Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 43
stckrboy wrote:
TripOG wrote:
oooooor just ban people by how many reports they get via the built in xbox one report system...
This then becomes open to waaaay too much abuse. Got beef with a player? Just get all your buddies to report them so they get banned. Yeah that's not going to happen
its better than this automated crap that wasnt in the original game.
TripOG wrote:
its better than this automated crap that wasnt in the original game.
It's 100% not.
Sylxeria wrote:
Gomez1992 wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Gomez1992 wrote:
I really enjoy play mcc...... but when a player quits out or dodges. And i have to play a 3 v 4 every game please please allow us to just quit out. KD gets bashed into dust because im farmed for 12 minutes. waste of time and honestly it's what makes me go play other games because of it.
just quit the game, accept the ban and play a different game, or play on an account where you dont care about your stats and just leave your player sitting idle like everyone else.
Yeah i feel yeah man. but still ban is still too intense to me. i get why it's there but still.
Same, it feels like it's just a leftover from the "old" MCC considering its the most brutal and unforgiving system to date; none of the other Halos were this quick to go after players for being idle for a short period of time or having a game where they fell out of it.
To clarify, let's remember what the game was like before 343i returned to working on it after a long absence.

Wasn't very fun was it? The sheer, horrifying amount of quitters and AFKers meant a system like this needed to be in place. What about today? When matches are easier to find, and you're very unlikely to be forced into a Halo you DON'T want to be playing (by simply switching it off)? A system this restrictive is obsolete. It doesn't need to be *this* harsh anymore. It needs to be there yes, but it can stand to relax a little bit.

stckrboy wrote:
TripOG wrote:
oooooor just ban people by how many reports they get via the built in xbox one report system...
This then becomes open to waaaay too much abuse. Got beef with a player? Just get all your buddies to report them so they get banned. Yeah that's not going to happen
Oh man if they had the system work like this.... It'd be so much worse than it is now. ><
funny aside from the launch i felt the previous mcc multiplayer was more enjoyable, i didnt have a problem with afk players or quitters.
stckrboy wrote:
TripOG wrote:
its better than this automated crap that wasnt in the original game.
It's 100% not.
thats up to debate, i never had an issue with the original games and i do have an issue with this game now. to me that means this ban system and the side affects from it are worse.
if someone asked me after the launch bugs were fixed if this game was worth buying for multiplayer alone i would say yes, now i would say no
TripOG wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
TripOG wrote:
its better than this automated crap that wasnt in the original game.
It's 100% not.
thats up to debate, i never had an issue with the original games and i do have an issue with this game now. to me that means this ban system and the side affects from it are worse.
if someone asked me after the launch bugs were fixed if this game was worth buying for multiplayer alone i would say yes, now i would say no
Well then it sucks that you are adversely affected by the AFKers so much.
I'm affected by them too, but i guess not as bad as you are.

I think the general consensus is that the current AFK problem is less bad than the old quitting problem.
But of course opinions and experiences vary.

AFK problem should be addressed, no question. I just don't think removing the ban system is the way to go.
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
TripOG wrote:
its better than this automated crap that wasnt in the original game.
It's 100% not.
thats up to debate, i never had an issue with the original games and i do have an issue with this game now. to me that means this ban system and the side affects from it are worse.
if someone asked me after the launch bugs were fixed if this game was worth buying for multiplayer alone i would say yes, now i would say no
Well then it sucks that you are adversely affected by the AFKers so much.
I'm affected by them too, but i guess not as bad as you are.

I think the general consensus is that the current AFK problem is less bad than the old quitting problem.
But of course opinions and experiences vary.

