Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Thanks 343i and Everyone still playing.

OP Enroj

Thanks 343 for staying vigilant, ever trying to improve MCC.

Think about it...even though MCC started out unplayable they stuck with it through all these years. Now we have cross-play among other features we've been asking for.

It still has its problems and always will but I just thank 343 for remaining on board and everyone else that still plays... I hope MCC never dies, games nowadays are all about monetization, nothing like classic Halo will ever be around again.

Taking a break now, burnt myself out with the long double XP grinds. Happy 2021, have a Great Year.
Enroj wrote:

Think about it...even though MCC started out unplayable they stuck with it through all these years. Now we have cross-play among other features we've been asking for.

It still has its problems and always will but I just thank 343 for remaining on board and everyone else that still plays... I hope MCC never dies, games nowadays are all about monetization, nothing like classic Halo will ever be around again.

Taking a break now, burnt myself out with the long double XP grinds. Happy 2021, have a Great Year.
They should have never released it as it was, no excuse and no freebies for them
While it was undoubtedly a mess on its release, I have to give props to 343i for A) not abandoning the game after Halo 5: Guardians and Halo Wars 2 came out, and B) being so ballsy, taking on a project that size and pushing the boundaries. I obviously haven't played every game out there but I don't think anything like Halo: The Master Chief Collection had been attempted before (feel free to correct me on that).
Thanks for updating the game to a playable state several years after launch 343, very cool. I'll (mostly) let it slide that I could hardly access a game I paid full price for until 4 years after launch because at least you're still adding content and updating it.
Enroj wrote:

So many negative people. I’m thankful as well. Was it annoying that this game was left broken for so long? Of course. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be happy that they did update it years later. Better late than never right. 343i could have easily abandoned it all together. Also I think calling it unplayable is overreacting. My main issues were bad hit registration and lack of customization. Honestly if I heard that the OG games were getting their online support cut off 2 years ago I would not have been happy. But now I feel like The MCC has managed to recapture the older games. The new armor and skins actually give it new content.
Enroj wrote:

So many negative people. I’m thankful as well. Was it annoying that this game was left broken for so long? Of course. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be happy that they did update it years later. Better late than never right. 343i could have easily abandoned it all together. Also I think calling it unplayable is overreacting. My main issues were bad hit registration and lack of customization. Honestly if I heard that the OG games were getting their online support cut off 2 years ago I would not have been happy. But now I feel like The MCC has managed to recapture the older games. The new armor and skins actually give it new content.
"I think calling it unplayable is overreacting"

It was literally unplayable at launch, they gave people who played before a certain date ODST for free as an apology for it being unplayable. Finding a game before the big update a few years back was extremely difficult too (not due to a lack of players) and even until quite recently playing outside of NA was terrible with entire lobbies of non-US players being put in the infamous "East US 2" server more often than their local server.
You're welcome. I'm just glad they haven't shut down multiplayer for us who want to play. But there's stuff that just can't be improved
  • Competitive having variety instead of limiting it to 7 playlists. All of which, are pretty sucky.
  • Not enough punishments for those who intentionally quit out early or get booted out.
Kabuskini wrote:
Enroj wrote:

It was literally unplayable at launch, they gave people who played before a certain date ODST for free as an apology for it being unplayable. Finding a game before the big update a few years back was extremely difficult too (not due to a lack of players) and even until quite recently playing outside of NA was terrible with entire lobbies of non-US players being put in the infamous "East US 2" server more often than their local server.
I was not aware that the game was literally unplayable. I got The MCC in 2016 and I was under the impression that it was the same in 2016 as it was at launch. When I played it was definitely playable but it was buggy for sure. I think 2018 is when this game started truly getting fixed. I’m sure some people will claim it’s still not fixed but I haven’t encountered any major issues recently.
H3 feels off to me after the Dec patch, but it was feeling great to play for the first time in a long time prior to that.
I'm 100% sure that fixing MCC was a decision that was made higher up to heavily promote Game Pass on Xbox and PC and to build hype for Infinite.

Looking back at the release state of MCC is just laughable and there is no excuse.
A lot of people hate 343I. I don't hate them nor like them, they did so much bad decisions and messed up so much in the passed, but yet I still have hope that they'll do good. Yeah adding crappy armor makes me upset but it shows that it can be done right with our feedback. 343I if you let us hear what you plan to do and we give you our feedback, I trust Halo can become amazing again. Due to the gaming society we've grown into a developer cant make a game by themselves, cyberpunk 2077 proved that. Halo is a community based game and now more then ever we have to have say and hear what 343I plans to do, but we have to trust them because they're creating the universe we love. I'm happy they're -Yoinking!- up, they learn and can undo stuff they did in MCC. With Infinite all they need to do is show us non spoiler stuff. Gamely and game mechanics, weapons, and especially mulitplayer stuff. Help us build trust and we can help give feedback to further build trust. Simply put it, Halo isn't just made by 343i, its made by Halo fans and 343i.

When -Yoink- hits the fan, thats out the window and that'll be a bridge to burn later.
Kabuskini wrote:
Enroj wrote:

yeah MCC was going to be the deciding factor for me to buy a xbox one, and it was such a bad state (including the xbox dash) that i wanted nothing to do with it.
matchmaking was messed up hard, 4v4 matches would start off as 5v3 at times lmao.

its much better now, although i'm playing on PC.
I am very thankful to see it in its current state and it's only going to get better during 2021 thank you 343! Whole reason I got mcc on launch was because of halo 2. From 2014 to 2019 I didn't play as much because there wasn't much of a reason playing them online but with the ranks and seasonal content I've been more active than ever before since reach was added.
Kabuskini wrote:
Enroj wrote:

I was not aware that the game was literally unplayable. I got The MCC in 2016 and I was under the impression that it was the same in 2016 as it was at launch. When I played it was definitely playable but it was buggy for sure. I think 2018 is when this game started truly getting fixed. I’m sure some people will claim it’s still not fixed but I haven’t encountered any major issues recently.
People aren't exaggerating when they tell you it was completely broken.
Off the top of my head...

For the first 6 months or so the game would randomly crash, and when it did you would have to hard reset your Xbox to get back in. (Hold the power button til it fully powers off.)

Another awful common bug was when you would invite a player and they joined your session, you would see them as being in the session but they wouldn't be. You would have to close the app and restart if this happened in order to attempt inviting/joining again.

Multiplayer didn't work at all during this time. You literally couldn't get into a game, not aggravating stuff like hit reg or connecting to the wrong server. 343 was releasing "hotfixes" every other day or so. Sometimes a hot fix would make it so you could get into a few games, but then it would go back to endlessly restarting the search like the hotfix never happened.

By 2016 the game was fixed. Sure there was bad hit reg, dedicated server issues, no forge maps, etc... But you could launch the game without it freezing your Xbox, find a multiplayer game, invite a friend, not have to worry about campaign or playlist progress resetting, ...
It would go a long way to making og halo players happy if there was a legacy mcc stat page.
As for mccs launch, zoinks Scooby.
Thanks, 343!!!

I've been having a blast with MCC over the years; I'm loving the surprises.
MCC is only getting better and better! :D
I agree thank you. Please try to fix the pistol shot in in Halo CE it is the most important halo game ever and should work as it did on xbox original.
I guess I was lucky. Other than longer search times in the beginning, I have always enjoyed my MCC time.