Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Legendary Master Chief Saga

OP omarlotrc

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Am I the only one who thinks this mission playlist is ludicrous? If it were a playlist containing the missions from Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 on Legendary difficulty, I would have no problem with it. But it's a LASO playlist spanning the four Halo games. 40 missions, all LASO. That's absolutely crazy to me. What if someone tries to do it, and the mission playlist save file gets corrupted? Imagine what it would be like to do it all over again. It would be a nightmare.

I think the playlist should be modified to have the skulls disabled.
It is quite a risk to take. But there is the master chief saga that has no skulls. I don't get the point of these playlist at all really. The cross game ones are kinda cool where it takes you from one game to another but all the other ones aren't really needed. It would be nice to be able to build your own playlist with whatever missions, settings and skulls you want.
LethalQ wrote:
It is quite a risk to take. But there is the master chief saga that has no skulls. I don't get the point of these playlist at all really. The cross game ones are kinda cool where it takes you from one game to another but all the other ones aren't really needed. It would be nice to be able to build your own playlist with whatever missions, settings and skulls you want.
It's just frustrating for completionists like me who've already beat all the games on LASO. We shouldn't have to do it again, especially when there's no reward for it.

But yeah, it would be cool if we could make our own playlists.
omarlotrc wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
It's just frustrating for completionists like me who've already beat all the games on LASO. We shouldn't have to do it again, especially when there's no reward for it.

I don't get why they just didn't make achievements for them, like best all games on legendary all skulls on...why make a playlist with no reward. All the playlist are just redundant content. Each game playlist is just replaying the campaign stuff over and over.
LethalQ wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

I don't get why they just didn't make achievements for them, like best all games on legendary all skulls on...why make a playlist with no reward. All the playlist are just redundant content. Each game playlist is just replaying the campaign stuff over and over.
That's my point. There are rewards for completing each game's LASO playlist, but there is no reward for completing "The Legendary Master Chief Saga". It's pointless, and it just makes it annoying for people who wanna complete the game 100%.

