OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. ...
  7. 25
There needs to be an auto boot for afkers.
Then JIP to replace them>?
AshamanND wrote:
In social? Ideally. However, even if JIP wasn't implemented, it would be better to boot AFKers from game than let them stay. An AFK player is just free kills for the enemy team; if they were booted, the affected team would still be disadvantaged but at least they wouldn't be feeding free kills to the opponents.
Chimera30 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
In social? Ideally. However, even if JIP wasn't implemented, it would be better to boot AFKers from game than let them stay. An AFK player is just free kills for the enemy team; if they were booted, the affected team would still be disadvantaged but at least they wouldn't be feeding free kills to the opponents.
You’re also affected by this afker and spawn by them at the worst spot such as blue room/bottom lift on lockout.
This new ban system is pretty ridiculous. I play BTB pretty regularly when I’m in the mood for the social games. I’m not one to quit regularly, but there have been games where I either my teammates are killing each other or most of the team quits on a dime because they’re in the same party & I’ll admit to quitting to find a better game. With these five minute bans or more starting on the first offense, it discourages me to play MCC from here on out. I did have a game just now where 5 of the 8 on my team quit at once (probably in one party) and I was penalized for trying to find a more competitive game so I’m not sure if the “half the team quits” argument is valid.

The system should go back to how it was. If you want to maleness the quitting system work, 343 should work with Xbox a bit more and take the player reporting system more seriously. When I have to report two people per match on average for quitting early, that should be taken into consideration on who makes quitting a habit and then ban appropriately & efficiently.
This new ban system is pretty ridiculous. I play BTB pretty regularly when I’m in the mood for the social games. I’m not one to quit regularly, but there have been games where I either my teammates are killing each other or most of the team quits on a dime because they’re in the same party & I’ll admit to quitting to find a better game. With these five minute bans or more starting on the first offense, it discourages me to play MCC from here on out. I did have a game just now where 5 of the 8 on my team quit at once (probably in one party) and I was penalized for trying to find a more competitive game so I’m not sure if the “half the team quits” argument is valid.

The system should go back to how it was. If you want to maleness the quitting system work, 343 should work with Xbox a bit more and take the player reporting system more seriously. When I have to report two people per match on average for quitting early, that should be taken into consideration on who makes quitting a habit and then ban appropriately & efficiently.
I've quit a match after half my team quit and I didn't receive a ban.
Not sure what happened for you. =(

[EDIT]I just played some BTB.
The match started 8v6.
It was a slaughter.
2 players quit, making it 8v4.

I quit, and received a ban
Here's the clip
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=AshamanND#ugc_halo-the-master-chief-collection_xbox-one_gameclip_AshamanND_534c779c-9f8c-4e9d-9a62-be21c8e61eae
What an ugly system they have, I dare say that I love to play halo 5 in multiplayer but it's the second time I'm banned for no reason, you're supposed to be banned if you leave games I never leave the games I always finish them and when I leave is when the game ends and start looking for another team now it's been two days that I can not play and apart from that I just said it was because I was not subscribed to gold they made me spend money foolishly and it's the the second time I get in touch with you and can not give me a specific answer, I want you to tell me how I see how much time I am going to be inactive and how I have to leave the games so that this does not happen in advance. thank you and I hope you can solve this problem that is too annoying
What an ugly system they have, I dare say that I love to play halo 5 in multiplayer but it's the second time I'm banned for no reason, you're supposed to be banned if you leave games I never leave the games I always finish them and when I leave is when the game ends and start looking for another team now it's been two days that I can not play and apart from that I just said it was because I was not subscribed to gold they made me spend money foolishly and it's the the second time I get in touch with you and can not give me a specific answer, I want you to tell me how I see how much time I am going to be inactive and how I have to leave the games so that this does not happen in advance. thank you and I hope you can solve this problem that is too annoying
You're looking for this thread if it's an enquiry about Halo 5, as I mentioned in your last topic
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/the-official-halo-5-why-was-i-banned-thread/19fa6556-e0b1-4248-b817-b3a99d0af5bf/posts
Ban system is trash. Half your team quits or doesn’t know how to play, other team won’t play and end game just racking up kills at spawn, 15 minutes left, quit and adds to ban time. Shouldn’t be penalized for leaving games with afk players, betrayers, or quitters on team. Call of duty took care of this years ago with modern warfare 2.
Ban system is trash. Half your team quits or doesn’t know how to play, other team won’t play and end game just racking up kills at spawn, 15 minutes left, quit and adds to ban time. Shouldn’t be penalized for leaving games with afk players, betrayers, or quitters on team. Call of duty took care of this years ago with modern warfare 2.
I just don't think there needs to be a ban system in social games. Ranked sure, but not social.
Can betrayers who get booted for betraying get some extra time on their ban please? Or if the game was less than half of the players left in the game, then give them a ban. Nothing too major, but I think they should get something extra because they're quitting which causes the team to be a player down and they were causing problems in the game. Obviously, there may be some innocents that get booted like the H3 glitch for example, but I feel like this will affect the ones that purposely betray more than someone who gets an accidental betrayal boot.