AFK problem should be addressed, no question. I just don't think removing the ban system is the way to go.
its not just the afk players( although I would much rather have team mates quit than be afk or run around dying just to waste time and avoid a ban), its the betrayal bans too, its so easy to betray someone in halo teammates running into your grenades, a bad grenade, team mates walking in front of you sniping, or spawning in front of you. i once got booted for betraying two team mates because they kept spawning in front of me when i was using the laser, it happens way to often to be punished for stupid crap i cant control. there shouldnt be an additional punishment for crap like this in a social game(imo people voting to boot you is punishment enough), thats the whole reason i dont play ranked because who really cares its a supposed to be a fun game.
But there needs to be a punishment for excessive bad behaviour - especially in social!
Otherwise, people who are pretty good at the game, but also kinda trolls, will go into it and RUIN the experience for all the rest of the people.
AshamanND wrote:
But there needs to be a punishment for excessive bad behaviour - especially in social!
Otherwise, people who are pretty good at the game, but also kinda trolls, will go into it and RUIN the experience for all the rest of the people.
the problem is, this is supposed to be a copy of the original games, if the original game didnt have this system neither should this game. who are you to say because someone is better than you they should be banned from playing? they have probably put more time into the game and played it since the original release years ago. this ban system is ruining my experience and i have played these games since their release on the original consoles. fyi im not a great player but i dont think i should be required to change the way i play, i never had an issue before and its super -Yoink- to have one now because of this system.
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
But there needs to be a punishment for excessive bad behaviour - especially in social!
Otherwise, people who are pretty good at the game, but also kinda trolls, will go into it and RUIN the experience for all the rest of the people.
the problem is, this is supposed to be a copy of the original games, if the original game didnt have this system neither should this game. who are you to say because someone is better than you they should be banned from playing? they have probably put more time into the game and played it since the original release years ago. this ban system is ruining my experience and i have played these games since their release on the original consoles.
I've also played each game when it released.
You misinterpreted my point.

If there is someone who is really good at the game BUT ALSO A TROLL (meaning they go in and betray other players) there should be penalties for that, no?

Secondly, the games are supposed to be 'copies' of the originals, yes, but come on now. So much is different. Playlists, leveling, armor customization. The list could go on and on.
Match Composer is an addition to the series, something that didn't exist in the originals, and I'd say it's a welcome change.
Addition of a ban system is also a good thing - it just needs to be tweaked, no question there.

Plus, there were auto-ban systems in most of the old Halos, right? MCC didn't launch with one (AFAIK) but it should have.
So auto-bans are nothing new. It just needs to be fixed, not turfed.

I don't think you're going to convince me (or many other people) that there should be NO ban system at all.
I don't think there's many here who actually want the Ban System gone entirely. That'd be anarchy and while it'd be fun for some folks for a while, all it'd bring is... Well, chaos. What I think most of us are asking is for the existing system to be reigned in a bit more so it's not laying down punishments left and right, and being more in line with how the other games treated and (for 5 at least) still treat Idling and Quitting.

It feels out of place to have the MCC boot players for being idle during a potentially long search queue *and* issue matchmaking bans *per quit* while Halo 5 gives you at least a little bit of breathing space with these things and doesn't boot you in-lobby. If MCC's going to be draconian about it, then Halo 5 should too - or in reverse, if Halo 5's going to be "Tough but Fair" then the MCC should adopt a similar system. Yes, there'll be people who quit "because reasons" and they won't get penalized - for the first quit anyway - but it'll also mean that guy who just happened to get unlucky with his router won't get penalized either. Increasing that breathing room most likely won't be sending the game into chaos by doing so.

But that's just me of course, and my opinions. ^^ Having the two current Halo games both use the same (or at least a very similar) system and method would be preferable to having one be far more strict and unforgiving while the other's less so.
Sylxeria wrote:
I don't think there's many here who actually want the Ban System gone entirely. That'd be anarchy and while it'd be fun for some folks for a while, all it'd bring is... Well, chaos. What I think most of us are asking is for the existing system to be reigned in a bit more so it's not laying down punishments left and right, and being more in line with how the other games treated and (for 5 at least) still treat Idling and Quitting.

