2. ...
  3. 105
  4. 106
  5. 107
  6. ...
  7. 108
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
I hope this is not an off-topic post, but I’d like to chime in and say how glad I am a system like this has been implemented. Halo has been needing something like this for a long time. While not every match needs to be sweaty or played with a full fireteam, it gets very frustrating for players who enjoy social matches to regularly be in games with unbalanced teams. Of course, this system should pay dividends for ranked matches as well as quitters are still there.

Now every player has to think hard about whether or not a match is bad enough to quit out of and face the penalties. I hope this encourages players to stick it out and play their best. Who knows, maybe we’ll start seeing a ton of comeback wins.
Still in a social game it doesn't make since because I have like 40%of the time my team leaves
You can quit without penalty when half your team quits.
Not all the time. For example, after one of the recent updates I noticed crashes and lost connections during loading screens increased like 10 fold especially for Halo 3. If someone lags out during the loading screen they're never considered on your team by the game. The result is that if you quit even if half the team lagged out or crashed you still get banned. I've had this happen multiple times already and it's infuriating.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
I hope this is not an off-topic post, but I’d like to chime in and say how glad I am a system like this has been implemented. Halo has been needing something like this for a long time. While not every match needs to be sweaty or played with a full fireteam, it gets very frustrating for players who enjoy social matches to regularly be in games with unbalanced teams. Of course, this system should pay dividends for ranked matches as well as quitters are still there.

Now every player has to think hard about whether or not a match is bad enough to quit out of and face the penalties. I hope this encourages players to stick it out and play their best. Who knows, maybe we’ll start seeing a ton of comeback wins.
Still in a social game it doesn't make since because I have like 40%of the time my team leaves
You can quit without penalty when half your team quits.
Not all the time. For example, after one of the recent updates I noticed crashes and lost connections during loading screens increased like 10 fold especially for Halo 3. If someone lags out during the loading screen they're never considered on your team by the game. The result is that if you quit even if half the team lagged out or crashed you still get banned. I've had this happen multiple times already and it's infuriating.
you're not wrong, but neither is Tuhin's statement.

It's a problem that needs to be fixed, but the way it currently works is:

If half your team that loaded into the match quits, you can then quit without penalty.
Tuhin's statement wasn't wrong, it just wasn't detailed.

But yeah, that needs to get fixed.
I cant tell if I was banned or not I never got a notification but I just played a game and did go AFK for a bit had to do something but when I got back the game ended, so I went back to the multiplayer menu and hit play but now every time I hit play it just says Searching for Players and then kicks me back to the multiplayer screen. Was I banned or is this game just being its normal buggy self
Geniye7096 wrote:
I cant tell if I was banned or not I never got a notification but I just played a game and did go AFK for a bit had to do something but when I got back the game ended, so I went back to the multiplayer menu and hit play but now every time I hit play it just says Searching for Players and then kicks me back to the multiplayer screen. Was I banned or is this game just being its normal buggy self
Sounds like regular buggy stuff. I would do a hard reset and then relaunch the game.
I've had some connection issues the past few days and got dropped from a few games. Tonight my connection was fine but I backed out of a game when my brother got kicked randomly. I then received a 1 min ban I guess. I never saw the ban, but when he went to start the game he said it stated that a member of the party wasn't allowed to participate in matchmaking.

I guess my question is, is this cumulative? Googling around I'm finding horror stories of people being banned for months. I won't voluntarily quit a match again (didn't know that wasn't allowed), but I can't guarantee Spectrum won't screw me over.
I once reported (with footage) a teammate for sliding trough walls and objects such as the forklift on H3 Rats nest. But i got banned for his actions.
I like winning yes, but on fair conditions only!
This happend 11.09.2012 ( 11 November im from Europe) this is no complain. Yust a statement.
I noticed recently more crashes for halo 3 mainly so feel bad for those who legit lag out due to the games side 😪
I leave parties after a game, but not during, because I like to play with new people each time an mix things up.
I keep getting banned for 10 minutes in between each game and sometimes it’ll kick me from multiplayer and send me to the menu screen.
please help, thanks.
Geniye7096 wrote:
No, its an issue I’ve had since the season 6 update. Once game says connected, get thrown back to the multiplayer select menu. The other day it happened 4 times in a row. Unplugging xbox and plugging back in with a complete reboot seems to be helping it.
My internet connection can be dodgy at times. I usually play ranked but if the internet or servers are playing up, I lose connection to that game. I know how annoying it can be when someone leaves a game, so I reset my router etc and go on to social to see how the game is playing. Sometimes it’ll continue to disconnect from servers mid game, which results in a ban.

