Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Thank You Postums, and 343!!!! Double XP again!!!

OP Me Da Uber Pwnr

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!
Now time to grind for the next 17 days!!! You guys are awesome, Happy Holidays, and thank you for adding Reach to the MCC. The 343 teams work is much appreciated, I thank each one of you. Also, I'd like to add I'm very thankful for the progression system! I put in 500 hours on the MCC prior to this, and would be playing either way, with, or without the rank. That being said, it feels so good to get rewarded for time put in! It is a reward for the loyal fans!
Good news indeed, I'm looking forward to netting as much xp as possible. I want my haunted helmet back on my head asap lol.
Good news indeed, I'm looking forward to netting as much xp as possible. I want my haunted helmet back on my head asap lol.
Oh yes! I'm really only in it for the Mark V, the rest I don't really mind. Maybe flaming helmet some days 😁... I want that sweet max rank! That is months, and months, and months, and months away lolzzz
Guess delayed per region, not seeing big numbers yet since the last double xp weekend.
ronnie42 wrote:
Guess delayed per region, not seeing big numbers yet since the last double xp weekend.
Hmm maybe, idk! I'm at work currently, so I'm not seeing any numbers, sadly 😑
Sorry guys but what's even the point in xp here, cosmetics that I personally don't even notice, to show off a pretty badge or just something to do?
And do I need xp for every game or is it combined over them all?
ronnie42 wrote:
Think seeing it now, think mostly the poorly balanced match's were forcing lower exp gaps...the usual afk/quitters ruining my team-score exp again. 'sigh'
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Think seeing it now, think mostly the poorly balanced match's were forcing lower exp gaps...the usual afk/quitters ruining my team-score exp again. 'sigh'
Yeah that can most definitely happen, here's to hoping you get better matches 🤞
CAGOA wrote:
Sorry guys but what's even the point in xp here, cosmetics that I personally don't even notice, to show off a pretty badge or just something to do?
Have you played the MCC any since the release of Reach? It is exactly what the majority has been asking for, something to show for time put in. We can say it's only for cosmetic armor, or a cosmetic rank badge. That is more than we previously had. This will keep us busy until Infinite!
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeah that can most definitely happen, here's to hoping you get better matches 🤞
CAGOA wrote:
Have you played the MCC any since the release of Reach? It is exactly what the majority has been asking for, something to show for time put in. We can say it's only for cosmetic armor, or a cosmetic rank badge. That is more than we previously had. This will keep us busy until Infinite!
I have, had it for a long time but treat it very casually, so casual just completed the original HALO campaign with probably two years between the first level achievement and last so not up to do date with the ranking/levelling system.
Someone mention a flaming helmet though, is that real? If so what I gotta do because it sounds like the one destiny used to give you for completing nightfall back in year one.
CAGOA wrote:
Someone mention a flaming helmet though, is that real? If so what I gotta do because it sounds like the one destiny used to give you for completing nightfall back in year one.
Yes, you can unlock the flaming when you reach the high tiers (tier 80s for Legendary and 100 for Eternal effect), which'll be one hell of a grind if you're dedicated to donning it.
CAGOA wrote:
Yes, you can unlock the flaming when you reach the high tiers (tier 80s for Legendary and 100 for Eternal effect), which'll be one hell of a grind if you're dedicated to donning it.
Is that across all games or a single game or the battlepass thing that's there now?
CAGOA wrote:
CAGOA wrote:
Is that across all games or a single game or the battlepass thing that's there now?
The Flaming helmet is a Helmet that is visible only in Reach, it's a Reach Armor. You can get XP toward your rank, and subsequent Armor unlocks on Reach, through playing Multiplayer in any of the Halos on MCC, CE,H2,H3,HE, or Reach. As long as you are in multiplayer, you get XP. To reach tier 100 of this season, seems to be taking people 90-140 hours of in game play to get. It's not a big grind at all, if that's all you want to go for. I hope that helps, but if you hop on there, it's pretty easy to figure out, once you see how it works visually.
CAGOA wrote:
CAGOA wrote:
The Flaming helmet is a Helmet that is visible only in Reach, it's a Reach Armor. You can get XP toward your rank, and subsequent Armor unlocks on Reach, through playing Multiplayer in any of the Halos on MCC, CE,H2,H3,HE, or Reach. As long as you are in multiplayer, you get XP. To reach tier 100 of this season, seems to be taking people 90-140 hours of in game play to get. It's not a big grind at all, if that's all you want to go for. I hope that helps, but if you hop on there, it's pretty easy to figure out, once you see how it works visually.
Honestly, that is as good a reply could have hoped for, made it very clear thanks bro.
I wasn't a fan of the reach modes on offer in ranked but a flaming freaking helmet, time to get my feet wet, HALO reach let's go.
I'm trying rank up quick and the double XP has been really helping me. Can't wait to have my old armor setup back and the Eternal armor effect that I missed out on back when Bungie gave it out.
So its only Thursday? How is it a double XP weekend? Where did they announce this? On a tweet or something?
BlaZe1514 wrote:
So its only Thursday? How is it a double XP weekend? Where did they announce this? On a tweet or something?
The double XP starts today and ends January 5th. There's a pinned thread where Postums announced it right here
CAGOA wrote:
CAGOA wrote:
CAGOA wrote:
Honestly, that is as good a reply could have hoped for, made it very clear thanks bro.
No problem whatsoever sir! Any other questions you may have, feel free to ask!
Darkday89 wrote:
I'm trying rank up quick and the double XP has been really helping me. Can't wait to have my old armor setup back and the Eternal armor effect that I missed out on back when Bungie gave it out.
It will be sweet, for sure! I can't wait to see what the next season's hold in store! All new stuff, makes me sooooooo freaking pumped!
BlaZe1514 wrote:
Waypoint is a very good place to check often, if you're into Halo, whether news, or just discussing with fellow fans!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2