Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Thank you 343i for an amazing winter break!!!

OP f a d e d M4GIC

343i

I want to first and foremost thank you for fixing mcc. I started playing again after a 2 year hiatus this November, after realizing how good the new social matchmaking is and how good the hit detection is on halo 2 c/a and halo 4. This is the halo experience I’ve always wanted and I’ve gotten amazing matches (even in social playlists) that have come down to the wire and ended 50-49. Compared to the original game, the social playlist experience I’ve had is 100x better than the game I played at release:

1. Lightning fast matchmaking times
2. Solid hit detection(even better than battlefield V)
3. Good player base from 10am est - 10pm est
4. Close games
5. Very few disconnects

I own a Nintendo switch, ps4, and Xbox one and MCC is the best game out right now. I think the only thing missing Is a larger player base to make the competitive playlists better and the playable connection hours extend beyond the aforementioned 10-10 east coast peak hours.

i love halo, but a lot of people value the 1-50 halo 2 ranks for some reason... it’s like they forgot everyone level 35+ used standby cheating to get any higher.... so when people log in they expect quick matches, halo 2 classic slayer ranked with be starts , and see it as a progression system rather than a tool to get even matches. So to all reading I ask——
1. please keep playing Mcc. This is the best game on the market right now.
2. Don’t be toxic. Stop yelling at bad players and sending mean messages etc. we have a budding population and it takes time for new players to learn
3. Check out the new social matchmaking if you can’t find a ranked game. ITS LIT
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I wish I could say the same. I get closer and closer to uninstalling this game every time I play it and it gives me one more reminder of how the games are almost nothing like the originals.
Glad you’re liking it :-) I too think that MCC is the best game out in terms of quality, features, and, maybe most importantly, lack of those repulsively disgusting microtransactions. Other game companies have a lot to learn from the team that polished up MCC. And the best part is that the guys working on it are still at it trying to make it even better!
Glad to hear you had a great time! Usually this board is all negativity so it’s refreshing to see a positive post!
Really glad to see such positivity, and glad you enjoy the game - me too!
343i
I think the only thing missing Is a larger player base to make the competitive playlists better and the playable connection hours extend beyond the aforementioned 10-10 east coast peak hours.

i love halo, but a lot of people value the 1-50 halo 2 ranks for some reason... it’s like they forgot everyone level 35+ used standby cheating to get any higher.... so when people log in they expect quick matches, halo 2 classic slayer ranked with be starts , and see it as a progression system rather than a tool to get even matches. So to all reading I ask——
1. please keep playing Mcc. This is the best game on the market right now.
2. Don’t be toxic. Stop yelling at bad players and sending mean messages etc. we have a budding population and it takes time for new players to learn
3. Check out the new social matchmaking if you can’t find a ranked game. ITS LIT
I'm all about growing the player base by what ever means necessary. It's the toxic vibe that turns people off.

There's no doubt - it is lit.
Sounds awesome! Yeah MCC is on point right now with the recent updates. 343i is bringing their A-game lately.
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I wish I could say the same. I get closer and closer to uninstalling this game every time I play it and it gives me one more reminder of how the games are almost nothing like the originals.
What issues are you having with the game at the moment? Please be specific if you can.
I'm mostly happy to be playing the original trilogy again. I played the first four missions co-operatively online with a stranger, and it was simply great. I'll be posting another Looking for Group to try and see if I get lucky again.