Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 43
Take off the banning system, who ever quits is gonna quit. Is this your way of getting people to play this full games? I dont remember bungie being this desperate in the past. So 433 or 444 whatever you new development go as. Do something about it instead of letting us switch to another game because of the banning system. Lastly, we all put our money and putting our time in this, why cant you guys understand our frustration? Please take off the penalty system.
imm GriMMy wrote:
I keep getting host booted when I play team hardcore & team arena. Also whenever I do get host booted I end up getting penalized. How can I make this stop, I'm not quitting at my own will so why am I getting penalized? Seriously tired of this
Unless matchmaking has been switched over to its P2P fallback, you can't be host booted as matchmaking runs on dedicated servers. If you are running on WiFi I would switch over to a wired connection and see if things stabalise out for you

Also please don't post multiple times in a row thanks
imm GriMMy wrote:
Take off the banning system, who ever quits is gonna quit. Is this your way of getting people to play this full games? I dont remember bungie being this desperate in the past. So 433 or 444 whatever you new development go as. Do something about it instead of letting us switch to another game because of the banning system. Lastly, we all put our money and putting our time in this, why cant you guys understand our frustration? Please take off the penalty system.
"Whoever quits is gonna quit"
Yep.
And they damage the experience of the other people in the match, and therefore deserve a ban. Especially if they are serial quitters.
They need to implement a basic system. 3 consecutive quits for a ban, or 5 quits within the past hour for a ban.
AshamanND wrote:
imm GriMMy wrote:
Yep.
And they damage the experience of the other people in the match, and therefore deserve a ban. Especially if they are serial quitters.
Because people staying in AFK is so much better!
stckrboy wrote:
imm GriMMy wrote:
I keep getting host booted when I play team hardcore & team arena. Also whenever I do get host booted I end up getting penalized. How can I make this stop, I'm not quitting at my own will so why am I getting penalized? Seriously tired of this
Unless matchmaking has been switched over to its P2P fallback, you can't be host booted as matchmaking runs on dedicated servers. If you are running on WiFi I would switch over to a wired connection and see if things stabalise out for you

Also please don't post multiple times in a row thanks
MCC must do this often, then. Almost every game I play I can easily tell who the host is. And I've seen people play perfectly in standby lag. And I've also seen flat out host-booting/DDoSing.
AshamanND wrote:
imm GriMMy wrote:
Yep.
AFK is a different problem. Although it is one that should have a similar solution. They need to develop ways to detect AFKers to boot them and treat it as a quit.

Wanna go AFK? Sure thing! You'll get booted, and eventually a short ban for it. That should be the case.

Don't remove quit bans because of AFKers, instead boot them and ban them.

But I do believe (as you will see if you read many of my previous posts in this thread) that the ban system can be a little more forgiving. Give us one freebie per day - because life does happen.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
imm GriMMy wrote:
Yep.
AFK is a different problem. Although it is one that should have a similar solution. They need to develop ways to detect AFKers to boot them and treat it as a quit.

Wanna go AFK? Sure thing! You'll get booted, and eventually a short ban for it. That should be the case.

Don't remove quit bans because of AFKers, instead boot them and ban them.

But I do believe (as you will see if you read many of my previous posts in this thread) that the ban system can be a little more forgiving. Give us one freebie per day - because life does happen.
what people did in halo 3 back in the day when they were exp farming was they would technically be AFK, but they would have either the left or right analog stick taped down
i have a feeling that even if 343 adds a check to boot afk players, people will end up finding a way to get around that solution too.

if they balance matchmaking it would solve alot of issues with quitting in general and it would actually make sense to have a quit ban with balanced matchmaking.
MCC must do this often, then. Almost every game I play I can easily tell who the host is. And I've seen people play perfectly in standby lag. And I've also seen flat out host-booting/DDoSing.
The only time MCC is put on fallback 343 announce it, as they did a week or so ago. The rest of the time matchmaking runs on dedicated servers, so you cannot do these things now.

