1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. ...
  8. 12
I recently decided to jump on Halo today and my team mates were getting in the way of my shots on purpose like not leaving me alone and when i shot them on accident they jumped off the ledge and i got a betrayal against me and they kept doing it to the point i got booted and i was insta banned for it.

This never used to happen with betrayals so why is this happening now?
You can do this on Narrows simply by having the person you want to be "betrayed" by walk into you, then jumping on the structure under the map. The Halo 2 wraith is basically a CE vehicle so if you touch someone, they get killed. You can also just drive the opposition around in a warthog and if they have to betray you to take you out. The guarantee ban system is easily exploitable with betrayal booting. I've already seen several people doing this kind of stuff before, but most seemed too trigger happy and they themselves got booted.

Even if you kick someone and they get just a 5 minute ban, you've already ruined the rest of the day for them, since who knows what arbitrary amount of time they will get banned for if they quit again
Funny you mention the map Narrows as it was exactly that map it occurred on, they just kept running into me and jumping off the edge
I recently decided to jump on Halo today and my team mates were getting in the way of my shots on purpose like not leaving me alone and when i shot them on accident they jumped off the ledge and i got a betrayal against me and they kept doing it to the point i got booted and i was insta banned for it.

You can do this on Narrows simply by having the person you want to be "betrayed" by walk into you, then jumping on the structure under the map. The Halo 2 wraith is basically a CE vehicle so if you touch someone, they get killed. You can also just drive the opposition around in a warthog and if they have to betray you to take you out. The guarantee ban system is easily exploitable with betrayal booting. I've already seen several people doing this kind of stuff before, but most seemed too trigger happy and they themselves got booted.

Even if you kick someone and they get just a 5 minute ban, you've already ruined the rest of the day for them, since who knows what arbitrary amount of time they will get banned for if they quit again
Funny you mention the map Narrows as it was exactly that map it occurred on, they just kept running into me and jumping off the edge
You can do something similar on standoff. It 100% works
This new ban system is a joke and terribly flawed. People can still manipulate the game to not stay in the current game. You’re telling players “hey sorry three of your teammates quit, but for integrity keep play 4v1 or risk getting banned.”
Implement a better system. Not only do I have to deal with constant lagging out by other players due to your poor servers, but if I choose to not play 4v1 and back out, i then have to be punished for not wanting to waste time in an unfair game.
Instead MAYBE try this....
Set up a system that recognizes repetitive quitting. Once you trigger it after the 3rd or 4th quit in a 12 hour period start instilling the bans. There yah go! You stop punishing players trying to avoid unfair games, or who lag out which your system does not recognize properly.
In short, get a better system, the current one stinks.
Quote:
You’re telling players “hey sorry three of your teammates quit, but for integrity keep play 4v1 or risk getting banned.”
False.

They've stated that the last person on a team, if they choose to quit, will not receive a ban.
They've said they are looking to make changes based on our feedback, and I agree it needs to be relaxed somewhat.
You’re telling players “hey sorry three of your teammates quit, but for integrity keep play 4v1 or risk getting banned.”
No, as the first post explains - if you are the last player in a 4v1 situation, then you can leave without being penalized

You can do something similar on standoff. It 100% works
blackout, snowbound, and highground(not sure if its possible in mcc for highground) have similar glitches where you can trigger a betrayal just by dying in a certain part of the map
So I played four games of Ranked HCE 2v2 tonight, searching alone. In two of them my teammates quit within the first few minutes, leaving me to get pummeled for a good eight or nine minutes; in another, I had a literal toddler making spraying noises with his tongue into the mic while shooting at the floor, at the sky, and at me. Am I really meant to be punished if I quit these matches?
stckrboy wrote:
No, as the first post explains - if you are the last player in a 4v1 situation, then you can leave without being penalized
Well actually that’s not always true because the system won’t recognize it sometimes. It’s not a good system and they need to make the changes faster. This is ridiculous
stckrboy wrote:
Lel, 99% of games on MCC are NOT on dedicated servers. The connections fluctuate by game. It's also probably why DDoSing is so easy/high.
MCC matchmaking runs on dedicated servers 100%
Weird. There's a notification on MCC acknowledging that parties are sometimes split during host migration. How does host migration happen on dedicated servers?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So I played four games of Ranked HCE 2v2 tonight, searching alone. In two of them my teammates quit within the first few minutes, leaving me to get pummeled for a good eight or nine minutes; in another, I had a literal toddler making spraying noises with his tongue into the mic while shooting at the floor, at the sky, and at me. Am I really meant to be punished if I quit these matches?
These are the people that 343i want to appease and cater to. In order for them to have 'fun', you have to suffer - regardless of the X-number of years you've already played and supported Halo. As long as the Xbox Game Pass kids are happy!
Please refrain from posting multiple times in a row, you can edit your posts to add more info and respond to more than one person in a single post.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
I x Lazzy x I,