Also the playlist is called "The Legendary Master Chief Saga", not "The LASO Master Chief Saga". I really don't get what they were thinking.
I actually just finished the playlist today, took me less than a week to complete it really isn’t that bad. Halo 3 and 4 especially can be finished in a day and the tougher missions in Halo 2 have new skips since I got the achievement for example the prison section in gravemind. Other than A LOT of saving and quitting 90% of this playlist is quite easy with only a couple of missions that are going to take you many hours (T&R as an example)
Edit: About what you said with the checkpoint potentially being corrupted, I was paranoid about this too so I completed the playlist as fast as I could and I have other accounts with the checkpoint saved, I still have one at the Epilogue at Halo 4 as well as one on The Maw both within the legendary saga.
Does the playlist count towards your service record for LASO completion (not talking about achievements). Like I completed the individual games playlists on LASO on co-op and it shows in my service record as complete on co-op as I would expect. So if I complete on this playlist on single player, would it count towards my single player LASO service record?
Buckley007 wrote:
Does the playlist count towards your service record for LASO completion (not talking about achievements). Like I completed the individual games playlists on LASO on co-op and it shows in my service record as complete on co-op as I would expect. So if I complete on this playlist on single player, would it count towards my single player LASO service record?
Single player LASO service record? I don’t know what that is but if you can guide me a bit I can check to see
Buckley007 wrote:
Single player LASO service record? I don’t know what that is but if you can guide me a bit I can check to see
Sure, if you go to your service record on waypoint, click MCC, and scroll down to halo campaign completion by game, there will be a picture of the level of difficulty you completed it on. You can look at each game on single player and coop. However, to confirm, you must not have completed one of the laso campaigns in the individual game’s playlists.
I think the entire point of that playlist is to give the craziest among us a serious challenge. So, I don't see an issue with it. Of course I'm never planning on going through it, either. But I've never been the kind to get hung up on bragging rights for LASO in general. I think vanilla Legendary is a healthy challenge by itself.
Buckley007 wrote:
Buckley007 wrote:
Sure, if you go to your service record on waypoint, click MCC, and scroll down to halo campaign completion by game, there will be a picture of the level of difficulty you completed it on. You can look at each game on single player and coop. However, to confirm, you must not have completed one of the laso campaigns in the individual game’s playlists.
I see it, it does. I gave the legendary mc saga checkpoint to a friend who had none of the LASO playlists done and it shows up on his account.
Buckley007 wrote:
Buckley007 wrote:
I see it, it does. I gave the legendary mc saga checkpoint to a friend who had none of the LASO playlists done and it shows up on his account.
Just to confirm, your friend never played the individual games laso playlists on single player and he has that laso completion icon on his single player service record because he beat the legendary master chief playlist?
Buckley007 wrote:
Buckley007 wrote:
Buckley007 wrote:
Just to confirm, your friend never played the individual games laso playlists on single player and he has that laso completion icon on his single player service record because he beat the legendary master chief playlist?
I don’t think I can send links but if you want proof you can search my gamer tag on Xbox and see my feed, some of my friends when they heard that I’d do the playlist asked if I could save the checkpoint at the epilogue for them to get the playlist completion and yes I asked one to check their service record after you told me what you meant and it shows the legendary icon with the 5 skulls on all games but ODST, he hasn't done any of the LASO playlists besides the legendary saga that I shared and it’s there on waypoint.
Buckley007 wrote:
Buckley007 wrote:
Buckley007 wrote:
I don’t think I can send links but if you want proof you can search my gamer tag on Xbox and see my feed, some of my friends when they heard that I’d do the playlist asked if I could save the checkpoint at the epilogue for them to get the playlist completion and yes I asked one to check their service record after you told me what you meant and it shows the legendary icon with the 5 skulls on all games but ODST, he hasn't done any of the LASO playlists besides the legendary saga that I shared and it’s there on waypoint.
Oh nice, thanks!
I think the entire point of that playlist is to give the craziest among us a serious challenge. So, I don't see an issue with it. Of course I'm never planning on going through it, either. But I've never been the kind to get hung up on bragging rights for LASO in general. I think vanilla Legendary is a healthy challenge by itself.
Except many of us have already done it all with the game-specific LASO playlists. It doesn't make sense for us to do it all over again.
I actually just finished the playlist today, took me less than a week to complete it really isn’t that bad. Halo 3 and 4 especially can be finished in a day and the tougher missions in Halo 2 have new skips since I got the achievement for example the prison section in gravemind. Other than A LOT of saving and quitting 90% of this playlist is quite easy with only a couple of missions that are going to take you many hours (T&R as an example)
Edit: About what you said with the checkpoint potentially being corrupted, I was paranoid about this too so I completed the playlist as fast as I could and I have other accounts with the checkpoint saved, I still have one at the Epilogue at Halo 4 as well as one on The Maw both within the legendary saga.
Not everybody knows how to get through LASO with ease. I already beat each game's LASO playlist, and they all drove me to my limit. It's really silly that we have to do it all over again. As LethalQ said, it's redundant.
omarlotrc wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

All you have to do is the regular master chief saga playlist on normal to get the achievement right? So why bother with the legendary playlist?
What?!! Really?? I didnt know the Legendary MC Saga playlist has All Skulls..... Thats BS, I thought it was just on Legendary difficulty and thats it...
omarlotrc wrote:
Except many of us have already done it all with the game-specific LASO playlists. It doesn't make sense for us to do it all over again.
Not everybody knows how to get through LASO with ease. I already beat each game's LASO playlist, and they all drove me to my limit. It's really silly that we have to do it all over again. As LethalQ said, it's redundant.
Look up a tutorial for each individual level, I am telling you 90% of the levels you’ll be able to complete with minimal deaths. Halo Completionist has videos on every level of every game, and GB Austin has a series specifically on Halo 2 LASO that will make the playlist far easier. I know it sounds and looks intimidating but once you actually try it you’ll see what I mean. There are many new tricks you may not be aware of.
LASO is just crazy in general. Never understood why you'd want to play without the HUD.
XFitDaddy wrote:
LASO is just crazy in general. Never understood why you'd want to play without the HUD.
You can get a bit creative and go into a custom game before hand with some tape, and make your own reticle on your screen. You hear a sound of the grenade type you have when you switch and you can look at your shadow or listen to the noise of pulling out your weapon it’s not as much of a hinderance as it sounds.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2