Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Community in This Game is Balls.

OP CrystalMiner500

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Even if I have the patience to wait for the dysfunctional matchmaking to work, some boring--Yoink- map always gets chosen over the goods. Two highlights today include Assembly, one of the most dull and uninspired maps in the Collection, getting chosen over Battle Creek, and Big Team Battle CTF on Blood Gulch losing to... wait for it... District.
DISTRICT.
This isn't even to mention everyone's complete and utter obsession with Halo 3 and disregard for anything that isn't Halo 3.

You know what Microsoft? Might as well make the former games backwards compatible with Xbox One. God knows it'd be better than this hogwash.
I wouldn't say the community is balls, but there is definitely a Halo 3 obsession going on. Just today I was searching in BTB with my friend, and we finally got a game after 20 minutes of waiting and search restarting. The three options were Slayer on Waterworks, CTF on Avalanche, and Slayer on Death Island.
Death.
Island.
This was one of the few times I've seen Waterworks as an option, and the first time ever that Death Island came up for me. Guess what won the vote?

Clearly, something has to be done about the cross-game playlists, as Halo 3 will win nearly every single time (unless Ragnarock is an option). BTB should just be split into two playlists: one for CE, Halo 2, and Anniversary, and another for Halo 3 and 4.
All see my comment about BTB. It's called SPLIT BTB.
But Halo 3 is the best Halo, it should be picked over everything.
But Halo 3 is the best Halo, it should be picked over everything.
Wrong. MCC was made for H2 and H1. Not for H3 and especially not for H4. Don't get me wrong, I pick H3 any day over this garbage H4 but not being able to play H1 BTB or Crazy King on Standoff picked over 1 Flag CTF on Headlong is disappointing and frustrating.

Stop playing MCC, go back to 360.
Even if I have the patience to wait for the dysfunctional matchmaking to work, some boring--Yoink- map always gets chosen over the goods. Two highlights today include Assembly, one of the most dull and uninspired maps in the Collection, getting chosen over Battle Creek, and Big Team Battle CTF on Blood Gulch losing to... wait for it... District.
DISTRICT.
This isn't even to mention everyone's complete and utter obsession with Halo 3 and disregard for anything that isn't Halo 3.

You know what Microsoft? Might as well make the former games backwards compatible with Xbox One. God knows it'd be better than this hogwash.
"Battle Creek"?
DISTRICT.

"Battle Creek"?
Yes. Battle Creek

It's a halo CE map that was later remade in Halo 2 as Beaver Creek.
Okaaay, but Beaver Creek in Halo 2 was called 'Beaver Creek'...
...right.

But the OP never said that the map he was talking about was from HCE or from H2. All he said was that an H3 map was chosen over it.
I'm sorry, but Halo CE sucks -Yoink-. The campaign is brilliant but multiplayer is rubbish...
Well that's a nice opinion you've got there.
I'm sorry but Halo 3 sucks. The campaign is fun but the multiplayer just no.
I wouldn't say the community is balls, but there is definitely a Halo 3 obsession going on. Just today I was searching in BTB with my friend, and we finally got a game after 20 minutes of waiting and search restarting. The three options were Slayer on Waterworks, CTF on Avalanche, and Slayer on Death Island.
Death.
Island.
This was one of the few times I've seen Waterworks as an option, and the first time ever that Death Island came up for me. Guess what won the vote?

Clearly, something has to be done about the cross-game playlists, as Halo 3 will win nearly every single time (unless Ragnarock is an option). BTB should just be split into two playlists: one for CE, Halo 2, and Anniversary, and another for Halo 3 and 4.
Well, it might have been that people chose CTF on Avalanche because it was one of the only times that there was an objective game mode. I don't know how many times I raged because I got another Slayer match instead of an Objective match.
Death.
Island.

Well, it might have been that people chose CTF on Avalanche because it was one of the only times that there was an objective game mode. I don't know how many times I raged because I got another Slayer match instead of an Objective match.
Yeah, Halo used to have a dedicated Objective playlist. Just one would be fine. But not anymore. Because, we need 14 playlist variations of slayer, and maybe if a vote wins in BTB you can get an Objective game type. Classic.
Willko wrote:
...right.