I agree with the overall sentiment, but even your numbers could be tweaked a little.

I agree that bans in ranked should be more strict.
I also think that the current ban system for social is too strict. But it's not too far off the mark.

1. Once 50% or more of your team has quit, there shouldn't be any penalties.
  2. Honestly, giving people one freebie per day would likely be good enough. If you choose to quit more than that, you are without question adversely affecting your teammates' experience.
Spoiler:
Show
Hello,

I've gone through reading the past 10 pages of existing comments and I want to express some feedback to 343 Industries on here. I, like many of you on here, have been a supporter of Halo since it's first conception and have owned all the titles across multiple platforms. This new ban system is absolutely 100% flawed and is killing what little online population is still out there playing the Halo Masterchief Collection. I will now proceed to list the following problems I feel exist with this new system.

1. Social Games exist for a reason. In the most recent update I believe, one positive change was introduced which created Playlists including: Social Games, Competitive Games, Custom Games, Spartan Ops, Forge & Theater. Boom, perfect. Very helpful, easy to use, solves one problem of getting random maps, game types, titles, etc. Social Games are meant to be played for fun, to relieve stress, and are not meant to be taken seriously. Competitive Games on the other hand are designed for those players who wish to play the game seriously, competitively (to win), utilize teamwork, etc. Two very different players are found in these playlists. Easy Solution: Don't implement a ban for players found in the Social Games Playlist. They are there to have a good time, not a long time, to have fun, and play the game without consequence of a loss, quit or upset match.

2. It's safe to say nobody enjoys getting absolutely destroyed in a match. Countless times have I found myself in a match where it is very clear the opposing team should be playing in the "Competitive Games" Playlist rather than the "Social Games Playlist" or that my team shouldn't even own a copy of the game. Matches where the opposing team is using strategies to win including: callouts, Camo & Overshield possession, constant Power Weapon possession, spawn killing, etc. At no point is anyone enjoying being on a losing team when the enemy team is using these strategies. If a team is inherently dominant over another, to a point where the opposing team is being spawn killed, time after time, losing by 20, but the game continues for another 8 minutes, it creates a poor, unfair experience for the losing team. It isn't even a fair fight at that point. Let alone when now people rather be AFK for the rest of the match than continuously spawn killed or triple teamed by the enemy team. You've prioritized AFK players over those who prefer to quit to get into another game. I'd much rather be down a teammate completely, than have an AFK one get killed 23 times and lose the game for me. Easy Solution 1: Replace AFK players with new players if the AFK player doesn't move within first 1-2 min of a game. Easy Solution 2: Offer a "Surrender" feature the way Rainbow Six Siege offers where if a team is losing substantially, they can veto to surrender and everyone can get into a new game.

3. You are killing an already deteriorating online population in the Halo Masterchief Collection. I can tell you confidently I would rather turn my xbox off entirely rather than spend more time playing this game after getting banned for any amount of time. If you are going to force me and thousands of other players to wait between games because you've incorporated such an idiotic, flawed system that targets players who leave games for any number of reasons such as those expressed in the past 9 pages on this post, I promise you that you are going to single handedly kill the online population of this game. Also, keep in mind Halo 3 for instance is 11 years old and you should be thanking the community for still supporting your company at all and still paying for this great game. Easy Solution: Stop implementing pointless changes and attempting to fix what isn't broken. I can only imagine people managed to complain and whine enough about the few instances when their teammates quit and you felt this was the right approach to take. Boo who, people quit and it's just apart of the game.

