Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The 3rd Halo 2 Blastacular Map

OP Blackhawk20

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I was reading about the Blastacular Map Pack for Halo 2, and I came across something about how there was originally supposed to be 3 maps rather than just 2, but the 3rd map was scrapped due to time constraints due to the launch of the Halo 3 beta. I was wondering if it would be possible for that to be added to MCC in a future update?
Link?
Huh never knew that. It be cool to add all cut out content to all the games.
There's very little info on that map or how far it got into development. For all we know it could already exist in one of the later games. Unless Certain Affinity supply the original plans, it's probably not going to happen, but it would be cool if it did.
X19Doug95 wrote:
Link?
https://www.halopedia.org/Blastacular_Pack

"The Blastacular map pack was originally slated to include three maps; two remakes and one original map. The map pack's original release date was to be set later in 2007, but Bungie's release date for the Halo 3 Beta ultimately forced Certain Affinity to scale back the map pack to ensure it could release before the Halo 3 Beta and not clash. As a result, the original map design was cut, a decision said by Max Hoberman to be one made for the wrong reasons, as the cut map had potential and was turning out well. The cut map would have been asymmetric and very similar to Zanzibar, focusing on one-flag CTF and other similar gamemodes with lots of dynamic elements, with a major element being a light bridge that could be turned on and off.[2]"

I think Max Hoberman knows multiplayer really well, and the extra map would be nice for Halo 2.
X19Doug95 wrote:
Link?
https://www.halopedia.org/Blastacular_Pack

"The Blastacular map pack was originally slated to include three maps; two remakes and one original map. The map pack's original release date was to be set later in 2007, but Bungie's release date for the Halo 3 Beta ultimately forced Certain Affinity to scale back the map pack to ensure it could release before the Halo 3 Beta and not clash. As a result, the original map design was cut, a decision said by Max Hoberman to be one made for the wrong reasons, as the cut map had potential and was turning out well. The cut map would have been asymmetric and very similar to Zanzibar, focusing on one-flag CTF and other similar gamemodes with lots of dynamic elements, with a major element being a light bridge that could be turned on and off.[2]"

I think Max Hoberman knows multiplayer really well, and the extra map would be nice for Halo 2.
Nice thank you I didn't know
It be nice if they could add that to MCC.
It would be actually nice if they could add that other map to Halo 2 Classic.
What would be really cool is to see that and the H2A version of that map.
I can agree with that and maybe remake some of the other Halo 2 Classic maps for Halo 2 Anniversary, I really want a remake of the map District for Halo 2 Anniversary.
I can agree with that and maybe remake some of the other Halo 2 Classic maps for Halo 2 Anniversary, I really want a remake of the map District for Halo 2 Anniversary.
Yeah, I was really hoping they would finish off the remasters for H2A and do all of the maps, because H2A is honestly the best multiplayer since H2 itself imho. Honestly, I think it would be cool if they created story type dlc for older Halo games, I bet they could likely be done much cheaper than dlc for Halo 5, and there would be alot more enthusiasm for Halo on the whole. I think it would be cool to take advantage of the old engines on new tech and do like a H2:ODST, where they string together and modify the geometry of the earth missions to create a small open-world type of ODST for the "Day at the Beach" ODST's.
Yeah, I was really hoping they would finish off the remasters for H2A and do all of the maps, because H2A is honestly the best multiplayer since H2 itself imho. Honestly, I think it would be cool if they created story type dlc for older Halo games, I bet they could likely be done much cheaper than dlc for Halo 5, and there would be alot more enthusiasm for Halo on the whole. I think it would be cool to take advantage of the old engines on new tech and do like a H2:ODST, where they string together and modify the geometry of the earth missions to create a small open-world type of ODST for the "Day at the Beach" ODST's.
That's probably one of the best ideas I have seen and I can totally agree with that. Did you know that there was a Map Editor for Halo 2 Vista where you could forge your own custom maps. If they could bring that over to MCC, then we could create maps on our own and add story to them, even thought they will be pretty basic compared to what 343i can do. Also it would be really nice if they could port over some of those Halo 2 Vista Maps over to MCC as well.

Here is the video showing the Map Editor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R732hjLVmjg
Scorch27 wrote:
Huh never knew that. It be cool to add all cut out content to all the games.
Indeed. GRD has certainly whet my appetite for cut content restoration.
Wow another h2c map would be awesome. And a forge/ Map editor would be an incredible addition!

Would love more H2A maps too
That's probably one of the best ideas I have seen and I can totally agree with that. Did you know that there was a Map Editor for Halo 2 Vista where you could forge your own custom maps. If they could bring that over to MCC, then we could create maps on our own and add story to them, even thought they will be pretty basic compared to what 343i can do. Also it would be really nice if they could port over some of those Halo 2 Vista Maps over to MCC as well.

Here is the video showing the Map Editor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R732hjLVmjg
I didn't know that, I wish I knew more about map editing and modding in general, all I used to know how to do was add in pre-made mods, it would be really fun to forge H2C if that were somehow possible to add.
And I would think that a H2:ODST add-on would be able to run the H2A engine as well (H2A:ODST?), making the dlc feel more like a modern day Halo game. Idk, I think it would be very fun to push some older games to new limits.
To expand upon my original Halo: Custom Edition maps addition here, adding cut maps would be awesome and so would adding maps from Custom Edition. There's plenty out there and 343 can make them for any game. Whether it's CE, 2c-a, 3, odst, 4, or reach. More content for the 6th year of mcc (7 in Novemeber) that can add a refresher to what we already play (with some stating how repetitive the rotation is).
To expand upon my original Halo: Custom Edition maps addition here, adding cut maps would be awesome and so would adding maps from Custom Edition. There's plenty out there and 343 can make them for any game. Whether it's CE, 2c-a, 3, odst, 4, or reach. More content for the 6th year of mcc (7 in Novemeber) that can add a refresher to what we already play (with some stating how repetitive the rotation is).
I hear the same from other people that the maps tend to be repetitive when playing on matchmade games, so adding more custom maps or even cut content back to these Halo games would make it less repetitive. I would say not just Custom Edition but also from Halo 2 Vista maps as well maps for other Halo game if they exist.
They should add this and the Vista map editor map example, example is small but would be good in 1v1 social play
They should add this and the Vista map editor map example, example is small but would be good in 1v1 social play
I only recently learned about the map Example, and I think that adding it would be a great idea. It is extremely small, but would be great for 1v1------maybe need to remove the Fuel Rod Cannon for 1v1 to really work though.
I only recently learned about the map Example, and I think that adding it would be a great idea. It is extremely small, but would be great for 1v1------maybe need to remove the Fuel Rod Cannon for 1v1 to really work though.
It came along with Halo 2 Vista and the map Example was to show off and test the Map Editor, which would be nice if 343i could port the Map Editor over to MCC along with the Map Example. Also porting some of the Halo 2 Vista Custom maps over as well would be great content for a Future Season Update for Halo 2 Classic. I made a Topic in the treads explaining what I think would be good content to add to Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary. You should go check it out and post what you think on it.

Its named H2A MAPS, FORGE UPDATE, MAP EDITOR AND CUSTOM MAP?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2