3. 99
  4. 100
  5. 101
  6. 102
  7. 103
  8. ...
  9. 107
Chimera30 wrote:
So I'm gonna get punished for having a bad internet connection? Sounds pretty backwards to me. I was matchmaking on halo:reach, something I haven't done since the original game. It lagged out, the game then announced over and then I was just banned? Is the verdict here seriously that "Oh you have a bad connection? Prepare to be punished. Elitism if I ever did see it.
It's not elitism. When you play matchmaking, the expectation is that everyone in the match will have a normal gaming experience. If your connection is so unstable that you disconnect, you end up disadvantaging your team. If this happens repeatedly then you are continually making a negative experience for other players. While your disconnects may not be intentional, they still negatively affect the people you match with. You should investigated your connection and try to get it more stable before going back to matchmaking. Just like you wouldn't like it if your teammates quit on you, other players don't like it when you quit on them. And even if you're not intentionally quitting, they don't know that.
While I see what you're saying, I still dont think it's fair to punish someone for something out if their realm of control. And many of the DCs are exclusive to MCC.

Also I think intentional quitting might be the least of MCCs worries right now, and maybe the reason WHY people are quitting should be investigated.
How do you find out why you were banned? I have been banned seemingly out of nowhere. I literally just log on almost every day. Sometimes I play with friends, sometimes I play with friends, sometimes I play by myself. No reason was given, just that I'm banned until the 19th. I cannot come up with a reason I would be banned for over a week. I have never been banned before. If its something I did I would like to know so I can attempt to avoid it in the future? If I have to stick out a 2v4 because my teammates all quit so be it if it means not being banned. I need to know why I was banned though.
How do you find out why you were banned? I have been banned seemingly out of nowhere. I literally just log on almost every day. Sometimes I play with friends, sometimes I play with friends, sometimes I play by myself. No reason was given, just that I'm banned until the 19th. I cannot come up with a reason I would be banned for over a week. I have never been banned before. If its something I did I would like to know so I can attempt to avoid it in the future? If I have to stick out a 2v4 because my teammates all quit so be it if it means not being banned. I need to know why I was banned though.
A ban until the 19th? 2-week bans are typically handed out for repeat idling offenses. It's also possible that a ban of this length was issued for abusing the in-game chat (i.e. posting inappropriate or discriminatory messages in the text chat). Even though players can now opt to filter their chats, it doesn't mean you can post anything you want, so still be mindful of what you type in text chat.

It's worth noting that a 2-week ban must be manually applied by Halo's enforcement team, so that means your account was investigated before the ban was applied. You can try submitting a ticket on the support site (support.halowaypoint.com) asking what the nature of your ban was or claim you think the ban was applied erroneously.
Chimera30 wrote:
A ban until the 19th? 2-week bans are typically handed out for repeat idling offenses. It's also possible that a ban of this length was issued for abusing the in-game chat (i.e. posting inappropriate or discriminatory messages in the text chat). Even though players can now opt to filter their chats, it doesn't mean you can post anything you want, so still be mindful of what you type in text chat.

It's worth noting that a 2-week ban must be manually applied by Halo's enforcement team, so that means your account was investigated before the ban was applied. You can try submitting a ticket on the support site (support.halowaypoint.com) asking what the nature of your ban was or claim you think the ban was applied erroneously.
I play on xbox. Literally never used the text chat, and I don't send messages. Never been banned from anything. I also don't idle or quit games regularly. At worst my friends and i kill each other when on large sprees or to prevent each other from a perfection. Hardly seems worthy of a 2 week ban. It doesn't make sense. I submitted a ticket already. How long before they respond typically?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
So I'm gonna get punished for having a bad internet connection? Sounds pretty backwards to me. Is the verdict here seriously that "Oh you have a bad connection? Prepare to be punished. Elitism if I ever did see it.
Sure it sucks, but your bad connection is affecting the game because now your team is down a player.
As far as I know, it is most probably neither his, nor mine, nor anybody else’s fault. I myself have a gigabit Internet connection, connected by a CAT8, rocking a static IPv4, an MTU of 1480, with no package loss—a seemingly flawless connection.
So, how much better/faster do you want my Internet connection to become, given that I already most certainly belong to the top 0,1% of the world in this regard? Furthermore, no other game crashes other than the MCC. No other game punishes this. It is thus neither our fault, nor our bad connection, nor anything like this for that sake—it’s the MCC and the MCC only. As a matter of course, 343i needs to address and fix this as soon as possible.

Besides, 343i should expeditiously dispose of penalties for matches in social playlists, given that players quit, betray, idle, grief—no matter what. There is in fact not ONE single game out of the 2030 I’m able to play in a row without getting a severe headache (given my age, there's nothing to worry about, haha), where this behavior won’t take place. The players concerned either leave right away, or start to betray each other, idle, etc. And if they eventually got what they deserved, getting banned for an hour after having messed up the fifth time or so, they’ll just log in with another account. I’ve seen this dozens and dozens of times—it’s ridiculous! Get rid of bans in social playlists, since they don’t serve any pupose, at least in my book.