It feels out of place to have the MCC boot players for being idle during a potentially long search queue *and* issue matchmaking bans *per quit* while Halo 5 gives you at least a little bit of breathing space with these things and doesn't boot you in-lobby. If MCC's going to be draconian about it, then Halo 5 should too - or in reverse, if Halo 5's going to be "Tough but Fair" then the MCC should adopt a similar system. Yes, there'll be people who quit "because reasons" and they won't get penalized - for the first quit anyway - but it'll also mean that guy who just happened to get unlucky with his router won't get penalized either. Increasing that breathing room most likely won't be sending the game into chaos by doing so.

But that's just me of course, and my opinions. ^^
100% agree.
I just keep getting the impression that TripOG is saying to get rid of the ban system, 'because it's broken' - rather than saying the ban system should be fixed.

My interpretation of his comments were: " Don't keep it and wait until it's fixed. Get rid of it RIGHT NOW, then maybe bring it back when 343 figures out all the little tiny details we want implemented in it."

I disagree that that would be the right approach.
And I totally understand if Trip's current experience is worse off than before and respect that.
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
But there needs to be a punishment for excessive bad behaviour - especially in social!
Otherwise, people who are pretty good at the game, but also kinda trolls, will go into it and RUIN the experience for all the rest of the people.
the problem is, this is supposed to be a copy of the original games, if the original game didnt have this system neither should this game. who are you to say because someone is better than you they should be banned from playing? they have probably put more time into the game and played it since the original release years ago. this ban system is ruining my experience and i have played these games since their release on the original consoles.
I've also played each game when it released.
You misinterpreted my point.

If there is someone who is really good at the game BUT ALSO A TROLL (meaning they go in and betray other players) there should be penalties for that, no?

Secondly, the games are supposed to be 'copies' of the originals, yes, but come on now. So much is different. Playlists, leveling, armor customization. The list could go on and on.
Match Composer is an addition to the series, something that didn't exist in the originals, and I'd say it's a welcome change.
Addition of a ban system is also a good thing - it just needs to be tweaked, no question there.

Plus, there were auto-ban systems in most of the old Halos, right? MCC didn't launch with one (AFAIK) but it should have.
So auto-bans are nothing new. It just needs to be fixed, not turfed.

I don't think you're going to convince me (or many other people) that there should be NO ban system at all.
okay go back to the original ban system then, i for one have rarely experienced a troll who just went into games to ruin everything for everyone and if they did you know what they usually got booted out of the game that is good enough. you'll never convince me that this ban system is justified, for the first time in years i have been playing different games because of it and to me that is sad because halo was basically the only game i used my xbox for. i might as well just use a firetv now for prime and hbo and skip video games. fwiw i have only had a few five or 10 minute bans but that to me is just ridic because for one most of the bans were from quitting a game where everyone is afk which is a problem 343 introduced with the stupid auto matchmaking(god forbid we have to hit a to rejoin) and then they had to make it worse by punishing people for quitting. i have no idea how many multiplayer games i have played over all these years but i know i have played enough and quit so little that for me to now be punished for quitting a match here and there is completely ridiculous.
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
But there needs to be a punishment for excessive bad behaviour - especially in social!
Otherwise, people who are pretty good at the game, but also kinda trolls, will go into it and RUIN the experience for all the rest of the people.
the problem is, this is supposed to be a copy of the original games, if the original game didnt have this system neither should this game. who are you to say because someone is better than you they should be banned from playing? they have probably put more time into the game and played it since the original release years ago. this ban system is ruining my experience and i have played these games since their release on the original consoles.
I've also played each game when it released.
You misinterpreted my point.

If there is someone who is really good at the game BUT ALSO A TROLL (meaning they go in and betray other players) there should be penalties for that, no?

Secondly, the games are supposed to be 'copies' of the originals, yes, but come on now. So much is different. Playlists, leveling, armor customization. The list could go on and on.
Match Composer is an addition to the series, something that didn't exist in the originals, and I'd say it's a welcome change.
Addition of a ban system is also a good thing - it just needs to be tweaked, no question there.

Plus, there were auto-ban systems in most of the old Halos, right? MCC didn't launch with one (AFAIK) but it should have.
So auto-bans are nothing new. It just needs to be fixed, not turfed.

