Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 43
My account is "Shncy Billups". I have been having connecting/ISP issues . I was banned for 16 hours for circumstances out of my control. Issues have since been fixed...Any help would be great.
if youre having connection issues do not play this game.
its your own fault
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members or make non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter or make non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
imm GriMMy wrote:
Take off the banning system, who ever quits is gonna quit. Is this your way of getting people to play this full games? I dont remember bungie being this desperate in the past. So 433 or 444 whatever you new development go as. Do something about it instead of letting us switch to another game because of the banning system. Lastly, we all put our money and putting our time in this, why cant you guys understand our frustration? Please take off the penalty system.
I know I might run the risk of making a controversial statement but nearly all of my German friends I join up with to rock the MCC on a daily basis—the last remaining two to three dozen old hands from Germany still active to this day since HCE—are of the opinion that it’s been less exhausting and frustrating to play pre-MCCI, simply because there have been less sweaty players around in Social Slayer (to be honest, emotionally, there have been nearly none a year ago; on the contrary, every match used to be quite unhurried and relaxed). Also, we didn’t care all too much about quitting and betraying, too, at least when it came to unranked matches.

Today, a couple of friends of mine and I received short bans because we kept getting booted for whatever reason; and no, none of us (ever really) faced any sort of network connection issues, since any other game just works fine.
All of us play, of course, wired, i.e. via a fiber connection at 150–400 mbps on average, provided by a static IPv4, an MTU of 480, an open NAT, sans packet loss nor weird status code nor anything else unusual going on, and we’re still troubled by many issues regarding exclusively the MCC, such as getting kicked out of matches, encountering freezes during the same turning oneself unable to enter any command, getting kicked out of one’s lobby which then disbands, and many more.

Plus, the host issue still is very annoying to every single one of us, notably me today. In HCE for instance, I know basically no fair duels. And no, I’m not that bad, yet I practically always lose even when I manage to aim better than my opponent which I often do. On some rare occacions, I need 7-8 shots to even trade, it’s pathetic.
An online buddy and I therefore just tested the connection a couple of hours ago within the scope of a custom game on Beaver Creek. In our about 30 encounters, my friend managed to trade multiple times when he should have just died after I three-shotted him successfully. I watched him die, because I managed to kill him faster than he managed to kill me; however, subsequent to his death, his shot still registered at my body and killed me with him. To cut a long story short, his time frame of approx. 0,5 sec enabled him to trade. And that happens in MP, as well, to me and basically anybody from my country I play with reducing our motivation to even turn on the MCC a lot, unfortunately.

So, in a nutshell, connection-wise, none of us German Halo fans of yore I could name would be able to spot a big difference compared to the MCC of the pre-MCCI era. Yeah, we have the match composer now but that’s pretty much the only big improvement we actively profit from.

The population is x-times more toxic and sweaty. Moreover, it is super annoying to always read the very same error message of seemingly idling players when one’s searching for games with a fully lobby. It’s an obsolete feature, because we can watch out for ourselves, such is the overly severe punishment for one single left game. I get betrayed and teabagged all the time nonetheless. It’s okay. That’s Halo. I don’t cry.

Let us just play we used to do. And rather tackle the plethora of bugs and general issues that prevail thitherto in our beloved MCC.

Please, 343i, no more blood shots in the future, no more unregistered melees, no more dying behind obstacles, no more eight-shotting an opponent in HCE and still getting owned within the blink of an eye, especially in case one’s Internet connection per se is impeccable, because all these circumstances severely ruin Halo in MP for all of us.
Its pretty ridiculous to ban players for an extended amount of time for quitting every once & a while.
I've had to quit mostly because of lag & I'm the one who has to wait however long until the ban is lifted??
I think it's a great idea to limit the habitual quitters but poor approach.. Shouldn't players get like 2/day free pass or something like that??
DaekLaw wrote:
I'll never get this "I don't like being destroyed / my team getting owned, therefore I should be able to leave without any consequences, because this is not fun " argument.
So, apparently a lot of people here have this problem. So, what if the next match is in your favour? Let's say your team is destroying the enemy with a score like 100 to 20. Will you feel the desire to leave the game then too? Will you leave the game, because you feel bad for the other team? I honestly don't think so.
I play this game for fun too, but losing games is part of it. Sometimes you will get destroyed, sometimes you and your team will dominate the game. Some people here just want to leave over and over again, until they find a good team. That's not fair and that's not how it should be.
I've actually said before that I'd expect the other team to quit when herculean odds are stacked against them.
Its pretty ridiculous to ban players for an extended amount of time for quitting every once & a while.
I've had to quit mostly because of lag & I'm the one who has to wait however long until the ban is lifted??
I think it's a great idea to limit the habitual quitters but poor approach.. Shouldn't players get like 2/day free pass or something like that??
How are they supposed to know that you quit because of lag when from their perspective it could've been for anything?