But the OP never said that the map he was talking about was from HCE or from H2. All he said was that an H3 map was chosen over it.
Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear on that. I meant Battle Creek, the Golden Oldie.
I'm sorry, but Halo CE sucks -Yoink-. The campaign is brilliant but multiplayer is rubbish...
Hey, can't go wrong with the classics. I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed CE's multiplayer more than H3's and H2's but the fact that it still holds up today is quite an achievement.
Quote:
I'm sorry but Halo 3 sucks. The campaign is fun but the multiplayer just no.
Say what? H3's the best! I'm just sore that even the most boring maps from Halo 3 get voted over the best of the best from the other games.
Please explain your argument in full detail so I can counter every point that you try to make, after I'm done you will feel foolish for saying such an ignorant statement. I have a feeling that your perspective of Halo 1's multiplayer comes from your lack of understanding of Halo 1 at a fundamental level. I also have a feeling that part of your disdain for Halo 1's multiplayer stems from you feeling alienated by Halo 1's high barrier of entry. If you're basing your statement off of your own experience of playing Halo 1 on the MCC then please realize that Halo 1 on MCC doesn't fully represent the original Halo 1. Halo 1 on MCC gives a false impression to newcomers because it has a ton of bugs compared to the original port. http://www.halobugs.com/
SWAT playlist is awful.

Everyone votes for that trash Halo 4 over H3 or H2. Its annoying. H4 needs to be removed from that playlist ASAP
xxcloud7xx wrote:
Please explain your argument in full detail so I can counter every point that you try to make, after I'm done you will feel foolish for saying such an ignorant statement. I have a feeling that your perspective of Halo 1's multiplayer comes from your lack of understanding of Halo 1 at a fundamental level. I also have a feeling that part of your disdain for Halo 1's multiplayer stems from you feeling alienated by Halo 1's high barrier of entry. If you're basing your statement off of your own experience of playing Halo 1 on the MCC then please realize that Halo 1 on MCC doesn't fully represent the original Halo 1. Halo 1 on MCC gives a false impression to newcomers because it has a ton of bugs compared to the original port. http://www.halobugs.com/
It's your lack of understanding my comment that has made you waffle on about -Yoink-. I'll even quote myself for you so it's clearer..."The campaign is brilliant but multiplayer is rubbish"...I've played Halo 1 extensively, long before 343i had anything to do it. If you took your thumb out your -Yoink- for 1 second before trying to take a cheat shot at someone you just might realize that. You've rambled on about Halo 1 this, Halo 1 that & also about how you think you know me & what I'm feeling, when actually you know jack -Yoink- about me. It also amazed me how you wanted to make me feel foolish, I'm looking forward to that because it's coming right back at you. But I'll entertain you for a moment...

Here goes...

Halo 1's multiplayer is rubbish for so many reasons, like how you float around over the map. The sniper rifle is so unbalance (I shot the guy in the head but the round didn't even hit him). The shotgun is so unbalance (I shot the guy point blank range & the round didn't even hit him). The Warthog or the Ghost just very slightly touches you & you're dead. The bare bones maps. The confusing scoring system screen. The number of people that quit every game. The number of people that betray every game...

Your turn! Make it good...
DISTRICT.

Hey..... What's wrong with District? What do you have against that map?
Halo CEs multiplayer blows 3 out of the water. You actually have a weapon that can kill with 3 shots to the head. That same weapon you can use to counter someone who has a power weapon the sniper or rocket launcher. The AR is actually good to use at close range for once and does damage. I don't know what Cali means about sniper rifle or shotgun blasts not killing you if you get in the head. Plasma guns such as the rifle or pistol cancel your shots if your hit by them. Grenades are actually useful for once and stop you from attacking an enemy if they throw one at you and forced you to take cover. The maps blow Halo 3 out of the water especially with objective game types with the use of multiple portals that take you to different area of the map. CTF isn't nerfed like in Halo 3 where it takes a minute to recover your flag by standing by it but if someone on the other team touches it the bar to recover your flag automatically resets. In Halo CE CTF promotes teamwork to the max since the flag will reset either within 15 seconds if no one else going for the flag touches it or if one of the defenders touches the flag it automatically goes back to the base.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2