Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 125
  4. 126
  5. 127
  6. 128
  7. ...
  8. 129
This is the 3rd time in the past 3 days. It happens the very first game I get on. I’ll be in the game for not even 5 mins. Disconnect won’t ever reconnect and then I have to close app. Then I’m banned again. I literally can’t play multiplayer anymore, they need to fix something man. It’s frustrating.
The ban got lifted right after my post so I tried to play again. Played for 5 mins and the same thing happened lol. Fix your game.
Just got banned for no reason. Just finished a game of halo reach territory’s and won, only to find out I’m banned. I had no betrayals, I did not leave early because we won and I needed to challenge for the season point. I don’t believe I was being toxic or anything, I didn’t T-bag or anything, just playing a match with a friend. My internet isn’t the best so it’s possible right before the fade to black at the end of the match, I lagged out, but I’m not sure. Honestly not sure what happened, makes me mad because I feel like I was banned for winning a game. Really great system 343, love getting banned for winning a game.
343 needs to seriously figure out a way to differentiate between a manual quit and a connection loss. Yesterday I was searching for a game of infection. I found a match, but right as the loading screen appeared I was suddenly sent back to the menu with a message that said I lost connection. Same thing happened again the second time. But when I tried a third time, it said I'd been banned from matchmaking for 10 minutes. Excuse me, but how is that my fault? I didn't choose to leave those matches. Why am I being punished? I don't care if it's a problem on my end or their end, it is NEVER fair to punish someone for something they have no control over.
Tyrant AJM wrote:
343 needs to seriously figure out a way to differentiate between a manual quit and a connection loss.
They can do this already, the issue is connection loss - this looks the same whether you get dropping by your provider, game crashes, you pull out your Ethernet cable / turn off wifi, dashboard your console. You're just no longer in the game, so it has to be accounted for in the same manner. Left unchecked, as it was a few years back, and people will quit unpunished to save their stats.
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
Same story here :( Hope we all get to hear something soon.
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers.
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers, too!
yeah they havent even passed this to an agent
Hey guys i made a post here about 3 months or so about my ban till 2552 for no reason and as of today I have received an email from halo support after emailing them twice and I am finally unbanned
Hello everyone,

I have just booted up MCC for the first time in a few months, played some btb on halo 3, on my 2nd match i got sandtrad, went 28 kills and 7 deaths, I had 13 laser kills, and the br was my tool of destruction.

After the game ended I was unable to re-queue to play more, and I had a 3ish minute ban.Why was I banned for 3 minutes?why do I have to write this post at all? did I get banned for doing "too good"? is this a common glitch?

Has anybody experienced this before? could this be from me leaving the next re queue, but right at the worst moment?

I left the endgame re-queue instantly so it is not like I found another match lobby and left,
I was just hit by this temp 3 minute ban out of nowhere. I also finished the game, becuase I heard the "GAME OVER" announcer and had the fade to black screen,

I had no disconnection warning either.Hopefully somebody knows what I am talking about here, I have never seen this.
Geometeus wrote:
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
Same story here :( Hope we all get to hear something soon.
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers.
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers, too!
yeah they havent even passed this to an agent
Hey guys i made a post here about 3 months or so about my ban till 2552 for no reason and as of today I have received an email from halo support after emailing them twice and I am finally unbanned
Damn, I will be unbanned for January so LOL
Geometeus wrote:
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
Same story here :( Hope we all get to hear something soon.
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers.
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers, too!
yeah they havent even passed this to an agent
Hey guys i made a post here about 3 months or so about my ban till 2552 for no reason and as of today I have received an email from halo support after emailing them twice and I am finally unbanned
That's awesome, mate! Congratulations! By the by, when you say email are you saying there's another way to contact them other than the support tickets?
Feel like I'm shouting into a void at this point but I've been permed for a bit over 2 months. Submitted a ban appeal when I found out I was banned and don't know what happened to it. Submitted another one over 20 days ago and no response. I'm about done playing Halo at this point all together over this. I've had many gripes about 343 but never enough to fully quit but to be permed without a reason given and no response back after so long it's demotivating. I've missed out on both Infinite flights because of this, I can only assume since I've been invited to every one before the ban and everyone is supposed to be invited to this new one.
Never got banned just looking around here for fun lol.
Geometeus wrote:
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
Same story here :( Hope we all get to hear something soon.
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers.
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers, too!
yeah they havent even passed this to an agent
Hey guys i made a post here about 3 months or so about my ban till 2552 for no reason and as of today I have received an email from halo support after emailing them twice and I am finally unbanned
Praise the Lord! That’s great, man! I am very glad for you! May I have that email? Really happy for you! And what an encouragement for the rest of us!
KryZee wrote:
Geometeus wrote:
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
Same story here :( Hope we all get to hear something soon.
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers.
will 343 even help me? they banned me till 2552 and its been 2 months well almost and no one has helped .they didnt even tell me why i got banned
I’ve been banned for life, wrote them and it’s almost been 5 months with no response. :/. Praying you get get answers, too!
yeah they havent even passed this to an agent
Hey guys i made a post here about 3 months or so about my ban till 2552 for no reason and as of today I have received an email from halo support after emailing them twice and I am finally unbanned
Damn, I will be unbanned for January so LOL
Not much longer for you! :D
Never got banned just looking around here for fun lol.
Lolol.
Hello everyone,

I have just booted up MCC for the first time in a few months, played some btb on halo 3, on my 2nd match i got sandtrad, went 28 kills and 7 deaths, I had 13 laser kills, and the br was my tool of destruction.

