2. ...
  3. 104
  4. 105
  5. 106
  6. ...
  7. 107
LethalQ wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
I was banned, is this the right place to ask for help?

Part of the reason is my internet connection has been bad for the last few weeks and i either get kicked or my input is all lagging but I still try to play anyway.

I got a lot of hateful messages, some I've had to report because I brought down the score in the game i guess which i feel bad about but I just wanted to play.

I got banned until 10/29/2552 which is obviously forever, I love this game sooooo much.

Does anyone have any help to provide?

Thank you all for your help and merciful understanding.
Bans until 2552 are not automated and are not handed out for simple lag or disconnects.

They are manually handed out and usually as a result of some really bad behavior - either abusing the game systems or other players.

AshamanND wrote:
So two weeks ago I got banned on mcc till 2552. It says its temporary but 500 years seems perma.
I put my ticket in 16 days a go. i would just like to know why I was banned.
My ticket id #76722
Has anyone had this happen?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/567169229892354064/818169789851500594/FSXHB8w4OZSZbO8bt7bpq90cU.png
That sounds like a manual ban that was applied to you.
Do you play on xbox or PC?
Where did you put in a ticket? I was too! I hope we can get help, I just wanna paly again, I will be super careful in the future if I am allowed back in.
This message you wrote "I will be super careful in the future" makes me wonder: Careful of what?
If you're having disconnect issues, being careful isn't going to change that.
So, I'm wondering if you have an idea of what got you banned already, and it's not disconnects?
Is it possible you responded to some of those 'hateful messages' with some of your own?

In any case, if you think you were wrongly banned, you can file a ticket on the support site, which is at the top of Waypoint "SUPPORT"
Or lazy link: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-usI wish you best of luck.
I thought someone might find that careful in the future” to be concerning. What I meant was if I was experiencing bad internet like we have been I just wouldn’t push it and keep trying to play.

I was also messing around with other players in the match, we were killing ourselves and such, one of those matches... anyway, I updated my ticket. I mean, I scored all three goals a few games prior.

I don’t need understanding or empathy from you guys, forums are usually mean and wasn’t expecting to be kinder to. I just wanted some honest help.

i do appreciate the help with the ticket, Lord-willingly it’ll be looked into soon and appealed! Reach was my favorite on the 360 and I’d be so sad to not be able to play it anymore since they are shutting down the servers.

Anyways, thanks you guys for the help. Just needed direction

oh, and no. Sincerely, I did not respond. They are all still in my “requests” messages tab. No good comes from responding. People don’t want to hear your side, they just want to be mean.
Hmmm ..we were messing around killing ourselves.. in "one" of those matches... I bet it was probably more than one and when they investigated your account and stats and saw all the "disconnects", suicides, betrayals, and probably other misconduct and that got you banned. From my experience here on waypoint the majority of the time, well practically ALL the time, players aren't quite honest about how many times they done something. For example in H5 your game history is listed and many times players will claim they got a long ban for "quitting once" and then you check their game history and it's full of DNF (did not finish)... I am sure it sucks to get such a ban but griefiers and AFKers really ruin it for other players and the population is struggling enough so rules should be enforced even more if they want to keep players around.
relax. I didn’t mean just one. I meant it’s griffball you come across those matches.

I didn’t read past that comment because you’re just being mean.

I asked for help, I said what I knew, nicer people pointed me where to file an appeal and that’s all I needed. I won’t be back to this thread after this comment.

Thank you to those of you who had empathy.
I don't see how I was mean. I repeated exactly what you said and then said what experience on here has been like. Some just can't handle truth.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
I was banned, is this the right place to ask for help?

Part of the reason is my internet connection has been bad for the last few weeks and i either get kicked or my input is all lagging but I still try to play anyway.

I got a lot of hateful messages, some I've had to report because I brought down the score in the game i guess which i feel bad about but I just wanted to play.

I got banned until 10/29/2552 which is obviously forever, I love this game sooooo much.

Does anyone have any help to provide?

Thank you all for your help and merciful understanding.
Bans until 2552 are not automated and are not handed out for simple lag or disconnects.

They are manually handed out and usually as a result of some really bad behavior - either abusing the game systems or other players.

AshamanND wrote:
So two weeks ago I got banned on mcc till 2552. It says its temporary but 500 years seems perma.
I put my ticket in 16 days a go. i would just like to know why I was banned.
My ticket id #76722
Has anyone had this happen?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/567169229892354064/818169789851500594/FSXHB8w4OZSZbO8bt7bpq90cU.png
That sounds like a manual ban that was applied to you.
Do you play on xbox or PC?
Where did you put in a ticket? I was too! I hope we can get help, I just wanna paly again, I will be super careful in the future if I am allowed back in.
This message you wrote "I will be super careful in the future" makes me wonder: Careful of what?
If you're having disconnect issues, being careful isn't going to change that.
So, I'm wondering if you have an idea of what got you banned already, and it's not disconnects?
Is it possible you responded to some of those 'hateful messages' with some of your own?

