1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 111
  4. 112
  5. 113
  6. 114
  7. ...
  8. 115
The Ban system is terrible. Longer times just penalize regular players trying to play the game!

Just got banned again for leaving a 2v4 where 2 people on my team left while game was loading in! I thought there was no penalty after 2 quit? Lies!
From the OP

Quote:
The “First 50%” means that if you are in a 4v4, that the first 2 players to quit on your team will receive a quit ban. However, after at least 50% quit, you are free to quit without a ban. There is a caveat where if a player doesn’t connect to the server and does not make it into the game, the automated quit ban service will not see them as ever being a part of the game. In that situation, the first 2 players to manually quit on that team will receive the ban.
If players fail to load into the game, the quit system is messed up.
This is a problem with the system that needs to be addressed.

I hope they can change it to look not at how many people have 'quit' a game, but instead how many people are 'remaining' in a game.
Dunno if that's possible, but if it is, that'd solve it.
I'm having games where I get banned for no reason I was playing halo 2 assault and I had no betrayals was never idle and never left the game now I'm not the best at this game ive made misplays and sometimes gone the wrong way but I just don't understand why I keep getting this bans
AshamanND wrote:
The Ban system is terrible. Longer times just penalize regular players trying to play the game!

Just got banned again for leaving a 2v4 where 2 people on my team left while game was loading in! I thought there was no penalty after 2 quit? Lies!
From the OP

Quote:
The “First 50%” means that if you are in a 4v4, that the first 2 players to quit on your team will receive a quit ban. However, after at least 50% quit, you are free to quit without a ban. There is a caveat where if a player doesn’t connect to the server and does not make it into the game, the automated quit ban service will not see them as ever being a part of the game. In that situation, the first 2 players to manually quit on that team will receive the ban.
If players fail to load into the game, the quit system is messed up.
This is a problem with the system that needs to be addressed.

I hope they can change it to look not at how many people have 'quit' a game, but instead how many people are 'remaining' in a game.
Dunno if that's possible, but if it is, that'd solve it.
343 will tell you that if those players didn't load into match, it is those players fault and they should get their tech under control so it disconnections dont happen. Then you, the player, have a choice to make: stay in game and get your -Yoink- handed to you or quit and get banned. Pick your poison!
I was banned because the server kicked everyone in my game out. why the hell did I get banned for a problem with the game.
I was banned because the server kicked everyone in my game out. why the hell did I get banned for a problem with the game.
A monitor responded to me after I had a similar problem. They told me:

"There are a myriad of issues that can happen to a signal between leaving your system and arriving at MCC servers. Maybe your personal network is fine and strong, but maybe you lost some packets due to high ISP network traffic, or some other issue beyond your control. In that case, it wouldn’t be your fault or 343’s fault, but the end result is that you still left your team down a man, which negatively affected those 7 other people in that match who were hoping for a normal game free of disruptions. But most quits are intentional, and a wide net must be cast to deal with them so there are few loopholes to avoid punishment, and sometimes that means an innocent disconnect gets caught. It’s unfortunate, but better than not addressing quitting at all."

Or in other words, whether it happened on purpose or not doesn't matter. What matters is that you disconnected, even if you had no control over it. So it's not a quit ban its an "anytime you disconnect from the server " ban.

"There are a myriad of issues that can happen to a signal between leaving your system and arriving at MCC servers. Maybe your personal network is fine and strong, but maybe you lost some packets due to high ISP network traffic, or some other issue beyond your control. In that case, it wouldn’t be your fault or 343’s fault, but the end result is that you still left your team down a man, which negatively affected those 7 other people in that match who were hoping for a normal game free of disruptions. But most quits are intentional, and a wide net must be cast to deal with them so there are few loopholes to avoid punishment, and sometimes that means an innocent disconnect gets caught. It’s unfortunate, but better than not addressing quitting at all."

Or in other words, whether it happened on purpose or not doesn't matter. What matters is that you disconnected, even if you had no control over it. So it's not a quit ban its an "anytime you disconnect from the server " ban.
Which is trash and unfair and sucks major -Yoink-. It's actively killing my desire to play. I don't enjoy getting punished for something that's not my fault.
TRITONK175 wrote:

Which is trash and unfair and sucks major -Yoink-. It's actively killing my desire to play. I don't enjoy getting punished for something that's not my fault.
Everyone in the game disconnected wasn't just me.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Help me why does this keep happening I don't want to play halo anymore
Try disabling skins if you have them enabled.
I'll try, but thats depressing to hear cuz I liked those :(
My first match of today (with all skins set to default) was on Tundra (a forge map) and the same thing happened.
Load map, exited to the main menu against my will, slammed with 5 minute ban.