After the game ended I was unable to re-queue to play more, and I had a 3ish minute ban.Why was I banned for 3 minutes?why do I have to write this post at all? did I get banned for doing "too good"? is this a common glitch?

Has anybody experienced this before? could this be from me leaving the next re queue, but right at the worst moment?

I left the endgame re-queue instantly so it is not like I found another match lobby and left,
I was just hit by this temp 3 minute ban out of nowhere. I also finished the game, becuase I heard the "GAME OVER" announcer and had the fade to black screen,

I had no disconnection warning either.Hopefully somebody knows what I am talking about here, I have never seen this.
Don;t know why this happens but I have seen a LOT of tickets about this sort of thing happening. I guess th best we can all do is play fairly, have as good a connection we can and write in the forums if we get banned, lol.
Sometimes when I'm in matchmaking the screen will suddenly freeze, then crash and quit the game entirely, which results in me getting temporarily banned when I log back in. I mean, if I get banned because I accidentally kill a teammate and they boot me out of petty spite, annoying, but fine. But getting banned because the game crashed and FORCED me out of the game! That's BS and unfair to not just me, but every single gamer who's just playing and gets banned for the game crashing for NO reason!
Feel like I'm shouting into a void at this point but I've been permed for a bit over 2 months. Submitted a ban appeal when I found out I was banned and don't know what happened to it. Submitted another one over 20 days ago and no response. I'm about done playing Halo at this point all together over this. I've had many gripes about 343 but never enough to fully quit but to be permed without a reason given and no response back after so long it's demotivating. I've missed out on both Infinite flights because of this, I can only assume since I've been invited to every one before the ban and everyone is supposed to be invited to this new one.
I am banned for life but I got invited to Infinite. I do not say this to brag but to give hope that maybe you weren’t not invited because of that after all…

Prayed you get unbanned.
Hello everyone,

I have just booted up MCC for the first time in a few months, played some btb on halo 3, on my 2nd match i got sandtrad, went 28 kills and 7 deaths, I had 13 laser kills, and the br was my tool of destruction.

After the game ended I was unable to re-queue to play more, and I had a 3ish minute ban.Why was I banned for 3 minutes?why do I have to write this post at all? did I get banned for doing "too good"? is this a common glitch?

Has anybody experienced this before? could this be from me leaving the next re queue, but right at the worst moment?

I left the endgame re-queue instantly so it is not like I found another match lobby and left,
I was just hit by this temp 3 minute ban out of nowhere. I also finished the game, becuase I heard the "GAME OVER" announcer and had the fade to black screen,

I had no disconnection warning either.Hopefully somebody knows what I am talking about here, I have never seen this.
there seems to be some issues with Connecting to Halo 3 mostly, but the issue of getting banned due to getting dropped is strickly on 343i end. Ther are aware of this issue which started a year ago, but still have no fix ofr it. it seems to effect both Stema and the microsott sotre versions of Halo. Honestly i dont see a fix coming at all since Infinite is around the corner and they are going to stop doing Monthly updates to MCC
A few weeks ago, I was playing a match of Halo 2 Anniversary on MCC and I accidentally betrayed the same teammate repeatedly, purely because I had difficulties telling the difference between the team colors and I hadn't paid attention during match loading to what team I was on; my fault, I know. But then tonight, when I went on to play a game after setting up my Elite controller Series 2, I decided to quit the match because my controls weren't acting as expected, and I didn't want to idle more than I already had, which wasn't very long at that point. Then I went back into matchmaking once I got my controls sorted, and I found that I was banned. I'd like to understand why I was banned.
*UPDATE*

*Sad Sigh*… After 5 months of waiting for a reply from the ban appeal, they said they won’t overturn it becasue of my idling. I used an program to keep me awake through matches. It was running for about 24 hours, I think. Anyways, I was hoping or mercy because I am sincerely sorry and even publically apologized but they think the idling was just too offensive and is worth a lifetime ban.

I was also hoping they’d unban me because the 360 servers are shutting down. Well, I am thankful that one person was unbanned still, that’s cool! Maybe someday I’ll ask humbly again and they’ll reduce me to 5 years or something and maybe I’ll be able to play again in the next decade. :/

I still appreciate the ban people, they protect the players from people messing with the game!

Maybe see you all in Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 125
  4. 126
  5. 127
  6. 128
  7. ...
  8. 129