I don't think you're going to convince me (or many other people) that there should be NO ban system at all.
okay go back to the original ban system then, i for one have rarely experienced a troll who just went into games to ruin everything for everyone and if they did you know what they usually got booted out of the game that is good enough. you'll never convince me that this ban system is justified, for the first time in years i have been playing different games because of it and to me that is sad because halo was basically the only game i used my xbox for. i might as well just use a firetv now for prime and hbo and skip video games. fwiw i have only had a few five or 10 minute bans but that to me is just ridic because for one most of the bans were from quitting a game where everyone is afk which is a problem 343 introduced with the stupid auto matchmaking(god forbid we have to hit a to rejoin) and then they had to make it worse by punishing people for quitting. i have no idea how many multiplayer games i have played over all these years but i know i have played enough and quit so little that for me to now be punished for quitting a match here and there is completely ridiculous.
I've never said that this current ban system is justified - in it's entirety.

It sounds like maybe you and I are actually on the same page.

Because I think a ban system should exist, but the current one needs to change.

As mentioned in my last post to Sylxeria - I don't think the right way to approach this current situation would be to remove the current ban system altogether immediately.

It should be tweaked, not scrapped. Just because it's flawed, does not mean we should go back to living in a ban vacuum.
remove auto-queue. its not a good idea for halo. its meant for games where you can come and go as you please like call of duty. not here where you now get time banned for it. its just bad game design
remove auto-queue. its not a good idea for halo. its meant for games where you can come and go as you please like call of duty. not here where you now get time banned for it. its just bad game design
Stuff like this is better suited for the existing pinned feedback threads, thanks
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
But there needs to be a punishment for excessive bad behaviour - especially in social!
Otherwise, people who are pretty good at the game, but also kinda trolls, will go into it and RUIN the experience for all the rest of the people.
the problem is, this is supposed to be a copy of the original games, if the original game didnt have this system neither should this game. who are you to say because someone is better than you they should be banned from playing? they have probably put more time into the game and played it since the original release years ago. this ban system is ruining my experience and i have played these games since their release on the original consoles.
I've also played each game when it released.
You misinterpreted my point.

If there is someone who is really good at the game BUT ALSO A TROLL (meaning they go in and betray other players) there should be penalties for that, no?

Secondly, the games are supposed to be 'copies' of the originals, yes, but come on now. So much is different. Playlists, leveling, armor customization. The list could go on and on.
Match Composer is an addition to the series, something that didn't exist in the originals, and I'd say it's a welcome change.
Addition of a ban system is also a good thing - it just needs to be tweaked, no question there.

Plus, there were auto-ban systems in most of the old Halos, right? MCC didn't launch with one (AFAIK) but it should have.
So auto-bans are nothing new. It just needs to be fixed, not turfed.

I don't think you're going to convince me (or many other people) that there should be NO ban system at all.
okay go back to the original ban system then, i for one have rarely experienced a troll who just went into games to ruin everything for everyone and if they did you know what they usually got booted out of the game that is good enough. you'll never convince me that this ban system is justified, for the first time in years i have been playing different games because of it and to me that is sad because halo was basically the only game i used my xbox for. i might as well just use a firetv now for prime and hbo and skip video games. fwiw i have only had a few five or 10 minute bans but that to me is just ridic because for one most of the bans were from quitting a game where everyone is afk which is a problem 343 introduced with the stupid auto matchmaking(god forbid we have to hit a to rejoin) and then they had to make it worse by punishing people for quitting. i have no idea how many multiplayer games i have played over all these years but i know i have played enough and quit so little that for me to now be punished for quitting a match here and there is completely ridiculous.
I've never said that this current ban system is justified - in it's entirety.

It sounds like maybe you and I are actually on the same page.

Because I think a ban system should exist, but the current one needs to change.

As mentioned in my last post to Sylxeria - I don't think the right way to approach this current situation would be to remove the current ban system altogether immediately.

