Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 39
Yea I quit one game because my entire team was getting spawn killed in Halo 2 with snipers and vehicles. Ctf goes for so many rounds I just wanted out. Boom. 7 hour ban. My first ever leaving a game early so I don’t know what this is about not getting banned for leaving one game. Very cool 343, thanks.
This ban system is pretty ridiculous considering if you get one disconnect you’re temporarily banned. There have been days where I’ve gotten multiple disconnects. They STILL count as quitting. They STILL get you banned and this has been a problem for years.
This also seems stupid because now if there’s a match that is just not worth playing, ie with betraying teammates, bad teammates, etc. the best option is just to walk away and not play for eight-ten minutes. Quitting team members is annoying but this is a terrible solution, I notice how the OP addresses many topics EXCEPT getting disconnected. How convenient.
Im at the point now where I've literally given up hope on Halo, I used to play super competitively but disappointment after disappointment I just cant bring myself to try in games anymore because the matchmaking for solo players is so unfair.

343 has literally beat the competitive spirit out of me
You remove team doubles which was the only playlist that I could enjoy solo not that i even enjoyed doubles i just liked not having 3 other people to bring me down.

Now im forced to play team Arena, and constantly match people searching in threes to deliberately beat on people searching 2s and solo.
And instead of quitting and possibly finding a new game with new players im forced to play the entire game, leave the lobby, queue up only to match the same exact people again.

Im literally being punished for playing matchmaking.

MCC already has a population problem 343 you really think giving people a 16 hour ban is going to help the matter?

This quit ban literally does nothing but skew teams even more people just AFK now
you guys havent solved anything.
New Styles
Playing any ranked playlist (other than FFA) solo was also a chore. It's really no different now.

[EDIT] I want to preface this by saying that I feel your pain in the solo queue. I also think that a ban after the very first 'offence' is a little harsh - because of the potential for D/C.

Actually - that's not true. It is different now.

Before, you would still find people in 3's that were good, and likely to win. From the sounds of it, once things started going sour, people like you quit.
People like you leave the rest of your team out to dry.

Now, there is a difference. People like you who quit and leave their team out to dry, instead of actually trying to overcome some challenge and adversity, face a ban.
I'd say life's pretty good.

Play something less sweaty if you are queueing solo, or use the LFG function and get a group of your very own!

The ONLY sympathy I have is for the legitimate D/C getting counted as a quit, and potentially 'ranking up' the quit ban length.
But this doesn't seem to be the case here.
Oh and also lack of additional playlists. Now that the Composer is here, there probably could stand to be 2-3 more ranked playlists, but time will tell.

You've stated, blatantly, that when you face a team that is better than you, you quit.
Again, sounds like the quit ban is doing exactly what it is supposed to.
Quote:
Why was I banned for quitting one match? *
The ban system observes if you are quitting out of matchmaking and will enforce a matchmaking ban should you choose to quit out of matches. The more matches you quit, the more severe the bans become. As it takes more than a single offence to earn a significant matchmaking ban. These extended bans will be enforced from multiple quits placing the lengthier bans being placed on your account.

Currently, with respect to MCC, if you are the last man standing in your team (for example you are in a 1 vs 4 situation) , you will not be penalized for quitting.

I don't think the highlighted is the case. You might want to update that as I was the last man that didn't quit on my team(1v4) and when I left I got a 5 min ban

Edit
It was the last match I played, and the first that I played today so, and I don't remember quitting out of any matches when I was playing with the match composer the night before.
Nalatroz wrote:
Quote:
Why was I banned for quitting one match? * The ban system observes if you are quitting out of matchmaking and will enforce a matchmaking ban should you choose to quit out of matches. The more matches you quit, the more severe the bans become. As it takes more than a single offence to earn a significant matchmaking ban. These extended bans will be enforced from multiple quits placing the lengthier bans being placed on your account.

Currently, with respect to MCC, if you are the last man standing in your team (for example you are in a 1 vs 4 situation) , you will not be penalized for quitting.
I don't think the highlighted is the case. You might want to update that as I was the last man that didn't quit on my team(1v4) and when I left I got a 5 min ban

EditIt was the last match I played, and the first that I played today so, and I don't remember quitting out of any matches when I was playing with the match composer the night before.
It's entirely possible that the system isn't working as intended yet.

It's important that you share this kind of feedback, as it would help catch that if this is the case.

Please report back if you notice any other 1v4 situations where you leave.

[EDIT]Do you mind sharing what gametype it was, and which Halo title?
AshamanND wrote:
New StylesPlaying any ranked playlist (other than FFA) solo was also a chore. It's really no different now.

[EDIT] I want to preface this by saying that I feel your pain in the solo queue. I also think that a ban after the very first 'offence' is a little harsh - because of the potential for D/C.

Actually - that's not true. It is different now.

Before, you would still find people in 3's that were good, and likely to win. From the sounds of it, once things started going sour, people like you quit.
People like you leave the rest of your team out to dry.

Now, there is a difference. People like you who quit and leave their team out to dry, instead of actually trying to overcome some challenge and adversity, face a ban.
I'd say life's pretty good.

Play something less sweaty if you are queueing solo, or use the LFG function and get a group of your very own!

The ONLY sympathy I have is for the legitimate D/C getting counted as a quit, and potentially 'ranking up' the quit ban length.
But this doesn't seem to be the case here.
Oh and also lack of additional playlists. Now that the Composer is here, there probably could stand to be 2-3 more ranked playlists, but time will tell.