What is more, in case the MCC does in fact crash, you’re automatically banned for having done literally nothing, which turns out to become extremely frustrating. Again, this wouldn’t happen at all, if there weren’t penalties in the first place.

Naturally, I totally understand that banning players for any willful misconduct whatsoever in ranked playlists is to remain a main feature within the MCC; however, as previously stated, this doesn’t apply to social playlists.
Fanpaku

I think the solution is to allow for one freebie quit per day, and to get JIP going for social matches.
I can't imagine unintentional disconnects happen super often, so having one freebie per 24 hours would help a lot.

And having JIP would help resolve any unfairness in social games where too many people quit.
AshamanND wrote:
FanpakuI think the solution is to allow for one freebie quit per day, and to get JIP going for social matches.
I can't imagine unintentional disconnects happen super often, so having one freebie per 24 hours would help a lot.

And having JIP would help resolve any unfairness in social games where too many people quit.
JIP is a bandaid and a flimsy one at that. It sounds great from the standpoint of a person in a game where people quit. But from the standpoint of a person searching for a game, getting thrown into a game where your team is down players and behind in score is annoying. Alot of times, JIP leads to games seeing continued quitting because players refuse to be thrown into a match where they are on the disadvantaged team. I think JIP would just lead to a different kind of complaining, moreso than a noticeable resolution to problems associated with quitting.
Chimera30 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
FanpakuI think the solution is to allow for one freebie quit per day, and to get JIP going for social matches.

JIP is a bandaid and a flimsy one at that. It sounds great from the standpoint of a person in a game where people quit. But from the standpoint of a person searching for a game, getting thrown into a game where your team is down players and behind in score is annoying. Alot of times, JIP leads to games seeing continued quitting because players refuse to be thrown into a match where they are on the disadvantaged team. I think JIP would just lead to a different kind of complaining, moreso than a noticeable resolution to problems associated with quitting.
I agree, getting thrown into a 'no-chance' type situation is bad for everyone.
Maybe if there were a cut-off point, something like first 3 mins of a game, or a certain score threshold or something, it could help.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not edit or repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
I got banned for quitting a 4v8 Big Team Assault match. Most of them lagged out before the game even started. How beautiful, I'm so sick of being strong armed into these unbalanced games. It just really starts to make me resent MCC.

Then what am I rewarded with for waiting out the ban, ANOTHER unbalanced match. That is beautiful.

Then what do I get after that? DISCONNECTED MID LOADING SCREEN AND BANNED FOR IT. Holy crap how has no one at 343 experienced this frustrating mess of a matchmaking. Every time I try to get back on MCC, I just instantly get reminded of why I took a break in the first place.

Never in my life did I think this would be the issue killing my desire to play Halo. Forget sprint, forget the MCCs launch, forget Halo 4, MCCs bans and unbalanced teams go hand In hand in creating one of the most frustrating matchmaking experiences for players and it's like no one gives a -Yoink-.

All I want to do, is play some Halo with the bros, but I can't even do that anymore.

Do they just not realize, that players who want to play a game after work, don't wait around waiting for their quit ban to be over no matter how short? They move to another game, because they, get this, want to play a GAME.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
So a player can repeatedly violate the rules and the worst it ever gets is a 10 minute ban? Pretty toothless IMO.
So a player can repeatedly violate the rules and the worst it ever gets is a 10 minute ban? Pretty toothless IMO.
Just wait till your internet craps out or the game crashes and you get banned for it before you can even get in the game mid loading screen just trying to play your favorite franchise of games for fun.

I think it's bad enough already IMO.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
I think it would definitely be worthwhile to implement a re-join feature, similar to how other games like Rocket League do it. That way for accidental DC the player can rejoin and continue playing the same game, also while not getting banned!
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Little bros been having issue with Halo 3 in particular crashing almost every time they try to play it on Matchmaking. Gotta just love how they're then punished for the games faults.

This is the stuff that just really irritates me and I'm so sick of the "no excuses" mentality these bans have. In a social mode no less. I get players are entitled to a fair match (lol even with a full lobby MCCs team balancing is atrocious) but I think above all players are entitled to a good matchmaking experience. Which unfortunately is a struggle.

What's ironic is that the crashes are effecting both the people that the game crashed on, and the people who actually make it in game. So it has negatively effected 2 parties.

At least before when MCC did something goofy you weren't punished for it.

Edit:
So I tried to play today, boy was that a mistake. BTB on Valhalla. Walk out of the base and bada bing bada boom, game crashes and I'm banned for it. Yeah another break from Halo is in order.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 99
  4. 100
  5. 101
  6. 102
  7. 103
  8. ...
  9. 107