Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The announcement of reach was too early.

OP Peave99

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I feel like the announcement of reach and mcc on the pc came a little too earlly. No idea how much work had already been done on the game at this point but given we still have no real time frame for completion and microsofts love for announcing things as they start development I would say the announcement came too soon. I understand they needed to get people for flight testing (mostly on pc). But even with that it could have been announced E3 this year and still no effected there current time frame.

Its the nature of things that they take time. But the hype around this game has pretty much stopped unless people are actively in the halo community. Its great it being added to the mcc! But at the current rate its gonna drop at the same time as the next gen consoles or atleadt within 12 months of halo infinite. Either way it is a shame.

Just my thoughts. Not really a conplaint.
Was it really too early though? I think every Halo game was announced at E3 in the year prior to its release, eg., E3 2006 for a fall 2007 release for Halo 3. Reach isn’t a new game and E3 was reserved for Infinite. If they announced Reach then, the announcement would not have had much of an impact.

I think it was timed quite well considering they’re supposed to add Reach later this year to MCC. Plus, there was not a whole lot of other gaming news going on in late winter / early spring. Announcing it after E3 would have been a little late.
Peave99 wrote:
But at the current rate its gonna drop at the same time as the next gen consoles
Wat..

We've got a decent chunk of 2019 left, the monthly dev blog is getting released within the next couple of days, which is gonna give us an insight into the progress of Reach on MCC. The biggest challenge for them right now, is making sure that the games work on PC considering the Xbox version is a simpler task but no easy thing to achieve.

Reach was, like all other Halo games, announced long before its release and this aint something unusual. I'm betting you only feel it was announced to soon, because you can't wait for it. Heck i can't wait either, im back to being 17 years old again and hyping myself up big time for Reach on MCC. That being said, Reach ISNT a new game in any way so it isn't groundbreaking news either that it is coming, we know what the game sounds, plays and feels like but we're getting an improved version.
Getting Reach to work on Xbox MCC and porting it to PC is a huge undertaking, which requires a proper amount of testing on a large scale (hence the flight tests) to make sure it can launch smoothly, opposite MCC 2014 which was a literal mess.

Announcing it early year helps generate focus and attention towards the project, which in turn also motivates more people to sign up and help 343 accomplish this project.
To be honest I think they simply overestimated how quickly they could get Reach out the door. Flights were on the horizon well before E3, but they had to delay for reasons we're not privy to, so people have had a lot of time to wind down. Ultimately I think that if it comes out in a polished state, those who were excited before will become excited again. Also, a good Reach release should drum up excitement for a good MCC release - the first port of 6 Halo games is bound to be quite nerve-wracking for those making it.
I think the announcement timing is fine considering they stated it would come in 2019. We got a release window of sorts.

BUT


It may have been better if they were able to give a definitive time frame of year and started flighting right away at the announcement. I think that would have sustained momentum of hype longer. I fully expect it to come in November/December and will be pleasantly surprised if it is before.
It's not like Xbox players don't know what to expect from the 9 year old Reach release so I'm kind of 'Meh' about it anyway, the new UI could be cool but again whatever . It's really just seems like 343i trying to keep everyone engaged till infinite.any hype I did have from the March announcement has long since dissapeared with the constant delays and setbacks because they want a PC joint release.

I've got game pass so it will automatically go into my library but once September comes around with all the new and exciting titles releasing . Reach's release or continued delay because of PC dramas will be furtherest thing from my mind, doom eternal from Nov on will have my full undevided attention.
they did it so it gives hope for whats left thats still playing this game I left 6 month ago can't believe I got my friend to play this broken game nothing works in halo 3 with the new servers and bloodshots even in LAN events its broken and my feedback goes no where they just add more playlist updates and I'll feel really bad if they mess up reach.
EU Tripper wrote:
they did it so it gives hope for whats left thats still playing this game I left 6 month ago can't believe I got my friend to play this broken game nothing works in halo 3 with the new servers and bloodshots even in LAN events its broken and my feedback goes no where they just add more playlist updates and I'll feel really bad if they mess up reach.
I agree, the game is still to this day broken, 343 has so much attention split up that they put fixing this game to the back of the prority list. You still have people talking about loading glitch issues from Reclaimer on Halo 4 on MCC. A problem that was noted years ago and yet still no fix. No excuse there in my opinion. The game is now 5 years old and we still have day one bugs on the console. Reach is only going to bring more unfixed issues. Can we please stop focusing on unreleased content and focus on what can be physically played at this moment?
KenniTDG wrote:
Peave99 wrote:
But at the current rate its gonna drop at the same time as the next gen consoles
Wat..

We've got a decent chunk of 2019 left, the monthly dev blog is getting released within the next couple of days, which is gonna give us an insight into the progress of Reach on MCC. The biggest challenge for them right now, is making sure that the games work on PC considering the Xbox version is a simpler task but no easy thing to achieve.

Reach was, like all other Halo games, announced long before its release and this aint something unusual. I'm betting you only feel it was announced to soon, because you can't wait for it. Heck i can't wait either, im back to being 17 years old again and hyping myself up big time for Reach on MCC. That being said, Reach ISNT a new game in any way so it isn't groundbreaking news either that it is coming, we know what the game sounds, plays and feels like but we're getting an improved version.
Getting Reach to work on Xbox MCC and porting it to PC is a huge undertaking, which requires a proper amount of testing on a large scale (hence the flight tests) to make sure it can launch smoothly, opposite MCC 2014 which was a literal mess.