It should be tweaked, not scrapped. Just because it's flawed, does not mean we should go back to living in a ban vacuum.
its simple they should implement whatever was in the original game, dont fix what isnt broken. I hate to be one of those people but i really have second thoughts every time i consider playing and most of the time i end up reading instead. this ban system has really ruined the game for me, its not like i even get banned much but its such a negative downer experience to think that a game i have played since it came out in 2001 all of the sudden thinks im too toxic to play and deserve a ban.
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
But there needs to be a punishment for excessive bad behaviour - especially in social!
Otherwise, people who are pretty good at the game, but also kinda trolls, will go into it and RUIN the experience for all the rest of the people.
the problem is, this is supposed to be a copy of the original games, if the original game didnt have this system neither should this game. who are you to say because someone is better than you they should be banned from playing? they have probably put more time into the game and played it since the original release years ago. this ban system is ruining my experience and i have played these games since their release on the original consoles.
I've also played each game when it released.
You misinterpreted my point.

If there is someone who is really good at the game BUT ALSO A TROLL (meaning they go in and betray other players) there should be penalties for that, no?

Secondly, the games are supposed to be 'copies' of the originals, yes, but come on now. So much is different. Playlists, leveling, armor customization. The list could go on and on.
Match Composer is an addition to the series, something that didn't exist in the originals, and I'd say it's a welcome change.
Addition of a ban system is also a good thing - it just needs to be tweaked, no question there.

Plus, there were auto-ban systems in most of the old Halos, right? MCC didn't launch with one (AFAIK) but it should have.
So auto-bans are nothing new. It just needs to be fixed, not turfed.

I don't think you're going to convince me (or many other people) that there should be NO ban system at all.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
its simple they should implement whatever was in the original game, dont fix what isnt broken. I hate to be one of those people but i really have second thoughts every time i consider playing and most of the time i end up reading instead. this ban system has really ruined the game for me, its not like i even get banned much but its such a negative downer experience to think that a game i have played since it came out in 2001 all of the sudden thinks im too toxic to play and deserve a ban.
Maybe it's an option to go back to the original games' ban systems - but I'm sure it's not quite as simple. The coding is different, for one, as are the network systems.
And I'm not convinced those system were perfect anyhow - why not do better?

Anyhow, even if they decided to go back to the original systems, I'd still be in favour of 343 keeping the current system active until the 'new/old' system is ready and the switch can be flipped.

The main point I'm trying to make is that going to a 'no-ban' system, for any period of time, would be a wrong move.
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
But there needs to be a punishment for excessive bad behaviour - especially in social!
Otherwise, people who are pretty good at the game, but also kinda trolls, will go into it and RUIN the experience for all the rest of the people.
the problem is, this is supposed to be a copy of the original games, if the original game didnt have this system neither should this game. who are you to say because someone is better than you they should be banned from playing? they have probably put more time into the game and played it since the original release years ago. this ban system is ruining my experience and i have played these games since their release on the original consoles.
I've also played each game when it released.
You misinterpreted my point.

If there is someone who is really good at the game BUT ALSO A TROLL (meaning they go in and betray other players) there should be penalties for that, no?

Secondly, the games are supposed to be 'copies' of the originals, yes, but come on now. So much is different. Playlists, leveling, armor customization. The list could go on and on.
Match Composer is an addition to the series, something that didn't exist in the originals, and I'd say it's a welcome change.
Addition of a ban system is also a good thing - it just needs to be tweaked, no question there.

Plus, there were auto-ban systems in most of the old Halos, right? MCC didn't launch with one (AFAIK) but it should have.
So auto-bans are nothing new. It just needs to be fixed, not turfed.

I don't think you're going to convince me (or many other people) that there should be NO ban system at all.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
its simple they should implement whatever was in the original game, dont fix what isnt broken. I hate to be one of those people but i really have second thoughts every time i consider playing and most of the time i end up reading instead. this ban system has really ruined the game for me, its not like i even get banned much but its such a negative downer experience to think that a game i have played since it came out in 2001 all of the sudden thinks im too toxic to play and deserve a ban.
Maybe it's an option to go back to the original games' ban systems - but I'm sure it's not quite as simple. The coding is different, for one, as are the network systems.
And I'm not convinced those system were perfect anyhow - why not do better?

