OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 126
  4. 127
  5. ...
  6. 128
*UPDATE*

*Sad Sigh*… After 5 months of waiting for a reply from the ban appeal, they said they won’t overturn it becasue of my idling. I used an program to keep me awake through matches. It was running for about 24 hours, I think. Anyways, I was hoping or mercy because I am sincerely sorry and even publically apologized but they think the idling was just too offensive and is worth a lifetime ban.

I was also hoping they’d unban me because the 360 servers are shutting down. Well, I am thankful that one person was unbanned still, that’s cool! Maybe someday I’ll ask humbly again and they’ll reduce me to 5 years or something and maybe I’ll be able to play again in the next decade. :/

I still appreciate the ban people, they protect the players from people messing with the game!

Maybe see you all in Infinite.
I'm sorry to hear that, mate.... Wishing you the best going forwards.
*UPDATE*

*Sad Sigh*… After 5 months of waiting for a reply from the ban appeal, they said they won’t overturn it becasue of my idling. I used an program to keep me awake through matches. It was running for about 24 hours, I think. Anyways, I was hoping or mercy because I am sincerely sorry and even publically apologized but they think the idling was just too offensive and is worth a lifetime ban.

I was also hoping they’d unban me because the 360 servers are shutting down. Well, I am thankful that one person was unbanned still, that’s cool! Maybe someday I’ll ask humbly again and they’ll reduce me to 5 years or something and maybe I’ll be able to play again in the next decade. :/

I still appreciate the ban people, they protect the players from people messing with the game!

Maybe see you all in Infinite.
I'm sorry to hear that, mate.... Wishing you the best going forwards.
Aw, thank you… You know, I really needed some sympathy in this. I am not unbanned but you did make me feel better. :)
I will hopefully at least see spartans all in Infinite!
ABXY 0000 wrote:
Has anyone gotten responses to their tickets yet? I made one 2 weeks ago and no one's replied to it at all.
I don't think anyone gets responses on their tickets... seems everyone gets silence
Also going on 2 weeks here with my ticket. No response.
Any tickets I submitted there was at least a month wait for a response.
A month is well past for my ticket, no contact back at all.
Same here. I'd hoped I was just the last one to be dealt with, but it seems like we're all still waiting for... well... anything....
2-3 months later I'm unbanned. Found no wrongdoing.
ABXY 0000 wrote:
Has anyone gotten responses to their tickets yet? I made one 2 weeks ago and no one's replied to it at all.
I don't think anyone gets responses on their tickets... seems everyone gets silence
Also going on 2 weeks here with my ticket. No response.
Any tickets I submitted there was at least a month wait for a response.
A month is well past for my ticket, no contact back at all.
Same here. I'd hoped I was just the last one to be dealt with, but it seems like we're all still waiting for... well... anything....
2-3 months later I'm unbanned. Found no wrongdoing.
Aye! That's great to hear, man! Did you get a response to your ticket? Or did you just log-in one day and find the ban was gone?
I would contact support and see if they can provide any insights.
I have had multiple issues in the past where my friends and I will have a gaming party in the same house, on the same WiFi but different systems. Typically the PC players will get booted from the party - Two of us including myself - and the console players will still be loaded into the match. We had a night where this was happening every other game and we would be stuck waiting on them to finish the match before we could join them because of the ban whiplash if they quit. It was having a very negative affect on the game night because it was a shorter amount of time to watch them play than to quit and wait out the ban timer. Can there be some kind of catch block thrown in to trigger a flag to prevent the ban hammer from affecting a party that was broken up because of a network issue? Sometimes the two console players that didn't get the boot would be the only ones on the team so they wouldn't be banned now, but when the team fills quickly they have to finish.
I am pretty upset right now but I am going to try my best to cordially point out a major flaw in the current ban system because I genuinely hope that this terrible ban system isn't implemented in Halo Infinite.

