Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] "The Library" vs "Cortana" Legendary.

OP CrazyEliteAlien

Which mission is harder on legendary?

Poll Ended

Which one is harder? For me its definitely Cortana, The flood pure forms are insanely frustrating, especially the ranged form. I can run through the library pretty easily due to all the shotguns and other power weapons wielded by the flood.
The Library is harder. Cortana is easy to speedrun.
Legit cortana harder, speed run library is harder
Cortana is the devil! Would gladly speed run The Library a hundred times than play Cortana. Never really found Library that hard to be honest, once you know to never stop moving haha
Gravegrind
Hmmm, Cortana is easier but just as tedious. The second worst mission throughout the Halo franchise, second to the Library. Narrow linear corridors with a heap of flood stalkers that are the most annoying flood form to date.
Meh, I find the flood in Halo 3 very easy to fight. Just headshot most of them and kill the rest with an energy sword. Cortana is an annoying level because of it's terrible design. They could of made it really spooky and cool but instead they were like. "hey, let's put loads of flood biomass everywhere". This resulted in you getting lost and having to look at the same damn texture all over the place. But it wasn't that difficult.

Library was much harder for me on legendary. I think the flood in general are harder on Halo 1, and easiest on Halo 3.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Which one is harder? For me its definitely Cortana, The flood pure forms are insanely frustrating, especially the ranged form. I can run through the library pretty easily due to all the shotguns and other power weapons wielded by the flood.
Legendary Library runs are MY JAM!!!!
The Library gets stiick but it's a highlight for many that enjoy it's all out almost Doom style action approach. I've always loved it and the idea that it drags I find odd. Cortana has those irratating cuts to Cortana or Gravemind forever interrupting and it truly astounds me why nobody at Bungie thought it a good idea to include them in this way. In any case Halo3 Flood while very good in some sense don't feel as satisfying especially as the gunplay to Halo 3 is less impacting anyway in regrds to weight of shots etc- allmost flat

Library is harder I would say
For me, it's the Library, mainly because the Flood tend to use guns more CE, and the open spaces mean you can potentially get attacked from all sides. Not to mention the fact that Elite forms LOVE playing dead (thank god scoring gives this trick away). The holdout sections are by far the worst part mainly because there's no way to speed them up. Plus, the monotonous visuals make it easy to get lost when playing with old graphics (thank GOD for the Anniversary remaster adding arrows to the floor).

I honestly find Cortana more annoying than hard, mainly because of the confined spaces limiting maneuverability, the overabundance of Pure Forms and the fact that the aesthetics make it hard to navigate. There is one weapon that makes Cortana more tolerable, though, and that's the Brute Shot. If you manage to grab one at the end of The Covenant or during the level itself, you're pretty much set for the entire level. The Brute Shot's melee 1-shots Pure Forms (even with Mythic on) and dismembers Combat Forms pretty well, plus a well-placed shot can knock Ranged Forms off the walls and blow apart several Combat Forms at once. The Brute Shot makes the whole level so much better to play, as long as you know where you're going.
All you have to do on library is sit in corners with a shotgun it's a common misconception that that level is hard
Cortana's way harder as a level, but Library's more monotonous and boring on Legendary.
The Library. Rocket Launcher Flood are very annoying. Even worse, the mission feels very long. Just endless waves of CE Flood, not Halo 3 Flood that are made of paper
Has to be Library due to the fact I know tricks to get passed the flood on Cortana, The Library is me crossing my toes & hope I make it through
Personally I’ve always found The Library to be harder. I don’t find Cortana on Legendary to be that difficult as long as you’re slow. The Library is always hard, specially at the end when you run for the Index and Flood keep popping up. Usually my chance of surviving is 50/50.
Please don't revive old topics thanks