Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 98
  4. 99
  5. 100
  6. ...
  7. 101
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
For reasons that have not been made clear to me, I have been banned from matchmaking until December 21, 2020, 6:30pm. Tell me why. that is an esoteric date to be sure, but I doubt you guys even know what that means. In the meantime I'm bored, I wanna drive the Warthog for flag carriers, that's all i wanna do.

I got the MCC for PC from Steam. Mackintoke is my Steam account, not my Xbox Live. After your latest update, I go to play some social Halo 3 Flag & Bomb 8v8 and it says I'm banned until December 21, 202, 6:30pm. I didn't do nuthin and this is not an alternate account.

Although, at one point your Halo Waypoint website auto signed me into a defunct Games for Windows LIVE dummy account I was given years ago, and I posted a couple of comments on the forums as that account unwittingly, but that's not my actual Steam account.

Also at one point years ago I had Xbox Live GOLD for my Xbox 360 and my name for my account is also Mackintoke. But I stopped using Xbox after I realized I shouldn't be paying extra money just to play on the internet.

I haven't used my Xbox account for years. I got Steam. I'm assuming this ban is a mistake/glitch. You have not provided any reasons for it, so please unban me immediately.

Also, -Yoink- talking in a video game is not a legitimate reason for a ban.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Mackintoke wrote:
Also, -Yoink- talking in a video game is not a legitimate reason for a ban.
Sounds like you might already know what you did to warrant this ban?

Usually bans this long are because your account has been flagged for sending highly inappropriate messages through the in game text chat.
Wasn't sure where else to come for this, I don't quit often, but I think I quit 1 or 2 matches the night before. Today I just played a rank matched and won, and when it got ready for the next matched it showed a ban that was until 2021, like a full month ban from nowhere. Is there any form of appealing? I've never been banned this long in anything.
Wasn't sure where else to come for this, I don't quit often, but I think I quit 1 or 2 matches the night before. Today I just played a rank matched and won, and when it got ready for the next matched it showed a ban that was until 2021, like a full month ban from nowhere. Is there any form of appealing? I've never been banned this long in anything.
Usually bans this long are because your account has been flagged for sending highly inappropriate messages through the in game text chat.
Ever since the update my chat has been toggled off for all players, or set to squad only. I think that was the default. I don't know what I could have said, seeing as the chat censors pretty much all cusswords of any form.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate or non-constructive content.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
Okay, seriously this ban system is bonkers, the game itself kicks me from a match before it even begins "failed to load march" 2x and then goes "your baned for 1 minute" but it really bans me for 5 minutes
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
Hi, was banned several days ago for 3 months. I opened a ticket trying to figure out why it was such a long ban for just for quitting games, no response. Would really appreciate if someone could get back to me.
Spoiler:
Show
Don't make extra accounts and continue to 'break the rules' to get banned.

Try to resolve your issues, whatever they may be.

I've heard of console bans before, so yeah, don't just keep making new accounts.
Spoiler:
Show
343i bans people given their to this day utterly broken MCC shuts down every 5th game or so, regardless of having either garbage Internet or a gigabit connection even. Honestly, it couldn't get any more unfair and frustrating than this. Their MCC also denies players having a friend at home with his/her own Xbox and tv. A friend of mine has in fact been incapable of joining any games the both of us searched for, having been kicked immediately, while I was in the game. And guess what, he got banned. Over and over again. He lives hundreds of miles away, and visited me for a Halo session. The MCC denied us that pleasure by constantly kicking and banning him. And no, it ain't my router or anything else related to my equipment, because we were perfectly able to play other titles in MP--together--, with the exception of said broken MCC. The only game that shuts down, kicks players for no reason other than being broken, etc. I'm currently aware of, remains to be the MCC, unfortunately.
So I'm gonna get punished for having a bad internet connection? Sounds pretty backwards to me. I was matchmaking on halo:reach, something I haven't done since the original game. It lagged out, the game then announced over and then I was just banned? Is the verdict here seriously that "Oh you have a bad connection? Prepare to be punished. Elitism if I ever did see it.
So I'm gonna get punished for having a bad internet connection? Sounds pretty backwards to me. Is the verdict here seriously that "Oh you have a bad connection? Prepare to be punished. Elitism if I ever did see it.
Sure it sucks, but your bad connection is affecting the game because now your team is down a player.
So I'm gonna get punished for having a bad internet connection? Sounds pretty backwards to me. I was matchmaking on halo:reach, something I haven't done since the original game. It lagged out, the game then announced over and then I was just banned? Is the verdict here seriously that "Oh you have a bad connection? Prepare to be punished. Elitism if I ever did see it.
It's not elitism. When you play matchmaking, the expectation is that everyone in the match will have a normal gaming experience. If your connection is so unstable that you disconnect, you end up disadvantaging your team. If this happens repeatedly then you are continually making a negative experience for other players. While your disconnects may not be intentional, they still negatively affect the people you match with. You should investigated your connection and try to get it more stable before going back to matchmaking. Just like you wouldn't like it if your teammates quit on you, other players don't like it when you quit on them. And even if you're not intentionally quitting, they don't know that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 98
  4. 99
  5. 100
  6. ...
  7. 101