Anyhow, even if they decided to go back to the original systems, I'd still be in favour of 343 keeping the current system active until the 'new/old' system is ready and the switch can be flipped.

The main point I'm trying to make is that going to a 'no-ban' system, for any period of time, would be a wrong move.
it may not be simple but i mean they kind of accepted that when they agreed to make this game. i dont think they could do better than the original sense i mean thats how the game was made. if they want to tinker and experiment with things they think may be better they should do it on betas of future products. i bought halo mcc so i could replay the original games on the xbox one. yes i know they changed things like the graphics and crap like that but the mechanics were supposed to be the same and i would consider a ban system part of the mechanics. im sure theres a ton of other broken things that may affect most other people more than this but as a life long halo multiplayer player this is my number 1 complaint on halo mcc.
Gotcha.

I'm not deathly opposed to the OG ban systems.

I'm just deathly opposed to a 'no-ban' system.

Cheers.
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
TripOG wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
But there needs to be a punishment for excessive bad behaviour - especially in social!
Otherwise, people who are pretty good at the game, but also kinda trolls, will go into it and RUIN the experience for all the rest of the people.
the problem is, this is supposed to be a copy of the original games, if the original game didnt have this system neither should this game. who are you to say because someone is better than you they should be banned from playing? they have probably put more time into the game and played it since the original release years ago. this ban system is ruining my experience and i have played these games since their release on the original consoles.
I've also played each game when it released.
You misinterpreted my point.

If there is someone who is really good at the game BUT ALSO A TROLL (meaning they go in and betray other players) there should be penalties for that, no?

Secondly, the games are supposed to be 'copies' of the originals, yes, but come on now. So much is different. Playlists, leveling, armor customization. The list could go on and on.
Match Composer is an addition to the series, something that didn't exist in the originals, and I'd say it's a welcome change.
Addition of a ban system is also a good thing - it just needs to be tweaked, no question there.

Plus, there were auto-ban systems in most of the old Halos, right? MCC didn't launch with one (AFAIK) but it should have.
So auto-bans are nothing new. It just needs to be fixed, not turfed.

I don't think you're going to convince me (or many other people) that there should be NO ban system at all.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
its simple they should implement whatever was in the original game, dont fix what isnt broken. I hate to be one of those people but i really have second thoughts every time i consider playing and most of the time i end up reading instead. this ban system has really ruined the game for me, its not like i even get banned much but its such a negative downer experience to think that a game i have played since it came out in 2001 all of the sudden thinks im too toxic to play and deserve a ban.
Maybe it's an option to go back to the original games' ban systems - but I'm sure it's not quite as simple. The coding is different, for one, as are the network systems.
And I'm not convinced those system were perfect anyhow - why not do better?

Anyhow, even if they decided to go back to the original systems, I'd still be in favour of 343 keeping the current system active until the 'new/old' system is ready and the switch can be flipped.

The main point I'm trying to make is that going to a 'no-ban' system, for any period of time, would be a wrong move.
it may not be simple but i mean they kind of accepted that when they agreed to make this game. i dont think they could do better than the original sense i mean thats how the game was made. if they want to tinker and experiment with things they think may be better they should do it on betas of future products. i bought halo mcc so i could replay the original games on the xbox one. yes i know they changed things like the graphics and crap like that but the mechanics were supposed to be the same and i would consider a ban system part of the mechanics. im sure theres a ton of other broken things that may affect most other people more than this but as a life long halo multiplayer player this is my number 1 complaint on halo mcc.
The other thing is that this overly strict system is unique to the MCC. Halo 5's is completely different, and the one I much prefer to what's in the MCC right now. Which is why I kind of feel that the strictness is just a leftover from the old ways of things where there was rampant quitting because Avalanche didn't get picked.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 43