In conclusion, although I appreciate you listening to your community and implementing changes, this was an abysmal one to take action on. Stop punishing people for quitting unfairly balanced matches, matches with AFK players, or matches where there's simply no point in staying. I along with many others have quit matches for multiple reasons and whether it be a coincidence my power goes out, the game disconnects me, or I simply hate the map, the ban is unwarranted. I have presented some very easy solutions for you to consider and I strongly recommend you do. I appreciate the new system that bans you after being booted more than once, but this is absurd.

Side note: Please don't make the new Halo trash.

Thank you,
Spoiler:
Show
Hey M1NT N CH1P,

That was a great post, well thought-out and clearly articulated with respect to the devs.
Kudos.

But I do disagree somewhat:

1. Most of you point #1 makes a lot of sense except for this:
    Quote:
    Easy Solution: Don't implement a ban for players found in the Social Games Playlist. They are there to have a good time, not a long time, to have fun, and play the game without consequence of a loss, quit or upset match.
    The problem is that without ANY sort of punishment for quitting - even in social - we go back to the way it was for years. Rampant quitting. Although I think the Match Composer addresses some of the reason for the quitting, it does not fix the 'rage quitters'. People who quit, while their team is still trying to win, hurt their teammates' experience. Period.
    Better to relax the ban criteria in Social than to get rid of it.
    The community BEGGED for a quit ban to be implemented. We got one, albeit a little too strict.
  2. Awesome point - hopefully 'JIP' and 'surrender' can be implemented. In fact, this would solve your point #1. If AFKers were booted, and replaced, this would make a huge difference from balancing teams.
    If people could 'surrender' without penalty, they shouldn't be straight up quitting. If they still chose to quit because the rest of their team didn't want to surrender, we're back to the fact that they hurt their teammates by quitting.
    -Keep the quit ban in for Social, just relax it.
    -Give everyone one freebie per day.
    -If 50% or more of your team has already quit - you should be allowed to quit with no penalty.
  3. Makes sense to me. 343i has already said in one of their very recent news updates that they are planning to alter the quit ban system based on our feedback. If they were to implement my adjusted versions of your #1 and #2 from above, I think it would help your issue #3.
I'm curious to know your thoughts about my thoughts about your thoughts. =P
Cheers mate!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
MoreInfoNeeded can I have my ban that I received tonight removed from my record please?

I played an H2 4v4 Assault game and got booted shortly after the game started. It's linked here. I searched again almost immediately and played with three of those people on the other team from the Assault game, so I'm guessing they also got booted. Now they could've quit although I'll never know, but I'm doubting that and also doubting it was my connection. I do know that I didn't intentionally leave the Assault game. I don't have a screen shot of the game after the Assault one where I played with them because I didn't think I would be banned, but it was an H2 4v4 Slayer game on Foundation and Unyshek was on my team which we played until completion. After the Foundation game, I played again and got Slayer on Lockout which three of my teammates quit out of and then I quit a little later cause it's stated that you don't get banned if you're the last one on your team. That game is linked here. I went to go play another game after that and that's when I received a ban message.

I linked both games since I don't know which one caused it. If it was for the Assault game, the ban would be lagging more than one game behind and I shouldn't have been banned at all if it was because of the Lockout game.
*the fact that this chain exists*. But yes, I got unfairly banned once upon a time. It was BTB, and it was me and two others vs a full team of eight (which could be solved by having a system like CoD where empty spaces can be filled midgame but I digress). Now yes, I'd had to leave prematurely a couple times before then, but the fact that willingly leaving *this* game was counted as a normal leaving is banworthy in and of itself. I've seen others ask for it and so will I... LET MY PEOPLE GO. Just let us leave these games where its 4 or less vs eight people. And although its worst on BTB, this applies to slayer as well, a two vs four battle is also a sinful experience. But, as well as letting us leave these games, adding a matchmaking system allowing people to join games midsession when space is available would be appreciated as well. Very much so.
stckrboy wrote:
Currently, with respect to MCC, if you are the last man standing in your team (for example you are in a 1 vs 4 situation) , you will not be penalized for quitting.
I was definitely just banned for quitting after my teammate quit in a 2v2. Should I wait a few minutes to make sure his quit registers in the system before quitting myself?

edit: nope, teammate quit again, this time I waited over 5 minutes to quit myself, but I was banned again anyway. This is Halo CE 2v2 ranked.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. ...
  8. 12