In any case, if you think you were wrongly banned, you can file a ticket on the support site, which is at the top of Waypoint "SUPPORT"
Or lazy link: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-usI wish you best of luck.
I thought someone might find that careful in the future” to be concerning. What I meant was if I was experiencing bad internet like we have been I just wouldn’t push it and keep trying to play.

I was also messing around with other players in the match, we were killing ourselves and such, one of those matches... anyway, I updated my ticket. I mean, I scored all three goals a few games prior.

I don’t need understanding or empathy from you guys, forums are usually mean and wasn’t expecting to be kinder to. I just wanted some honest help.

i do appreciate the help with the ticket, Lord-willingly it’ll be looked into soon and appealed! Reach was my favorite on the 360 and I’d be so sad to not be able to play it anymore since they are shutting down the servers.

Anyways, thanks you guys for the help. Just needed direction

oh, and no. Sincerely, I did not respond. They are all still in my “requests” messages tab. No good comes from responding. People don’t want to hear your side, they just want to be mean.
Hmmm ..we were messing around killing ourselves.. in "one" of those matches... I bet it was probably more than one and when they investigated your account and stats and saw all the "disconnects", suicides, betrayals, and probably other misconduct and that got you banned. From my experience here on waypoint the majority of the time, well practically ALL the time, players aren't quite honest about how many times they done something. For example in H5 your game history is listed and many times players will claim they got a long ban for "quitting once" and then you check their game history and it's full of DNF (did not finish)... I am sure it sucks to get such a ban but griefiers and AFKers really ruin it for other players and the population is struggling enough so rules should be enforced even more if they want to keep players around.
relax. I didn’t mean just one. I meant it’s griffball you come across those matches.

I didn’t read past that comment because you’re just being mean.

I asked for help, I said what I knew, nicer people pointed me where to file an appeal and that’s all I needed. I won’t be back to this thread after this comment.

Thank you to those of you who had empathy.
I don't see how I was mean. I repeated exactly what you said and then said what experience on here has been like. Some just can't handle truth.
It's okay, man - please don't worry about it! You're good. :)
I'm sorry I made you feel conscious about that you said - I just want to be unbanned.
I don't mind what people think actually happened. I just hope to play again. :)

Thanks for the help, guys!
Really weird to ban people when 25% of their team has already quit. I get the banning quitters thing, but the current balance is leading to a lot of "feels bad man" gaming moments. Nothing more frustrating than being completely outnumbered and the other team just gets to farm your spawn points for kills. Current state of multiplayer is that usually 1 or 2 people quit from an 8v8 match when their team falls behind. Pretty lame for those left behind.
Why do I get banned if I don’t even load into the match?

I get a message every so often saying “Your connection to the game session was interrupted.” (Or something along those lines) before I even load into a match. I never received this message until today. This happened multiple times and then I was banned for a minute. It’s not a long ban, but it’s not fair to ban me if I don’t even get to load into the match.

I get a message every so often saying “Your connection to the game session was interrupted.” (Or something along those lines) before I even load into a match. I never received this message until today. This happened multiple times and then I was banned for a minute. It’s not a long ban, but it’s not fair to ban me if I don’t even get to load into the match.
Bans can occur once a lobby is locked in. This is to prevent people from quitting if they get a map they don’t like (which plenty of people do). It’s also to prevent dodging particular players; this is why the Gamertags don’t appear in the lobby til it’s locked it. People would otherwise quit out of the lobby if they saw a highly skilled player they didn’t like was in the lobby with them.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
Chimera30 wrote:

Bans can occur once a lobby is locked in. This is to prevent people from quitting if they get a map they don’t like (which plenty of people do). It’s also to prevent dodging particular players; this is why the Gamertags don’t appear in the lobby til it’s locked it. People would otherwise quit out of the lobby if they saw a highly skilled player they didn’t like was in the lobby with them.
But at the same time when the lobby is locked in is like prime time when the game crashes or we get the "connections to the blah blah blah was lost". This has been the case for my brothers for months.
I doubt there's an actual ban system for AFK players. I've seen the same AFK players all week, and they're still doing it today.
Lenchy wrote:
I doubt there's an actual ban system for AFK players. I've seen the same AFK players all week, and they're still doing it today.
I had five matches yesterday in ranked Halo 3 slayer where at least one person quit or wasn't playing
Lenchy wrote:
I had five matches yesterday in ranked Halo 3 slayer where at least one person quit or wasn't playing
Yeah the afk detection isn't very good at all.
At this time, you can only leave a match without being banned if half your team has already left. BUT, if people from your team leave before the game begins, and do not show up in the scoreboard when the match begins, you must wait until your team is half of the number of players at match start. For example, BTB, two players leave in the loading screen. Your team starts with 6 players against 8, and the two people that left your team do now show up in the scoreboard. You must wait for your team to be down to 3 players in order to quit without a ban. The number should be half of the MAX team number, not what the match starts with.
Elliott49 wrote:
At this time, you can only leave a match without being banned if half your team has already left. BUT, if people from your team leave before the game begins, and do not show up in the scoreboard when the match begins, you must wait until your team is half of the number of players at match start. For example, BTB, two players leave in the loading screen. Your team starts with 6 players against 8, and the two people that left your team do now show up in the scoreboard. You must wait for your team to be down to 3 players in order to quit without a ban. The number should be half of the MAX team number, not what the match starts with.
Fully agree - I don't think this is a simple fix, but I hope they do it.
Lenchy wrote:
There is a ban. But it doesn't stop anyone because the people that are AFK, are get this, not playing. You can't ban someone who isn't playing and have it be affective lol. Because they aren't playing either way so they don't care.