Also please don't post multiple times in a row. You can edit your last post to add more information
stckrboy wrote:
And I've also seen flat out host-booting/DDoSing.
The rest of the time matchmaking runs on dedicated servers, so you cannot do these things now.
I don't know about host booting, but people are still getting DDoSed.
Becuase of IP masking not being available in MCC right now, but that is being investigated by the team
I understand being banned for ranked but for playing casual?! I just bought MCC first impression are everything and this left me very sour. I play games to have fun and my definition of fun is not me getting dominated 2:30 then leaving the match only to get smacked with a ban. I don’t like it when people quit but I can understand why they quit but I can’t help but feel dirty when I do it. But the thing that really gets me is that I paid $30 for it and on top of that I pay an annual $60 fee for Xbox live if I’m not having fun in a match then I’m going to leave because I paid for the game, especially in casual. I personally do not like the system but that’s my opinion and your welcome to disagree and I understand why I just think it’s a little harsh.
I understand being banned for ranked but for playing casual?! I just bought MCC first impression are everything and this left me very sour. I play games to have fun and my definition of fun is not me getting dominated 2:30 then leaving the match only to get smacked with a ban. I don’t like it when people quit but I can understand why they quit but I can’t help but feel dirty when I do it. But the thing that really gets me is that I paid $30 for it and on top of that I pay an annual $60 fee for Xbox live if I’m not having fun in a match then I’m going to leave because I paid for the game, especially in casual. I personally do not like the system but that’s my opinion and your welcome to disagree and I understand why I just think it’s a little harsh.
Yes this. Casual is for fun. A quit ban makes me quit playing the game. I want to have enjoyment and if I need to quit to get into a better game then I will.
I'll never get this "I don't like being destroyed / my team getting owned, therefore I should be able to leave without any consequences, because this is not fun " argument.
So, apparently a lot of people here have this problem. So, what if the next match is in your favour? Let's say your team is destroying the enemy with a score like 100 to 20. Will you feel the desire to leave the game then too? Will you leave the game, because you feel bad for the other team? I honestly don't think so.
I play this game for fun too, but losing games is part of it. Sometimes you will get destroyed, sometimes you and your team will dominate the game. Some people here just want to leave over and over again, until they find a good team. That's not fair and that's not how it should be.
DaekLaw wrote:
I'll never get this "I don't like being destroyed / my team getting owned, therefore I should be able to leave without any consequences, because this is not fun " argument.
So, apparently a lot of people here have this problem. So, what if the next match is in your favour? Let's say your team is destroying the enemy with a score like 100 to 20. Will you feel the desire to leave the game then too? Will you leave the game, because you feel bad for the other team? I honestly don't think so.
I play this game for fun too, but losing games is part of it. Sometimes you will get destroyed, sometimes you and your team will dominate the game. Some people here just want to leave over and over again, until they find a good team. That's not fair and that's not how it should be.
Ok but this quitting ban has made people just afk.. Why should I be punished for wanting to leave a game where were getting spawn killed while some of my team just afk the whole game?

I had this happened in a btb ctf game the other day and the other team wouldnt cap the last flag so they could spawn kill for like 10 mins
I understand why I was banned for 5 minutes for quitting one game. But when 5 of the 8 players on your team are AFK, and the enemy is camping your spawn. What’s the point in staying?!

A better system needs to be implemented, I rarely quit, only under extreme circumstances, like those above. I know 5 minutes isn’t that long, in fact it was just enough time to gather my thoughts, sign in to waypoint and compose this post, but one quit shouldn’t prevent you from going back in immediately.
I understand why I was banned for 5 minutes for quitting one game. But when 5 of the 8 players on your team are AFK, and the enemy is camping your spawn. What’s the point in staying?!

A better system needs to be implemented, I rarely quit, only under extreme circumstances, like those above. I know 5 minutes isn’t that long, in fact it was just enough time to gather my thoughts, sign in to waypoint and compose this post, but one quit shouldn’t prevent you from going back in immediately.
Hopefully they'll tweak things soon and start banning the afk players too...
Played several games today, Got banned after 1 game as team was crap and 2 went afk as we stood no chance, then played again and was unfair match up in my favour so we were destroying a team so 3 just went AFK which is even worse. Wastes everybody's time, if they want quit let them and move on to next game, sitting there trying to find afk players is pathetic. Could only manage about 4/5 games of the same crap before it got shut down again.
My account is "Shncy Billups". I have been having connecting/ISP issues . I was banned for 16 hours for circumstances out of my control. Issues have since been fixed...Any help would be great.

This post has been hidden.

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 43