My issues here are, I’m on social most of the time when this happens, players are able to join after I lose connection to servers and in an unranked match should I even be receiving a ban? The thread says “the system” observes game play and patterns, which is a complete lie! I can be having the game of my life, lose connection and still receive a ban. People don’t quit when they are winning, it’s clearly a server issue. So “the system” does not observe. The only time I would quit is when someone else drops out and getting thrashed in a 4v3. Most games when they are 4v3 are an automatic win for the other team, therefore I think this should be revised in the first 50% to 25% receiving a quitting strike, assuming they have actually quit.

My ban now stands at 40 minutes due to my internet /server connectivity. Usually while playing social because I understand the pain of 4v3. Can my account please be reviewed and thanks if it is:)
Received a 30 day ban for I don't know what. Admittedly, I've quit games in the past, but I've never received more than a 1 minute quit ban, and usually only after half my team has already quit. I looked at my service record and I'd say over the last ~100 or so games I've quit maybe 7 of them because the other team was just so unbearably stacked against us that it became a negative experience for me. I submitted an appeal 'cause to go from 1 minute to 30 days straight seems ludicrous to me. It must have been a mistake.
Thel Vadam wrote:
Received a 30 day ban for I don't know what.
Did you say something bad in the text chat?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Thel Vadam wrote:
Received a 30 day ban for I don't know what.
Did you say something bad in the text chat?
I play with text chat disabled because I can't be bothered to get into arguments with trash talkers and griefers.
The first game of the day I was kicked out after taking two steps and said temporally banned. The previous game (day before) I didn't break any rules (didnt quit early, didnt chat, didnt mess with the game nor network). Just really confused on why it happened and would rather it didnt happen again.

Im on MCC steam. I attempted to play Halo 3 SWAT.

Thanks for any advice
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Stricter penalties won't fix it, because we already HAD stricter penalties and it didn't do anything.

It was like 15 minute bans for one quit, it was ridiculous.
Help! I keep getting banned for reasons I'm not sure of.

My internet connection is fine, I don't quit during matches, and I don't cheat or betray. It's been happening for the past week or so. I'll start playing for a few matches smoothly, then all of a sudden it will pop up saying "Someone in matchmaking has been banned." I try to play again, then it says "You have been banned for one minute" I wait one minute, then maybe I'm able to play one more game, after that it says that I have been banned for 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 30 minutes... I have no idea what's going on.

Is anyone else having this issue? I've never been constantly banned like this before. It's been like this for the last couple times I've played.
Help! I keep getting banned for reasons I'm not sure of.

My internet connection is fine, I don't quit during matches, and I don't cheat or betray. It's been happening for the past week or so. I'll start playing for a few matches smoothly, then all of a sudden it will pop up saying "Someone in matchmaking has been banned." I try to play again, then it says "You have been banned for one minute" I wait one minute, then maybe I'm able to play one more game, after that it says that I have been banned for 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 30 minutes... I have no idea what's going on.

Is anyone else having this issue? I've never been constantly banned like this before. It's been like this for the last couple times I've played.
That's most unusual, I wish I could find an explanation but I can't think of anything that would get you banned like that.
i got banned for 5 mins after a connection error
Update to ban lengths:
The following are the new levels of bans based on the number of times you quit out of a match:
  • 1st offense: 5 minutes
  • 2nd offense: 15 minutes
  • 3rd offense: 30 minutes
  • 4th offense: 60 minutes
  • 5th offense: 180 minutes
  • 6th offense: 16 hours
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 105
  4. 106
  5. 107
  6. ...