You've stated, blatantly, that when you face a team that is better than you, you quit.
Again, sounds like the quit ban is doing exactly what it is supposed to.
do you understand that when a party of 3 matches a solo queued opposite team the solos lose 90 percent of the time especially if you're at the level I search at.
Im speaking from experience and like I said because the matchmaking is so unbalanced and unfair(when they removed party restrictions it literally destroyed the whole purpose of the ranking system) i dont have it in me to actually try anymore and this is because of 343's many bad decisions when it came to this game.

why would i stay in? You do realize that a good party of 3 never loses to solos and twos right? its not like matching some random people playing with their friends when you search at the mid 30s you get groups of people who can search 4s but choose to search 3s just to beat up people searching solo. It happens constantly.
New Styles wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
do you understand that when a party of 3 matches a solo queued opposite team the solos lose 90 percent of the time especially if you're at the level I search at.
Im speaking from experience and like I said because the matchmaking is so unbalanced and unfair(when they removed party restrictions it literally destroyed the whole purpose of the ranking system) i dont have it in me to actually try anymore and this is because of 343's many bad decisions when it came to this game.

why would i stay in? You do realize that a good party of 3 never loses to solos and twos right? its not like matching some random people playing with their friends when you search at the mid 30s you get groups of people who can search 4s but choose to search 3s just to beat up people searching solo. It happens constantly.
Yes, I definitely understand what you are saying.

However, what you are describing sounds more like a matchmaking issue than a ban system issue.
Quitting still hurts everyone else's experience, and bans are deserved.
If you search out material for some of the best players, they can still make it to 50 queuing solo in 4v4 playlists.

As far as the matchmaking system goes, the way I see it is there are 3 options:
  • Learn to play within the system by partying up yourself! (IMO this is the best option)
  • Learn to play within the system and just deal with it solo queue. Try harder, get better (even though I know you're already pretty good) and result won't be as nasty.
  • Lobby 343 to change it back so that parties of 3 +1 random only match parties of 4 or other parties of 3 +1 random. Good luck with this one though, because the reason they changed it was to try and make it so that matches are actually found faster, instead of 15+ minute search times.
I notice how the OP addresses many topics EXCEPT getting disconnected. How convenient.
This can easily be updated. There is currently no accurate way to detect whether a disconnect was accidental or on purpose. If it wasn't penalised then everyone could just pull their cord / turn off their WiFi / reset their box and recieve no penalty
I played for about an hour tonight and got kicked not once but twice If it was for betraying people then that's horse -Yoink-. 343 should know that when playing HCE grenades are ridiculously powerful and people are blowing up their teammates on accident left and right, especially on a map like Longest which is the map I was playing on the 2nd time i was kicked and subsequently banned. I dont have time for bad algorithms. If this is how it's gonna be I might as well throw in the towel and say good bye to TMCC.
AshamanND wrote:
Nalatroz wrote:
Quote:
Why was I banned for quitting one match? * The ban system observes if you are quitting out of matchmaking and will enforce a matchmaking ban should you choose to quit out of matches. The more matches you quit, the more severe the bans become. As it takes more than a single offence to earn a significant matchmaking ban. These extended bans will be enforced from multiple quits placing the lengthier bans being placed on your account.

Currently, with respect to MCC, if you are the last man standing in your team (for example you are in a 1 vs 4 situation) , you will not be penalized for quitting.
I don't think the highlighted is the case. You might want to update that as I was the last man that didn't quit on my team(1v4) and when I left I got a 5 min ban

EditIt was the last match I played, and the first that I played today so, and I don't remember quitting out of any matches when I was playing with the match composer the night before.
It's entirely possible that the system isn't working as intended yet.

It's important that you share this kind of feedback, as it would help catch that if this is the case.

Please report back if you notice any other 1v4 situations where you leave.

[EDIT]Do you mind sharing what gametype it was, and which Halo title?
Yeah it was slayer and it was H2C. Yeah I'll check if it happens if I get a 1v4 tonight.
I think these temp bans are a little too much for quitting, lagging out or losing connection just once......
Was about to sit down and relax with a few rounds of mcc, got in to lockdown on halo 2 AA
Things are getting interesting
*disconnected*
ohh that suck, but no biggie *press search button*

you have been temporarily banned.

“thats weird must be a mistake”
*tries again*

same thing.... wtf
Thank you 343 for this excellent change in the way we punish quitters. So sick of people quitting just because they cant get a single kill. Yes, it sucks that disconnects are treated as quitting but we will gladly take it if it means preventing quitters from quitting. If someone can't handle something so simple as a video game and not quitting in it, then how can anyone expect them to not quit in real life, which is much more difficult?
OS Wargod wrote:
Thank you 343 for this excellent change in the way we punish quitters. So sick of people quitting just because they cant get a single kill. Yes, it sucks that disconnects are treated as quitting but we will gladly take it if it means preventing quitters from quitting. If someone can't handle something so simple as a video game and not quitting in it, then how can anyone expect them to not quit in real life, which is much more difficult?
you dont seem to realize that all this is doing is making people go AFK
this quit ban literally solved nothing
This matchmaking is literally unplayable if you allow teams matching solos
saying find people to play with shouldnt be the solution

i should be able to enjoy this game solo or with friends i shouldnt only play with friends for matchmaking to be tolerable
New Styles wrote:
you dont seem to realize that all this is doing is making people go AFKthis quit ban literally solved nothing
If they implement in-game afk booting, then that should help.
I would recommend going hardwired to your Xbox if you can instead of wireless. Yes it may look better with no Ethernet cable being visible but the perks of using an Ethernet cable far out way the only negative. You'll have a superior connection then wireless and notice a much better internet connection. I'm sure you can find some great deals from now through the rest of year on Ethernet cable.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
New Styles wrote:
you dont seem to realize that all this is doing is making people go AFKthis quit ban literally solved nothing
If they implement in-game afk booting, then that should help.
or you know just rebalance matchmaking...
New Styles wrote:
or you know just rebalance matchmaking...
Yeah, but that's not the only reason why people would go afk.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 39