1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 123
  4. 124
  5. 125
  6. 126
  7. ...
  8. 127
Hi, as the temp banning after quiting matches is a great thing.. I've been hit with a temp ban till the year 2552 and that can't be right.... I'm not sure if that is a bug/glitch but i really need some help with my issue..lol. My gamertag is Tony2950.
Tony2950 wrote:
Hi, as the temp banning after quiting matches is a great thing.. I've been hit with a temp ban till the year 2552 and that can't be right.... I'm not sure if that is a bug/glitch but i really need some help with my issue..lol. My gamertag is Tony2950.
File a ban appeal on the Halo Support Site - permanent bans aren't handed out lightly though, generally for modding in matchmaking or matchmaking/rank manipulation
Came back to trying Halo after many years to 2 out 3 of all my games getting stuck on loading screens when joining a match. Waiting 5 to 10 minutes doesn't help and reopening the game causing bans. I'm on series x. Along with other bugs, this is a terrible and frustrating experience.
rad3209 wrote:
Came back to trying Halo after many years to 2 out 3 of all my games getting stuck on loading screens when joining a match. Waiting 5 to 10 minutes doesn't help and reopening the game causing bans. I'm on series x. Along with other bugs, this is a terrible and frustrating experience.
there could be a number of problems but I would suggest disabling skins in your settings
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
I was banned, is this the right place to ask for help?

Part of the reason is my internet connection has been bad for the last few weeks and i either get kicked or my input is all lagging but I still try to play anyway.

I got a lot of hateful messages, some I've had to report because I brought down the score in the game i guess which i feel bad about but I just wanted to play.

I got banned until 10/29/2552 which is obviously forever, I love this game sooooo much.

Does anyone have any help to provide?

Thank you all for your help and merciful understanding.
Bans until 2552 are not automated and are not handed out for simple lag or disconnects.

They are manually handed out and usually as a result of some really bad behavior - either abusing the game systems or other players.

AshamanND wrote:
So two weeks ago I got banned on mcc till 2552. It says its temporary but 500 years seems perma.
I put my ticket in 16 days a go. i would just like to know why I was banned.
My ticket id #76722
Has anyone had this happen?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/567169229892354064/818169789851500594/FSXHB8w4OZSZbO8bt7bpq90cU.png
That sounds like a manual ban that was applied to you.
Do you play on xbox or PC?
Where did you put in a ticket? I was too! I hope we can get help, I just wanna paly again, I will be super careful in the future if I am allowed back in.
This message you wrote "I will be super careful in the future" makes me wonder: Careful of what?
If you're having disconnect issues, being careful isn't going to change that.
So, I'm wondering if you have an idea of what got you banned already, and it's not disconnects?
Is it possible you responded to some of those 'hateful messages' with some of your own?

In any case, if you think you were wrongly banned, you can file a ticket on the support site, which is at the top of Waypoint "SUPPORT"
Or lazy link: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-usI wish you best of luck.
I thought someone might find that careful in the future” to be concerning. What I meant was if I was experiencing bad internet like we have been I just wouldn’t push it and keep trying to play.

I was also messing around with other players in the match, we were killing ourselves and such, one of those matches... anyway, I updated my ticket. I mean, I scored all three goals a few games prior.

I don’t need understanding or empathy from you guys, forums are usually mean and wasn’t expecting to be kinder to. I just wanted some honest help.

i do appreciate the help with the ticket, Lord-willingly it’ll be looked into soon and appealed! Reach was my favorite on the 360 and I’d be so sad to not be able to play it anymore since they are shutting down the servers.

