Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 51
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.

Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.
Spoiler:
Show
This is a forum for games, not politics.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm happy that this thread exists, because this topic is clearly one of the most talked about in MCC right now.
It's unfortunate that so many people (or a few who make alternate accounts) don't take it seriously enough to provide feedback in a constructive matter.

All of our voices should be heard, and the way to make sure they are heard is by following the forums rules and then posting your thoughts/suggestions about issues.

My personal suggestion is that we all get 1 free quit per day (among a few other ideas I've previously mentioned).
I've posted my thoughts about the ban system several times in this thread, and I've always stuck to my argument that it's currently not perfect, and needs adjustment.

Big thanks to the forum moderators for helping to keep this a constructive dialogue about an important and divisive issue in the game.

For those of you who love to hate - I feel your frustration. I just hope you learn to express it in a constructive way.
I literally don’t play halo 5 or any halo anymore because of this ban system. It’s the sole reason I don’t play. I love the game and so do all my friends but we constantly have one of us lagging out due to this games poor execution. We all use Ethernet connections with at least 80 mbs download speeds and yet one of us always lags out an then is met with a swift ban. Then after that the rest of us just leave to pick him back up and of course we get banned as well. This is the only reason we refuse to play the game anymore and it sucks cause I used to no life halo
Left at the end point of a ctf match on the Social Playlist and now have a 12hr ban.
System is a bit of a joke is it not?
Why even have a leave button if you have to step away from a game, a non ranked one at that.
Left at the end point of a ctf match on the Social Playlist and now have a 12hr ban.
Why even have a leave button if you have to step away from a game, a non ranked one at that.
If you got a 12 hour ban, you quit multiple times before that. If you are habitually quitting, you are impacting the game for everyone else. If it was the end of the game, just stay and finish the match next time.
If you got a 12 hour ban, you quit multiple times before that. If you are habitually quitting, you are impacting the game for everyone else. If it was the end of the game, just stay and finish the match next time.
Replay MCC after 3 years. Play online for first time in a long time. No space yet for a habit to form. Leave due to a commitment. Find out I am banned. Uninstall. Priceless.
Replay MCC after 3 years. Play online for first time in a long time. No space yet for a habit to form. Leave due to a commitment. Find out I am banned. Uninstall. Priceless.
So you started a match you knew you couldn't finish? That is a horrible thing to do to the other people in that match.
Spoiler:
Show
So you started a match you knew you couldn't finish? That is a horrible thing to do to the other people in that match.
“That is a horrible thing to do to the other people in that match”

So...with all due respect, we’re expected to put a game over real life? Oh okay, makes sense.

So...with all due respect, we’re expected to put a game over real life? Oh okay, makes sense.
No, you can quit. But if you quit, you should understand there are consequences. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

No, you can quit. But if you quit, you should understand there are consequences. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Oh of course. Certainly there should be consequences. But I was more so referring to how he’s saying how “horrible” it is to quit from the game. Horrible isn’t the word I’d use when referring to quitting from a game, you know what I mean? Many people agree that there should be consequences, but instantaneous bans are what people are angry about.

Oh of course. Certainly there should be consequences. But I was more so referring to how he’s saying how “horrible” it is to quit from the game. Horrible isn’t the word I’d use when referring to quitting from a game, you know what I mean? Many people agree that there should be consequences, but instantaneous bans are what people are angry about.
In the particular instance, Comedy quoted someone who admitted to starting a match they knew they weren't going to finish. I'd tend to agree that it's a pretty terrible thing to do to teammates.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 51