For example, if it's their first "quit" because it was for betrayals, then instead of the 5 minutes like you would normally get, give them an extra 5 minutes added to that so it's a 10 minute ban instead or whatever time you deem fit for betrayal booting quits.
I'm just gonna post this my first game of today here. These scenario's happen waaaaaay to often and I am really getting frustrated over this. I enjoy this game more than Halo 5 but if this trend continues on with MCC, then it won't last long before I quit both multiplayers.

343 is it too much to ask for a BALANCED matchmaking system? Is it that hard?

(Won't name gamertags in this summary of the carnage report but their competitive ranks and overall k/d in multiplayer should say enough.............................)

Social Slayer on H3 Guardian: Red team won....

Red: Score/Kills - Deaths - Competitive rank - Overall k/d in multiplayer
1) 16 - 0 - H3 Arena 22 - 19.266/13.010 1.48
2) 13 - 3 - H3 Hardcore 21 - 24.896/16.961 1.47
3) 11 - 2 - H3 Hardcore 33 - 33.468/24.775 1.35
4) 10 - 6 - No Rank - 1.030/1.136 0.90

Blue:
1) 3 - 12 - No Rank - 869/1.559 0.56
2) 3 - 12 - No Rank - 1.641/1.415 1.16
3) 2 - 16 - H3 Arena 13 - 5.634/4.921 1.14
4) ME 1 - 12 - No Rank - 4.398/5.034 0.87

And this is just the tip of the iceberg for me. My k/d has been physically harrassed and left to rot in a dark alley where only the worst of the Halo community roams for easy targets to defile with their toxic strategies.

And players still wonder why others quit or afk...
I'm just gonna post this my first game of today here. These scenario's happen waaaaaay to often and I am really getting frustrated over this. I enjoy this game more than Halo 5 but if this trend continues on with MCC, then it won't last long before I quit both multiplayers.

343 is it too much to ask for a BALANCED matchmaking system? Is it that hard?

(Won't name gamertags in this summary of the carnage report but their competitive ranks and overall k/d in multiplayer should say enough.............................)

Social Slayer on H3 Guardian: Red team won....

Red: Score/Kills - Deaths - Competitive rank - Overall k/d in multiplayer
1) 16 - 0 - H3 Arena 22 - 19.266/13.010 1.48
2) 13 - 3 - H3 Hardcore 21 - 24.896/16.961 1.47
3) 11 - 2 - H3 Hardcore 33 - 33.468/24.775 1.35
4) 10 - 6 - No Rank - 1.030/1.136 0.90

Blue:
1) 3 - 12 - No Rank - 869/1.559 0.56
2) 3 - 12 - No Rank - 1.641/1.415 1.16
3) 2 - 16 - H3 Arena 13 - 5.634/4.921 1.14
4) ME 1 - 12 - No Rank - 4.398/5.034 0.87

And this is just the tip of the iceberg for me. My k/d has been physically harrassed and left to rot in a dark alley where only the worst of the Halo community roams for easy targets to defile with their toxic strategies.

And players still wonder why others quit or afk...
You said you were playing social? If you want balanced matchmaking, ranked will be your best bet. In a perfect world, social would also be balanced every game, but it prioritizes finding matches as fast as possible for everyone, so skill can take a backseat. Especially for the high skilled player who might otherwise not be able to find a match.

But then, if you’re playing social, does K/D really matter all that much?
Quote:
You said you were playing social? If you want balanced matchmaking, ranked will be your best bet. In a perfect world, social would also be balanced every game, but it prioritizes finding matches as fast as possible for everyone, so skill can take a backseat. Especially for the high skilled player who might otherwise not be able to find a match.But then, if you’re playing social, does K/D really matter all that much?
Wow so that's how matchmaking is supposed to work in social?
Please that just sounds like a lame excuse for high players to stack teams and bulldoze the noob enemy team. What's the point for the other low skilled team to play with such a skill gap? There is none. How is it that hard to equally divide the skilled players over both teams?
And if they still want to stack skilled players then do that in frickin ranked, where it belongs.....

And why not make an system like Halo 5 where you can choose your own way of searching teams, like balanced, expanded and standard?
It should work with the amount of players on the MCC now.

And the k/d thing was just to show how frustrating it feels, but yeah it matters to me, for my own satisfaction after completing a game.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Can betrayers who get booted for betraying get some extra time on their ban please? Or if the game was less than half of the players left in the game, then give them a ban. Nothing too major, but I think they should get something extra because they're quitting which causes the team to be a player down and they were causing problems in the game. Obviously, there may be some innocents that get booted like the H3 glitch for example, but I feel like this will affect the ones that purposely betray more than someone who gets an accidental betrayal boot.

