Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 43
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Okay so after a couple of years of not owning an xbox one or playing Halo, I join a Halo 2 map that was laggy due the p2p and i stuck around for four rounds of 0-0 gameplay. I finally had to quit because it lagged and boring. I got a 24 hour ban for that. First time in years of playing and i get a ban? This is the most terrible banning system i have ever seen. I mean really, its social playlist, its casual, if i need to leave for any reason, i shouldnt be penalized for it. This just tells me once again that i shouldnt even bother with Xbox or Halo if theyre really going after people. People quit, big deal, it happens to every game, Halo is no different.
I was recently banned for an hour after joining a friend. I was in a game but the game didn't connect for him. I shouldn't be banned for trying to play with friends.
I was banned for shutting down the game because I was stuck in the loading screen. I was banned because somebody else quit and broke my game. How about you make it not do that next time?
mark6789 wrote:
Okay so after a couple of years of not owning an xbox one or playing Halo, I join a Halo 2 map that was laggy due the p2p and i stuck around for four rounds of 0-0 gameplay. I finally had to quit because it lagged and boring. I got a 24 hour ban for that. First time in years of playing and i get a ban? This is the most terrible banning system i have ever seen. I mean really, its social playlist, its casual, if i need to leave for any reason, i shouldnt be penalized for it. This just tells me once again that i shouldnt even bother with Xbox or Halo if theyre really going after people. People quit, big deal, it happens to every game, Halo is no different.
24 hour ban after first quit does not happen.

there is something you aren't telling us.
mark6789 wrote:
... I join a Halo 2 map that was laggy due the p2p and i stuck around for four rounds of 0-0 gameplay. I finally had to quit because it lagged and boring. I got a 24 hour ban for that.
In addition to what AshamanND said, there are no P2P connections in MCC multiplayer. Everything is run on dedicated servers
I was recently banned for an hour after joining a friend. I was in a game but the game didn't connect for him. I shouldn't be banned for trying to play with friends.
Unless you were repeatedly quitting out of matches in not sure how you would get banned because your friend can't connect to the game
stckrboy wrote:
mark6789 wrote:
... I join a Halo 2 map that was laggy due the p2p and i stuck around for four rounds of 0-0 gameplay. I finally had to quit because it lagged and boring. I got a 24 hour ban for that.
In addition to what AshamanND said, there are no P2P connections in MCC multiplayer. Everything is run on dedicated servers.
He may be referring to this: https://twitter.com/343postums/status/1108918453912559617?s=21.
Missed that, thanks for the heads up!
wolfeboy1 wrote:
I was banned for shutting down the game because I was stuck in the loading screen. I was banned because somebody else quit and broke my game. How about you make it not do that next time?
Exact same thing has happened to me twice, I get stuck on an infinite loading screen. I waited upwards of 5 minutes before I decided to close the game and retry. Was banned instantly. Don’t know what happened.
AshamanND wrote:
mark6789 wrote:

No literally my first game since 2017, you can check my logs (if thats a thing you can do idk). Although i logged in tonight and the ban was gone so i dont know.
I really couldn't care less if I ruin everyone's game by quitting. Sometimes I have to putt he game down for a min, it happens. Also, banning me for 5 min because I disconnected? Get the **** out of here with that ****. I purchased the game, I should be able to play/leave whenever I feel I need to, regardless of the reason. COD may suck pretty hard nowadays, but at least I don't have to deal with this ****. It's pretty obvious why COD is far more popular than Halo, it puts you through less ********.
I really couldn't care less if I ruin everyone's game by quitting. Sometimes I have to putt he game down for a min, it happens. Also, banning me for 5 min because I disconnected?
Bans for disconnects suck, no question.

But if you have to put the game down and earn a quit ban, it's only 5 mins anyway. Chances are you wouldn't be back for that 5 mins.
If you quit again, it goes up to 15 mins - also not very long.
If you quit AGAIN it's a 60 minute ban - probably warranted because it's becoming a pattern...

It's a social game to be played with others, and everyone's experience matters - even if you don't think so.

Quote:
Get the **** out of here with that ****. I purchased the game, I should be able to play/leave whenever I feel I need to, regardless of the reason.
And you CAN quit. No one is stopping you from quitting. But you need to accept what happens if you do.
You can still play campaign or custom games if you're banned, so really, no one is stopping you from playing the game you paid for.

I can't really comment on COD.

Don't get me wrong, I think the ban system needs to be changed/tweaked. I just find your arguments unmoving.
mark6789 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
mark6789 wrote:

No literally my first game since 2017, you can check my logs (if thats a thing you can do idk). Although i logged in tonight and the ban was gone so i dont know.
Bans reset every 16 hours, so there you go.
I dunno why you would've had a 24 hour ban - that's not even on of the options from the Original Post that describes what happens...
So I was playing games from the 4v4 team slayer lobby with a friend and his guest and they kept getting randomly booted. There was no team killing nor did my friend leave either game. This happened two games in a row and was reading as a ban (escalating penalties).