They could add in some kind of ping detector and if it goes above a certain amount for a specified amount of time then that could be taken into consideration, but currently there's nothing like that so they have to treat a quit like any other.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
How are they supposed to know that you quit because of lag when from their perspective it could've been for anything?

They could add in some kind of ping detector and if it goes above a certain amount for a specified amount of time then that could be taken into consideration, but currently there's nothing like that so they have to treat a quit like any other.
I was just giving my own example of why I quit. If you'd go on to read, my suggestion offers a solution not only for situations like mine but for everyone. I'm not asking that the writing ban be tailored to my situation here (lol), just better improved.
Thanks for the input tho 👏
My issue seems to be non-nefarious betrayals that lead to being kicked, that lead to a ban. I, and my party play a lot of Grifball, where accidental betrayals are pretty common. Do those betrayals carry over as weight when prompting others to kick in normal slayer/objective game types? Im currently on 40 minutes of an hour long temp ban for an accidental splatter betrayal on h3. Previous to this, I had a lag-out disconnect AS THE MATCH WAS LOADING AND SETTING UP on a H2A map. I was bounced to my xbox home screen and had to reboot MCC to be met with a 15 minute ban. While I enjoy the deterrent to quitters (it is less prevalent now than a few months ago), I feel as though the threshold for implementing bans/escalating bans is too strict.
Got a temp ban for leaving a social H2 match after we started 2v4. I thought that we were allowed to leave if we're on the second half of the leaving side???
iiBloxorz wrote:
Got a temp ban for leaving a social H2 match after we started 2v4. I thought that we were allowed to leave if we're on the second half of the leaving side???
I'm not entirely sure if the system has been implemented properly.

For instance. If the match straight up starts as a 2v4 (with no greyed out names indicating that 4 people actual loaded the match) then it might not work.

Perhaps consider leaving fully detailed specifics about that particular match in the January feedback thread.
Date/time of the match would help them.
Try to look it up in your game history.
worst part about these bans is making the people who dont want to play just sit there idle instead of quitting so i end up betraying them and then i get banned
why on earth should i be banned for killing a person not playing in an unranked playlist;
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Dadddy wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
for unranked games they should just get rid of the whole ban system, maybe keep it in place for ranked but why should anyone be auto banned from a social game for quitting or betraying, ban people from social with the help of feedback system.
i get ddos'd pretty often when i play mcc, how many times can that happen to me before im crucified by your automated system? should i even bother playing right now?
update: crucified after 1 game. seems the only players this system protects are the cheaters. well done 343, another hallmark patch
i get ddos'd pretty often when i play mcc, how many times can that happen to me before im crucified by your automated system? should i even bother playing right now?
update: crucified after 1 game. seems the only players this system protects are the cheaters. well done 343, another hallmark patch
Report legitimate DDoS incidents to Postums.
Quote:
Dear Players who DDOS, I do not want to ban anyone. But after living through bridged hosts and cheaters in the past, I know you don’t deserve to play Halo. I will find you, and I will handle you. For reporting them, please tag me and provide video if possible of cheaters. @343Postums
Quote:
Dear Players who DDOS, I do not want to ban anyone. But after living through bridged hosts and cheaters in the past, I know you don’t deserve to play Halo. I will find you, and I will handle you. For reporting them, please tag me and provide video if possible of cheaters. @343Postums
that would actually do nothing but waste more of my time
<p></p>
Quote:
that would actually do nothing but waste more of my time
<p></p>
Then you're really just part of the problem.
343 is actively saying they are going to deal with cheaters.
If you have legitimate proof of someone cheating and you are not reporting it, then you either:
  1. Don't really care about the game (why are you posting)
  2. Protecting them for some reason
  3. Don't have the proof anyway
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 43