For example, if it's their first "quit" because it was for betrayals, then instead of the 5 minutes like you would normally get, give them an extra 5 minutes added to that so it's a 10 minute ban instead or whatever time you deem fit for betrayal booting quits.
thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever read. I played halo mcc today for the first time, i have played all the original halos and i was booted and banned for accidentally betraying two teammates with one grenade. I forgot to change the buttons so instead of beating down i threw a grenade. The previous games never banned you for something so dumb, i thought this game was supposed to use the original game mechanics. so disappointed, I can return the xbox but i cant return the stupid video game.
Quote:
You said you were playing social? If you want balanced matchmaking, ranked will be your best bet. In a perfect world, social would also be balanced every game, but it prioritizes finding matches as fast as possible for everyone, so skill can take a backseat. Especially for the high skilled player who might otherwise not be able to find a match.But then, if you’re playing social, does K/D really matter all that much?
Wow so that's how matchmaking is supposed to work in social?
Please that just sounds like a lame excuse for high players to stack teams and bulldoze the noob enemy team. What's the point for the other low skilled team to play with such a skill gap? There is none. How is it that hard to equally divide the skilled players over both teams?
And if they still want to stack skilled players then do that in frickin ranked, where it belongs.....

And why not make an system like Halo 5 where you can choose your own way of searching teams, like balanced, expanded and standard?
It should work with the amount of players on the MCC now.

And the k/d thing was just to show how frustrating it feels, but yeah it matters to me, for my own satisfaction after completing a game.
be happy you got to play, i was banned after my first halo master chief collection game.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever read. I played halo mcc today for the first time, i have played all the original halos and i was booted and banned for accidentally betraying two teammates with one grenade. I forgot to change the buttons so instead of beating down i threw a grenade. The previous games never banned you for something so dumb, i thought this game was supposed to use the original game mechanics. so disappointed, I can return the xbox but i cant return the stupid video game.
You need to rack up three betrayals in a match in order to be booted - so you must've killed another teammate as well.
thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever read. The previous games never banned you for something so dumb, i thought this game was supposed to use the original game mechanics. so disappointed, I can return the xbox but i cant return the stupid video game.
Well lucky for me, you're not in charge of the decision making. They try to replicate the original games as much as they can even though two of them aren't even the original console games, but that doesn't mean it has to be exactly like it was back in the day and the user experience can affect that. For example, they recently disabled the infinite sudden death in H2 objective modes because people could exploit that to stat pad on people or do other unsportsmanlike things despite that feature being enabled in the original game. Too many people were quitting games for whatever reason causing an unfavorable matchmaking experience so the bans were enabled. Your ban would've only been 5 minutes if it was your first so it's not like you couldn't play after that and it gets reset after 24 hours. If that bothers you so much, then you're probably better off playing something else instead.
AshamanND wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:

You need to rack up three betrayals in a match in order to be booted - so you must've killed another teammate as well.
not that i am aware of.

LUKEPOWA wrote:
thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever read. The previous games never banned you for something so dumb, i thought this game was supposed to use the original game mechanics. so disappointed, I can return the xbox but i cant return the stupid video game.
Well lucky for me, you're not in charge of the decision making. They try to replicate the original games as much as they can even though two of them aren't even the original console games, but that doesn't mean it has to be exactly like it was back in the day and the user experience can affect that. For example, they recently disabled the infinite sudden death in H2 objective modes because people could exploit that to stat pad on people or do other unsportsmanlike things despite that feature being enabled in the original game. Too many people were quitting games for whatever reason causing an unfavorable matchmaking experience so the bans were enabled. Your ban would've only been 5 minutes if it was your first so it's not like you couldn't play after that and it gets reset after 24 hours. If that bothers you so much, then you're probably better off playing something else instead.
a 5 minute ban is too long for something that you wouldn't be banned for in the original games. I probably will just return the xbox and hope a different studio takes over halo in the future, maybe ill try it again then.
a 5 minute ban is too long for something that you wouldn't be banned for in the original games. I probably will just return the xbox and hope a different studio takes over halo in the future, maybe ill try it again then.
A valid criticism, but they've seen positive results from implementing it in the quote below. You're likely going to be waiting a very long time hoping another studio takes over since 343 was formed to continue making Halo. Halo Infinite is likely guaranteed to have quit bans and then you'll probably have to wait another 3 or 4 years for a game after that assuming they don't do any spinoffs.

Quote:
Since the Publishing team enacted the new automated quit ban system in MCC, they are pleased to see a global reduction in quits by around 50%. The team is also seeing an increase in games played and time played in matchmade games. They are continuing to listen to feedback from the community and are working to find ways to improve the system in several ways.
Link.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
A valid criticism, but they've seen positive results from implementing it in the quote below. You're likely going to be waiting a very long time hoping another studio takes over since 343 was formed to continue making Halo. Halo Infinite is likely guaranteed to have quit bans and then you'll probably have to wait another 3 or 4 years for a game after that assuming they don't do any spinoffs.

Quote:
Since the Publishing team enacted the new automated quit ban system in MCC, they are pleased to see a global reduction in quits by around 50%. The team is also seeing an increase in games played and time played in matchmade games. They are continuing to listen to feedback from the community and are working to find ways to improve the system in several ways.
Link.
I would like to see the stats on afk'ers along with that. My guess is that's risen.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. ...
  7. 25