I was streaming Halo MCC when a lobby crashed because the host quit. To be clear, the issue definitely wasn't on my end. When I am live my download speed is 339.4 mbps and my upload speed is 23.7 mbps on an ethernet connection. That is more than enough for a stable connection to matchmaking servers. Which means the disconnect happened because the server failed to resolve the host quitting and ended the lobby.

I was disappointed that I would have to wait for another lobby to load, when I was suddenly kicked back to the multiplayer menu with a message. "Someone in your party has been banned from matchmaking." This was confusing since I was the only one in my party and I hadn't done anything wrong. I clicked play and was greeted with a message that let me know that I was indeed banned and when the ban would lift. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that the host quitting caused the lobby to kick me and the other players, which had counted as a user disconnect and that I had been one of the first to be disconnected. Thus, the ban for "quitting".

Quote:
I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it.
Funny thing is I can prove I didn't do anything wrong. I have the entire incident recorded, on account of having streamed it live. I quit playing Halo for the night because if it happened once it can happen again and 15 minutes is a lot worse than 5. As a streamer 5 minutes of no-game is a no-go, let alone 15. I simply don't understand how there isn't a margin of error when your servers obviously have errors. My suggestion is to get rid of the first offense ban and leave the rest as it is. A five minute ban isn't going to discourage a sweater, it's only going to negatively impact the experience of all your other users.
I'm sorry but this ban system is utter trash. I was banned after completing a match for what I can only assume was a drop in my connection. I have the best internet available in my area. It is not great but I never actually disconnect from games. Why am I still being banned after the game finishes? I paid for the dang game it is BS that I get banned for things completely out of my control. Please find a way to fix this as it is very unfair to those of us who either cannot get, or cannot afford super fast internet. It is incredibly frustrating, especially when I actually finished the match only to be disconnected in the end lobby.
tuhin94 wrote:
I hope this is not an off-topic post, but I’d like to chime in and say how glad I am a system like this has been implemented. Halo has been needing something like this for a long time. While not every match needs to be sweaty or played with a full fireteam, it gets very frustrating for players who enjoy social matches to regularly be in games with unbalanced teams. Of course, this system should pay dividends for ranked matches as well as quitters are still there.

Now every player has to think hard about whether or not a match is bad enough to quit out of and face the penalties. I hope this encourages players to stick it out and play their best. Who knows, maybe we’ll start seeing a ton of comeback wins.
If you left games in original halo 3, you'd also get temporarily banned. It's not a new system. It also doesn't At All dissuade most players anyways
I'm sorry but this ban system is utter trash. I was banned after completing a match for what I can only assume was a drop in my connection. I have the best internet available in my area. It is not great but I never actually disconnect from games. Why am I still being banned after the game finishes? I paid for the dang game it is BS that I get banned for things completely out of my control. Please find a way to fix this as it is very unfair to those of us who either cannot get, or cannot afford super fast internet. It is incredibly frustrating, especially when I actually finished the match only to be disconnected in the end lobby.
It's technically not out of our control. I crash alot due to my memory blue screening my PC and am punished severely for it... Although I understand why I am. I also got Perma banned by forge and 343 on all of their possible discords and forums other than this one because at the time I was a problem poster. There's really no way to not obfuscate accounts because the retaliation and white knighting even the ones I committed would become overwhelming. It's best to just sit back sometimes and not get mad
tuhin94 wrote:
I hope this is not an off-topic post, but I’d like to chime in and say how glad I am a system like this has been implemented. Halo has been needing something like this for a long time. While not every match needs to be sweaty or played with a full fireteam, it gets very frustrating for players who enjoy social matches to regularly be in games with unbalanced teams. Of course, this system should pay dividends for ranked matches as well as quitters are still there.