Announcing it early year helps generate focus and attention towards the project, which in turn also motivates more people to sign up and help 343 accomplish this project.
I guess i just want to make sure the game has a fair run with a sustained population before it starts getting fragmented. This year isnt looking great for new games to he fair, but reach coming to mcc ahould boost players for a while. Maybe even get higher numbers that the original launch thanks to games pass and the larger console install base. But it deserves a full year at the least! I understand it will be playable on next gen and the pc version wont have the same limitations in regards to time due to being pc based. But the game on xbox will have a much shorter life than it deserves purly based on the time period it will launch. Any time after september and it has to compete with new games.
Peave99 wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
Peave99 wrote:
But at the current rate its gonna drop at the same time as the next gen consoles
Wat..

We've got a decent chunk of 2019 left, the monthly dev blog is getting released within the next couple of days, which is gonna give us an insight into the progress of Reach on MCC. The biggest challenge for them right now, is making sure that the games work on PC considering the Xbox version is a simpler task but no easy thing to achieve.

Reach was, like all other Halo games, announced long before its release and this aint something unusual. I'm betting you only feel it was announced to soon, because you can't wait for it. Heck i can't wait either, im back to being 17 years old again and hyping myself up big time for Reach on MCC. That being said, Reach ISNT a new game in any way so it isn't groundbreaking news either that it is coming, we know what the game sounds, plays and feels like but we're getting an improved version.
Getting Reach to work on Xbox MCC and porting it to PC is a huge undertaking, which requires a proper amount of testing on a large scale (hence the flight tests) to make sure it can launch smoothly, opposite MCC 2014 which was a literal mess.

Announcing it early year helps generate focus and attention towards the project, which in turn also motivates more people to sign up and help 343 accomplish this project.
I guess i just want to make sure the game has a fair run with a sustained population before it starts getting fragmented. This year isnt looking great for new games to he fair, but reach coming to mcc ahould boost players for a while. Maybe even get higher numbers that the original launch thanks to games pass and the larger console install base. But it deserves a full year at the least! I understand it will be playable on next gen and the pc version wont have the same limitations in regards to time due to being pc based. But the game on xbox will have a much shorter life than it deserves purly based on the time period it will launch. Any time after september and it has to compete with new games.
Shorter life than it deserves, seriously? it's had 9 years already and 2 or so as a back compatability title. Man reach is having a run most games could only dream of.
A lot of announcements are too early imo. There's a halo drought for news, we get news, and then it takes forever to actually get anything... which then goes back to Halo drought, but people are even more antsy.

I used to keep up to date with all news (within minutes of it being posted), share it with friends, but then everything takes so long to actually come to fruition that I even feel bad for sharing the news and getting people's hopes up...

Now I just catch up on news late, on purpose, to make time feel as if it's going by faster... Which it doesn't, because Halo addiction is here to stay and I need me custom games browser now! :D

edit: new blog post says custom game browser is currently temporarily stalled. so rip that too. gosh dangit
I only hope that in the menu lineup, Reach is listed before Halo: Combat Evolved.
I only hope that in the menu lineup, Reach is listed before Halo: Combat Evolved.
Are you worried that you won't be able to find it, if it isn't listed first ?
I only hope that in the menu lineup, Reach is listed before Halo: Combat Evolved.
Are you worried that you won't be able to find it, if it isn't listed first ?
I think he is referring to the fact that Reach was chronologically first and he would like it to be recognized by having it in front of Halo CE in the menu.
I only hope that in the menu lineup, Reach is listed before Halo: Combat Evolved.
Are you worried that you won't be able to find it, if it isn't listed first ?
I think he is referring to the fact that Reach was chronologically first and he would like it to be recognized by having it in front of Halo CE in the menu.
Yep, seems like a pressing and important issue in the Halo UI
I only hope that in the menu lineup, Reach is listed before Halo: Combat Evolved.
I personally think they should be listed in the order that they were released in. I wouldn't want players who are new to Halo starting with Reach as it resonates a lot more after you've played 1-3. Also from a gameplay perspective (and audio/visual if your playing in classic graphics), playing them in order of release date better represents how the series has evolved over time.

That's just my opinion. Maybe they can let us arrange the games in whatever order we want in the main menu? Similar to how you can arrange the order of pins (or whatever they're called now) and certain tiles in the Xbox dashboard.
It is annoying because now we have to wait so long but it does give you a chance when it comes to collecting all the achievements, if your a fan like that. Or ranking
I think he is referring to the fact that Reach was chronologically first and he would like it to be recognized by having it in front of Halo CE in the menu.
Yes, this.

Settle down, Ceramic... I'm sure there are pressing issues (though I find none,) this is only an expressed wish.
jmandude15 wrote:
I personally think they should be listed in the order that they were released in.
That'd be a bit odd, though, as then they would be arranged Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 (and ODST), Halo Reach, then Halo 4. (Also yes, it does bother me that I can't lump Halo 3: ODST in the middle of Halo 2, but I pass it because it's technically a DLC for Halo 3, same engine and all that.)

Quote:
I wouldn't want players who are new to Halo starting with Reach as it resonates a lot more after you've played 1-3.
I personally don't think so. It's difficult to say, as that's how we lived it, but there's no real profound revelation from the game. In fact, it would make it all the more impacting for new players who have no clue that the planet is going to fall. And then sentiments towards Reach in Halo: CE and Halo 3: ODST would make more sense.

Also I'm still waiting on being able to make our own playlists, which was something pitched when the MCC was being made.
I can handle it. I'm a Metroid Prime fan haha
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2