They're going about this wrong.

I'd much rather have the person quit rather than just feed kills to the enemy team. It's annoying.
Lenchy wrote:
There is a ban. But it doesn't stop anyone because the people that are AFK, are get this, not playing. You can't ban someone who isn't playing and have it be affective lol. Because they aren't playing either way so they don't care.

I'd much rather have the person quit rather than just feed kills to the enemy team. It's annoying.
To stop AFK players, or at least to really deter them they need to make it so you don't gain xp from not playing and better yet make it so you can lose xp as well. While this probably wouldn't stop all of them it would probably stop most of them since the reason for afk players is xp farming.
LethalQ wrote:
Lenchy wrote:

To stop AFK players, or at least to really deter them they need to make it so you don't gain xp from not playing and better yet make it so you can lose xp as well. While this probably wouldn't stop all of them it would probably stop most of them since the reason for afk players is xp farming.
Exactly. They're going after what people are doing, not why they're doing it.
I haven't been banned YET, but I'm honestly anticipating it.

A week ago, my connection dropped mid-match.

Like three days ago, I was about two minutes into a match (Competitive; H3 BR Slayer) when the screen suddenly froze, the audio began glitching/repeating horribly - as in, "Gained the lead" became "gained the leeeeeeeeeeeeeEeEeEeEeE-" Xbox abruptly turns off, kicking me to my TV's blank blue screen.

Just yesterday afternoon, I was playing a Social match (H3 Fiesta Slayer) when the video freeze and audio bork happened again, kicking me back to my Xbox One's main menu.

In both latter cases, I did not have the courage to try playing again right away, for fear of the game/console crashing (again?), so I don't know if either of them resulted in bans. I waited at least two hours before playing again.

(I have also voluntarily quit a couple of Competitive matches, but only after two or all three of my teammates had already quit and left us/me alone against the full enemy team, which I think is okay?)

1. How many more occasions of my game or console suddenly crashing without warning mid-match before I get hit with a major ban? (343i: "You're not allowed to play again until you spend big $$$ to fix your console!")
2. What the hell could be causing this, and how do I stop it?
DKN117 wrote:

Like three days ago, I was about two minutes into a match (Competitive; H3 BR Slayer) when the screen suddenly froze, the audio began glitching/repeating horribly - as in, "Gained the lead" became "gained the leeeeeeeeeeeeeEeEeEeEeE-" Xbox abruptly turns off, kicking me to my TV's blank blue screen.

Just yesterday afternoon, I was playing a Social match (H3 Fiesta Slayer) when the video freeze and audio bork happened again, kicking me back to my Xbox One's main menu.

In both latter cases, I did not have the courage to try playing again right away, for fear of the game/console crashing (again?), so I don't know if either of them resulted in bans. I waited at least two hours before playing again.

(I have also voluntarily quit a couple of Competitive matches, but only after two or all three of my teammates had already quit and left us/me alone against the full enemy team, which I think is okay?)

1. How many more occasions of my game or console suddenly crashing without warning mid-match before I get hit with a major ban? (343i: "You're not allowed to play again until you spend big $$$ to fix your console!")
It's just a glitch that happens. It's been happening non stop for Halo 3 on my brothers Xbox and it's incredibly frustrating. Yes it results in a ban for them.
DKN117 wrote:

Yes that is okay to quit if you have lost 50% of your team.
tuhin94 wrote:
I hope this is not an off-topic post, but I’d like to chime in and say how glad I am a system like this has been implemented. Halo has been needing something like this for a long time. While not every match needs to be sweaty or played with a full fireteam, it gets very frustrating for players who enjoy social matches to regularly be in games with unbalanced teams. Of course, this system should pay dividends for ranked matches as well as quitters are still there.

Now every player has to think hard about whether or not a match is bad enough to quit out of and face the penalties. I hope this encourages players to stick it out and play their best. Who knows, maybe we’ll start seeing a ton of comeback wins.
Still in a social game it doesn't make since because I have like 40%of the time my team leaves
tuhin94 wrote:
I hope this is not an off-topic post, but I’d like to chime in and say how glad I am a system like this has been implemented. Halo has been needing something like this for a long time. While not every match needs to be sweaty or played with a full fireteam, it gets very frustrating for players who enjoy social matches to regularly be in games with unbalanced teams. Of course, this system should pay dividends for ranked matches as well as quitters are still there.

Now every player has to think hard about whether or not a match is bad enough to quit out of and face the penalties. I hope this encourages players to stick it out and play their best. Who knows, maybe we’ll start seeing a ton of comeback wins.
Still in a social game it doesn't make since because I have like 40%of the time my team leaves
You can quit without penalty when half your team quits.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 104
  4. 105
  5. 106
  6. ...
  7. 107