Now every player has to think hard about whether or not a match is bad enough to quit out of and face the penalties. I hope this encourages players to stick it out and play their best. Who knows, maybe we’ll start seeing a ton of comeback wins.
Do what elderwrito literally did, have ppl be able to join and leave in-game
stckrboy wrote:
Tyrant AJM wrote:
343 needs to seriously figure out a way to differentiate between a manual quit and a connection loss.
They can do this already, the issue is connection loss - this looks the same whether you get dropping by your provider, game crashes, you pull out your Ethernet cable / turn off wifi, dashboard your console. You're just no longer in the game, so it has to be accounted for in the same manner. Left unchecked, as it was a few years back, and people will quit unpunished to save their stats.
Lag switching is great example of this
I just lost connection, got booted from the game and now im banned
I understand why they are doing it, and I agree there needs to be some sort of system. It is really frustrating when you have a bunch of people quit because they don't like a map or they are losing. But I think the systems severity and sensitivity is really hurting the already low player base. I absolutely LOVE the classic Halo games. There is honestly only one other pvp shooter to come out since Halo 3 that I like at all (Splitgate), and the only reason I like it is because it has somewhat similar gunplay to Halo.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to play Halo at all for years now because l prefer Sony exclusives, so no xbox. I did buy an Xbox one when MCC first released exclusively for MCC, but it was so broken for so long I sold it because it didn't seem like it would ever be in a playable state. So I was ecstatic to be able to play on PC after recently getting a new tower. It even took forever to get matchmaking working for some reason, and I spent hours figuring it out. So it is really frustrating that now I don't even feel like trying to play because I know my internet isn't great, and it will eventually dip to the point where the ban system triggers. It's good enough that it doesn't seem to effect game play, and I have yet to actually drop from an active game, but it triggers anyway. And it also seems to happen exclusively AFTER I finish a match. It will be reading out the after match ststs and then I get the message.

If it was only 5 minutes every time it'd be ok, but when it compounds it just makes me go find something else to do, and dissuades me from coming back because I don't want to risk an even longer ban. When I have the time I like to settle in and get a good hour or two going, and having to deal with the bans for something currently out of my control is incredibly frustrating and disheartening. Especially since there is no lag or dropping issues during the actual match. I just want to play a game I love and can't enjoy the experience at all right now. And from what I can tell by reading through posts since they instituted this system they have lost even more players for the same reason. Players the game cannot really afford to lose atm. Idk what the answer is, they do need something to keep people in matches. All I known is that I am really bummed out that the experience is essentially ruined for me and I still cannot consistantly play my favorite game.

Oh, and it seems to only happen on my pc as I had my brother in law bring his old Xbox one over and throughout a 3 hour play session I was never banned. Sorry for the long rant but I am just really frustrated.
I cannot access several parts of my waypoint page and I am very worried, outages have not been reported on web and every time I try to access notifications, it reads,

"PROBLEM DETECTED
Well, this is embarrassing. Looks like we have some problems on our end."

If anything could be done to help me troubleshoot it would be greatly appreciated, I don't believe anything I posted Violated the rules, but in the event that it did I can remove it, thank you for your help and continued support I look forward to the future of Halo.
The problem with the current ban system is that it doesn't actually address many of the issues and more often is banning people for just trying to play the game.
Stop banning me for trying to play your game. You ban me because your game is broken and freezes and crashes. That is stupid. You need to get rid of the ban system because it doesn't work.

It has happened twice now in an hour so my ban is up to 15 minutes. And now because of your new update I can't even go play custom games while I wait out my ban.

Yes, I am upset. This is just dumb.
I cannot access several parts of my waypoint page and I am very worried, outages have not been reported on web and every time I try to access notifications, it reads,

"PROBLEM DETECTED
Well, this is embarrassing. Looks like we have some problems on our end."

If anything could be done to help me troubleshoot it would be greatly appreciated, I don't believe anything I posted Violated the rules, but in the event that it did I can remove it, thank you for your help and continued support I look forward to the future of Halo.
I am getting that a lot as well. I have been reluctant to even bother logging in over the last week. My messages and notifications are giving that message, right now. ( Australian Eastern Daylight Savings 6.35 p.m. 16-10-2021 )
This is a known issue with Waypoint right now and unrelated to in-game bans
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 126
  4. 127
  5. ...
  6. 128