Anyways, thanks you guys for the help. Just needed direction

oh, and no. Sincerely, I did not respond. They are all still in my “requests” messages tab. No good comes from responding. People don’t want to hear your side, they just want to be mean.
Hmmm ..we were messing around killing ourselves.. in "one" of those matches... I bet it was probably more than one and when they investigated your account and stats and saw all the "disconnects", suicides, betrayals, and probably other misconduct and that got you banned. From my experience here on waypoint the majority of the time, well practically ALL the time, players aren't quite honest about how many times they done something. For example in H5 your game history is listed and many times players will claim they got a long ban for "quitting once" and then you check their game history and it's full of DNF (did not finish)... I am sure it sucks to get such a ban but griefiers and AFKers really ruin it for other players and the population is struggling enough so rules should be enforced even more if they want to keep players around.
relax. I didn’t mean just one. I meant it’s griffball you come across those matches.

I didn’t read past that comment because you’re just being mean.

I asked for help, I said what I knew, nicer people pointed me where to file an appeal and that’s all I needed. I won’t be back to this thread after this comment.

Thank you to those of you who had empathy.
I don't see how I was mean. I repeated exactly what you said and then said what experience on here has been like. Some just can't handle truth.
I'm sorry, I was just proud and touchy and on the internet (text) words don't convey tone very well so I'm sure you said it politely. I'm glad I found this because thread, i don't remember where the conversation was but I wanted to say that I am sorry because I lied about being banned for no reason.

I was banned for a good reason, I was using an auto-clicker for a day or so and i was banned. I am sorry for lying. I was afraid of getting ripped a new one. I was banned fairly and squarely. I hope someday to be trusted with multiplayer again because I share Halo with my mom. In the meantime, I am sorry for anyone who's match was tampered with because of my AFKing. I am sorry everyone for sinning, both in AFKing and for lying.

I am humbled and I won't do either anymore.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Tried playing some games with 2 other friends tonight in the same house, old school lan style (we dedicated the night to this, we bought a good amount of booze and meat so it wasn't cheap either lol). It was a lot of ****ing around but we were excited for it.

We tried to que for a big team. The result was my 2 friends got into a game and I was booted to the main menu. I qued into some other games while I waited for them to finish. They were banned after finishing their match. We waited for the ban to finish and we qued when the bans expired. Same result. I crashed to the main menu and my friends got into a match (with a man short on the team). I went on YouTube while I waited. After they lost the match we tried to play again but couldn't, because they were banned for even longer for finishing the match.

Tried one more time, this time, we qued separately, but selected the same matchmaking conditions (only selected 8v8, only halo reach and only heavies), surprisingly we all got into the same match! Finished it without punishment too!

Too much effort to all play together though. We were too annoyed to do anything after that and called it.

This is crap. 343, get your act together and fix this. People should be able to play on the same network without being banned for no reason.
I get banned all the time fir no reason, and all they say is submit a ticket and it continues to happen. the network froze up just now and now I'm banned for an hour, getting sick and tired of this happening
I am getting banned for my "Connection interrupted" error. I have not, and do not quit games. But I am being penalized due to a faulty system. It is not MY connection, i play cross plat with my Fiance and they never lose connection when I do, and it is on the same network. This is incredibly frustrating to constantly get banned for NOT QUITTING.
happens to me every day
HC SOlO wrote:
rad3209 wrote:
there could be a number of problems but I would suggest disabling skins in your settings
I feel.your pain, I'm selling mine cause they can't fix it. As soon as my 3 months are up I'm getting rid of it. To dam frustrating
Glad to see handling of bans are still a major problem.

In the meantime I’ve found a few other games to play with my friends that has their system in order. Splitgate is actually pretty awesome btw.

I tried to stick around but man, Im done. It’s been years and you guys just won’t listen. You implemented a ban system that didn’t solve the issue and when people were caught in the crossfire, you didn’t care. When people told you the bans weren’t solving quitting, AFKing, or betrayals, you didn’t care. When people warned you extending quit ban lengths that already weren’t working wouldn’t fix the issue and just get people who DC banned longer, you didn’t care.

Kinda reminds me how the bug reporting for the flights just don’t matter.

