is too sensitive. Lets chat about it, why do you feel that quitting once and getting a 10 minute ban is too harsh?

If you are the first person to exit, you have just impacted several others because of your decision. If they stay in, then the team with more people have to work harder to find adversaries to score (unless its an game that isn't won via kills), and the team with less players will have less combined firepower. If you quit with 5 minutes remaining, most probably you have impacted 7 other people, which would equate to 35 minutes of time playing the game not in the way it was designed to be played. You are only punished 10 minutes with the ban. One might say that all the other people are not a single person, and its just 5 minutes. That's prioritizing your time over others, which is easy to do, but Im not going to get all philosophical on that topic. I mean, how many of us drive with others on the road, some parallels to that could be seen here, except not everyone is driving a 2 ton death machine.... then again... maybe they are.
H5 is strict but doesn’t ban you over one quit its more like 2 or 3. And h5 also has a system to punish the first quitter more than the other guys on the team which got screwed by the first guy. The other guys won’t get a penalty. Penalise the first guy but don’t force the others to deal with a spawn trap and they will get a ban if they want to get a ban if they want out of that spawn trap. The first guy should get a warning after one quit. Than get hit at the 2nd. Would that be reasonable? If the system was refined so if you have a lag out you wouldn’t be screwed that would be nice not everyone has a steller connection. A instant 10 min for 1 quit is like blanketing everyone under the umbrella that everyone is a massive whiter. Not everyone quits most of a quarter of their games. Some do the scumbags but don’t treat everyone like inebriate of them. Take care of them in a different manor.
I understand the case of someone's internet giving out, and feeling robbed of one of their daily low time out bans. However, we couldn't do it based on people's network bandwidth, as people could pretty easily fake that. The extent that people go to try to cheat is truly amazing. In the case of the 'loss of internet', then if it happens again, I can't fault the ban system for taking them out. Yes, this is out of their hands, but they are impacting a bunch of other people.

The Halo 5 system, when I play, I still have quitters and in my opinion it is less than ideal. They also have Join in Progress for matches that were made through matchmaking. This isn't something that MCC has built into its matchmaking. As a player, I have always hated joining a game that someone else left, as someone else started to dig a hole and I end up trying to climb out of it.

As for a warning, there is a warning before you choose to exit the game in the first place. I am not certain a warning for every first offense of the day is the right action, as its not really serving as a warning. I don't know that many MP games that allow a mulligan, where your action has an impact on other players. The first ban needs to have a penalty, otherwise people will just use it as a 'freebie' which isn't really solving the problem that many... many people have complained about. It needs to be a decision that the player makes. Essentially asking themselves "Is this match so not worth playing that I want to sit out rather than play it?". Them answering this question with a "Yes" means the other 7 people should be punished because of 1 players action. If they continue not wanting to play, removing them from a system that allows them to impact mass amounts of other people who do want to play seems like the right action, as they do not value other people's time.
Just because some try to cheat it. Not everyone’s goal is to cheat the system. Also why punish the rest of the team into eating the lopsided match?
So why quit at all? Why punish the rest of the team into eating the lopsided match?
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. The number of people disconnecting is far less than the people choosing to quit to cause the same situation that you are commenting on.
I can give you that. It’s a tiny minority that get a D.C., but it can happen. But nobody wants to be spawn killed and if it’s a 3 or 4 v 8 that’s pure hell and I get a 10 min ban if I’m on the 4 team
If there is a penalty for quitting is stiff enough, then a 4v8 shouldn't happen, unless a split screen player loses internet. That being said, I agree that we should try not to punish the remaining people. Honestly, putting in a forfeit option like other games have would probably be the right solution, however the not punishing the remaining half is probably a fix we can get in sooner than later as it doesn't require UI work, right now the last person on a team does not get penalized for quitting, maybe we can get that expanded. This is not a commitment for either of these resolutions, but I will raise the topics and see if I can get any traction.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:

Spoiler:
Show
[SNIP], right now the last person on a team does not get penalized for quitting, maybe we can get that expanded. This is not a commitment for either of these resolutions, but I will raise the topics and see if I can get any traction.
Why oh why was this not explained way sooner.
God, the number of times I've been in a 1 v 4 match and not quit, taking 30-40 deaths to my 10-15 kills just to avoid a quitting penalty.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:

If there is a penalty for quitting is stiff enough, then a 4v8 shouldn't happen, unless a split screen player loses internet. That being said, I agree that we should try not to punish the remaining people. Honestly, putting in a forfeit option like other games have would probably be the right solution, however the not punishing the remaining half is probably a fix we can get in sooner than later as it doesn't require UI work, right now the last person on a team does not get penalized for quitting, maybe we can get that expanded. This is not a commitment for either of these resolutions, but I will raise the topics and see if I can get any traction.
Thanks I appreciate it
AshamanND wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:

Spoiler:
Show
[SNIP], right now the last person on a team does not get penalized for quitting, maybe we can get that expanded. This is not a commitment for either of these resolutions, but I will raise the topics and see if I can get any traction.
Why oh why was this not explained way sooner.
God, the number of times I've been in a 1 v 4 match and not quit, taking 30-40 deaths to my 10-15 kills just to avoid a quitting penalty.
Sorry, Postums has been working on a Post that answers a lot of these questions. People expect more eloquently phrased things from that gentleman though. His write ups blow mine away.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6