What's the deal?
So I was playing games from the 4v4 team slayer lobby with a friend and his guest and they kept getting randomly booted. There was no team killing nor did my friend leave either game. This happened two games in a row and was reading as a ban (escalating penalties).

What's the deal?
Randomly booted could be caused by many things.
Could have been network issues overall, or on their end.
Could have been someone DDOSing them, but unlikely.
Other causes are possible.

The result would still be the same, unfortunately.
If someone leaves a game before it's finished (quit or DC) and ban is implemented. Check the first post of this thread.
Not saying it's right (or wrong), just letting you know how it is right now.
BANISHING

For real? Treating us like we cannot make our own jugement about leaving or not a match? I know the argument is: it dissuades people of deserting matches. But hey! What do we do when people leave anyway and so we find ourselves in a 1v4? And what do we do when, for an obscure reason, we are expelled from a match just before it starts and the game considers that for a desertion? Seriously, these problems are very frequents. At this point, I prefer to let people judge by themselves instead of the present situation. I hate being treated like a child like you do, 343. I hated that even when I was a child. You are insulting my intelligence and my socialbility. If you absolutely want to prevent people from leaving matches, invent a report system of some sort with short banned consequences, but let us use our jugement first, for Glob's sake! Maybe in Ranked matches, I can understand the present bannishing system, but in Social matches, it's outrageous.

See my full critique here:
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.halowaypoint.com%2Fen-us%2Fforums%2F58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0%2Ftopics%2Fhalo-2---banishing---maps---no-friendly-fire-in-h4%2F1594f330-4903-454a-b443-b4f0cc7c94f1%2Fposts%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0RTjs9Psaf2JirNuoSCgOQAd6Re_4jtwxUlNJdjfVlOaiSRlLLd7VnJKs&h=AT02kyR6_4j73rWVTD6r9R85xg3GMb5VvaOKlFZO6dpOdksiPgNtEBw-g8ncW7JM1rUGDIbHpmuZA0wgO1TupmmdbEJkFhS-EmmK1hd-kH9jkO6BJngHu_IuCIayOsQK06Bvrg
BANISHING

For real? Treating us like we cannot make our own jugement about leaving or not a match? I know the argument is: it dissuades people of deserting matches. But hey! What do we do when people leave anyway and so we find ourselves in a 1v4? And what do we do when, for an obscure reason, we are expelled from a match just before it starts and the game considers that for a desertion? Seriously, these problems are very frequents. At this point, I prefer to let people judge by themselves instead of the present situation. I hate being treated like a child like you do, 343. I hated that even when I was a child. You are insulting my intelligence and my socialbility. If you absolutely want to prevent people from leaving matches, invent a report system of some sort with short banned consequences, but let us use our jugement first, for Glob's sake! Maybe in Ranked matches, I can understand the present bannishing system, but in Social matches, it's outrageous.

[SNIP]
If you read the first post, you would know about a 1v4 situation.
If half (or more) of your team has already quit/dc you can quit without penalty.
Thanks for the info, AshamanND. Still don't like to be infantilized, but I guess that's better. And I don't like that I have to visit a thread because my game is, at every month, becoming another kind of monstruosity. In my younger days, games were well thoughts and finished at released. I remember that when I was playing Xbox Live back in the days of Halo 3, it took more than one desertion to get banned, and that I think, was a better compromise than what we have now.
Thanks for the info, AshamanND. Still don't like to be infantilized, but I guess that's better. And I don't like that I have to visit a thread because my game is, at every month, becoming another kind of monstruosity. In my younger days, games were well thoughts and finished at released. I remember that when I was playing Xbox Live back in the days of Halo 3, it took more than one desertion to get banned, and that I think, was a better compromise than what we have now.
Glad to help add some clarity =)

For your fist point, I think we're well beyond that. Everyone knows how broken MCC was upon launch. It's taken a long time to get to where we are, and things will keep changing and evolving. MCC isn't the only game this has happened to either.
In this age, it's probably good for us to have these forums to learn about games. I mean, there are 5, soon to be 6 games in MCC. There's a TON of info that users have and that the developers have that is just not practical to include all the discussion and information in the game itself.
So here we are discussing.

Secondly, I kind of agree that a ban for the first quit is a little harsh.
I think we should all get one free quit per day.
I'd say this area would be a good place to focus our attention. I don't think quit bans are ever going away, and I'm glad for that. Even in Social, there should be some penalty for leaving your team! But perhaps it does not need to be the same system as ranked.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 43