All these bans did is run people away who were trying to have fun and the game actively tells them to go away.
I got banned because the game I was in disconnected. One guy has a crap connection and we all get punished for "quitting"? Really 343? Really????
ABXY 0000 wrote:
Has anyone gotten responses to their tickets yet? I made one 2 weeks ago and no one's replied to it at all.
I don't think anyone gets responses on their tickets... seems everyone gets silence
Also going on 2 weeks here with my ticket. No response.
Any tickets I submitted there was at least a month wait for a response.
A month is well past for my ticket, no contact back at all.
Same here. I'd hoped I was just the last one to be dealt with, but it seems like we're all still waiting for... well... anything....
Just putting my experience out there. I had gotten a 2552 ban on 07/08 and it was gone 07/23. I know my reason for ban was my GT got spoofed by multiple hackers (which I had multiple ways to prove) until it was perm banned for cheating. I submitted a waypoint ticket before I got banned warning what was going on and submitted another ticket appealing the ban after the fact. I never got a single reply to either of those tickets, even once I was unbanned, the tickets were still open/unsolved so I ended up closing them myself. I can't complain in the end but it appears other people are suffering from the problem of no response while still being banned.
I don't know if this has been said before, but the first offense in the given period should be a freebie. I do admit to rarely quitting intentionally, for various legit and non-legit reasons, but the more major issue that I've been subjected to is losing connection or freeze. This is by no means my fault with otherwise pretty reliable hardware and internet connection and is sometimes just a small hiccup with my ISP or the game servers. But then, despite not being my fault, I'm punished and have to wait? Even though it was just a small hiccup in my internet for a reason wholly out of my control that caused just enough desync to pull me from the match, but is otherwise fine? No.

This said, I think ONLY the first offense should be a freebie. If you lose your cool just once in a while (like, once a week at most) or have a legit not-your-fault disconnect, but end up having no further issues during your game session, that's fine, we all have those. But if you're a repeat offender because you can't stay composed or you knowingly play on shoddy network connection or underspec'd hardware, despite it's affects on other players, then that's another matter entirely. I'd honestly recommend just swapping out the first ban's punishment for 0, and keep offences 2-6 the same times as posted.

I say this from having this very issue happen to me. I've had to sit out for 10 minutes because my internet service derpped out for 20 seconds, then continued strong for the rest of the night. I can't exactly change where I live if it's an issue beyond my demarcation point (somewhere between game servers and where the cable runs up to my house), so I think it's stupid if I or anyone else in a similar position gets punished for something we can neither predict nor prevent. But as I said, if it happens a second time, that's our cue that we should avoid ruining others' experience and logoff for the day/night.
KryZee wrote:
Just logged in Today, found myself being banned til 2552 without reason.
Never cheated, I played til Yesterday with my friends and everything was fine, now i'm perma-banned.
OK, gg 343.
Dodging matches gets you banned now. Considering how many ranked games against better teams you dodged in previous months, that's probably the reason. In which case it is well deserved. Get rekt.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This is so accurate it's scary.
CMpunk17 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This is so accurate it's scary.
I agree
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Could someone explain to me why this is a spoiler? What were we talking about?
TaIIon IV wrote:
KryZee wrote:
Never cheated, I played til Yesterday with my friends and everything was fine, now i'm perma-banned.
OK, gg 343.
Dodging matches gets you banned now. Considering how many ranked games against better teams you dodged in previous months, that's probably the reason. In which case it is well deserved. Get rekt.
I too was banned for life, I feel for him.

Imagine not being able to play even if he deserved it. It sucks. :/
I've been waiting over a month and a half for a response to my ticket, anyone else?
I‘ve been waiting over 4 months for my ban appeal response. :/
Hang in there, m8.
KryZee wrote:
OK, gg 343.
I was banned for life too, m8.

Submit a ticket here:

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/requests/newI’ve been waiting 4 months for a response, I feel like i’m being ignored. Just be patient and hope Infinite is good enough to fold you over until you are hopefully unbanned. I hope you will be, m8! :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 123
  4. 124
  5. 125
  6. 126
  7. ...
  8. 127