Makes me think a patch needs to be released to fix this because I am officially done playing until it does!

Uninstalling now https://imgur.com/a/PIe9oMH
A good idea would be that if you disconnect from matchmaking or your game crashes, you should get an option when you reconnect or restart the game to rejoin the match you disconnected/got booted from. If you pick 'no' naturally it counts as a quit and you get the temporary ban. If you pick 'yes' then all is well, you rejoin the match and get no ban.

I think this would cut the number of unnecessary bans from disconnects and crashes. Thoughts???
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My first match of today (with all skins set to default) was on Tundra (a forge map) and the same thing happened.

Makes me think a patch needs to be released to fix this because I am officially done playing until it does!

Are you playing on PC?

Sometimes the folks in the Halo Discord can be really helpful with troubleshooting crashes.
TRITONK175 wrote:

Everyone in the game disconnected wasn't just me.
Same thing has happened to me 3 times as of today. But yeah, 343.. Not your problems, just everyone elses.
Honestly, these ban rules are trash. Yesterday I was trying to complete the firefight challenge (complete 20) but every two matches, after completing the game (before receiving the xp) I would get the server disconnected error message. So they banned me, from firefight!
Today I was playing, and the game decided to crash in the middle of a match. Guess what? I got banned again.
Now I'm frightened of playing the game cuz it could ban me for no reason.
Chimera30 wrote:
TRITONK175 wrote:
you’ll either have to continue dealing with the bans or stick to campaign and firefight modes so that you aren’t messing up games for other people in matchmaking.
You know what's funny? You can be banned in firefight too
Something I've realized. Every single ban-triggering mid-match dashboard-crash or system-shutdown I've experienced has happened while playing a Halo 3 match. Is there maybe something to that, or just coincidence?
Hello all,

Yesterday, I had two Halo 4 games that in the middle of the match stated that it was looking for a new host. After about 30 seconds it “red marked” every played and kicked the game. I have videos to prove this.

What was very annoying is that I got two 5 & 15 minute bans for these “offences”. Seems a little harsh.

just playing right now, my entire squad quit as the game was loading. So, after it loaded I quit. I did heard that if there are less than two players in a square, no penalty is given. I am typing this through my third ban (15 minutes again) of the past two days.

I have played Halo: MCC since the day it was released and while I have encountered some issues (on release it was a bit of a mess), I have not experienced anything like this before.

is anyone else having these issues?
Hello all,

Yesterday, I had two Halo 4 games that in the middle of the match stated that it was looking for a new host. After about 30 seconds it “red marked” every played and kicked the game. I have videos to prove this.

What was very annoying is that I got two 5 & 15 minute bans for these “offences”. Seems a little harsh.

just playing right now, my entire squad quit as the game was loading. So, after it loaded I quit. I did heard that if there are less than two players in a square, no penalty is given. I am typing this through my third ban (15 minutes again) of the past two days.

I have played Halo: MCC since the day it was released and while I have encountered some issues (on release it was a bit of a mess), I have not experienced anything like this before.

It's If two players from your team (that load into a match) quit then you can leave the game and no penalty. If you are the only one then....343 would tell you that it still counts as a quit. They would then go on to say that you quitting affects the other players in the match 🙄
You can quit if half your team is gone.
...but not if they're afk
...and not if you load into the game 2v4 because they lagged out/crashed before the game started.
Hello all,

Ya. Since Season 6 launched been havin issues with gettin booted to menu before a match even loads. Ita gotten to the point where my friends n i close out the game after every match. that seems to help a lil bit
AshamanND wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you playing on PC?

Sometimes the folks in the Halo Discord can be really helpful with troubleshooting crashes.
They could be the most helpful people in the world.

This far into launch, however, I expect a working game, and the amount of people that are experiencing these crashes is just making me wait until next worthwhile patch.

I'm at a crossroads where the amount of stress I get for experiences like this isn't worth the amount of fun I'll have with continuing playing.
So, just got into a game of Big Team battle. Was doing amazing. 18 kill streak (MVP on my team) and I see a bunch of guys over on the distance all getting into a wart hog and a ghost. I line my shot up about to hit and "bzzz grrrr nnnnnnn bbzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ" screen freezes game crashes and banned for 5mins.... Xbox series X. Either Trash system or Trash game. Seeing as it happens on every system at some point obviously problem with the game.. Annoying at this point. What is the point in playing multiplayer if you can't enjoy multiplayer?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 111
  4. 112
  5. 113
  6. 114
  7. ...
  8. 115