Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 101
  4. 102
  5. 103
  6. ...
  7. 104

This post has been hidden.

I have been trying to get into matches in social slayer and have continuously been having connection interruptions (im on university internet, its beyond terrible this semester), but now when I tried to enter a match on Invasion I got kicked immediately (it was for betrayal I think, didn't get to read what it said before I was kicked back to the home screen, only saw "betrayal". even weirder, I didn't betray anyone as I had just entered the match). I don't know why exactly I was kicked, though I suspect it is due to me not successfully getting into a single match, however im not sure why it would say I betrayed anyone.

Hey mods I am new here but I was wondering if you guys knew anything about this. Recently in mcc I have been playing multiplayer for the guilty shot challenge. I am not very good at it but I don't quit the matches. Recently the game will crash as the match is about to start. The problem is that when I log back in it will ban me for a full 24 HOURS! I have found that if I completely reset my xbox I can sometimes fix it but it is getting really annoying. Anything that I can do? Sorry if this was already mentioned.
Is there a way to report forum messages that are sent directly to you?
No, but I guess you could take a screen shot and then send it to a mod if it breaks the rules.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
No, but I guess you could take a screen shot and then send it to a mod if it breaks the rules.
SleepyGoose3651 we're also big fans of the block button, you can block people from messaging you: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/messages/blocked-users
LUKEPOWA wrote:
SleepyGoose3651 we're also big fans of the block button, you can block people from messaging you: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/messages/blocked-users
Already done that. I'm just curious if there's a way to also report messages like topic replies.
So I live in an area with seriously lacking infrastructure. As a result the ban system essentially makes it impossible to play the game. Its the only game I own that has this issue and it honestly makes me feel awful whenever MCC comes up in convo as I'm stuck outside looking in on the game that I bought an xbox one to play.

Can I ever expect a cheaters matchmaking I'd rather play with cheats than not at all. Although the fact I'm punished because of my geographical reality does really really suck if I'm honest.
If anyone can provide some advice as to how I can play the game despite being plagued with bad connection I'd very much like to hear it.
Croll4909 wrote:
Hey mods I am new here but I was wondering if you guys knew anything about this. Recently in mcc I have been playing multiplayer for the guilty shot challenge. I am not very good at it but I don't quit the matches. Recently the game will crash as the match is about to start. The problem is that when I log back in it will ban me for a full 24 HOURS! I have found that if I completely reset my xbox I can sometimes fix it but it is getting really annoying. Anything that I can do? Sorry if this was already mentioned.
I'm having similar issue have been as long as I remember. I install the game and check every so often but no improvements have been made since 2014 for my user experience. I just want to play socials and not get a ban because of server issues. If you received any info I'd appreciate you sharing it. All my other online games work just fine but I want to play halo 😢

Modod wrote:
Croll4909 wrote:
I'm having similar issue have been as long as I remember. I install the game and check every so often but no improvements have been made since 2014 for my user experience. I just want to play socials and not get a ban because of server issues. If you received any info I'd appreciate you sharing it. All my other online games work just fine but I want to play halo 😢
Exactly. It only just started happening recently for me so I thought it was an issue with the last update but I guess not.
Exactly. It only just started happening recently for me so I thought it was an issue with the last update but I guess not.

Well I can't speak to the effect updates have had but this has been my reality with MCC ever since I could actually get a game to work but that was fixed pretty early on. I keep waiting for this to be addressed but no luck thus far. Between that and the doubling up grenades I'm pretty much locked out of mp.
So received no response I take it?
At least guardians worked for me so presumably infinite will also.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 101
  4. 102
  5. 103
  6. ...
  7. 104