Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 42
that the ban system is so strict for ranked okay but why so strict for social matches? thats just dumb. already have had PC friends say they either wont get the game or only play campaign for this reason.
I came back to play this game since they re did everything (maybe 1.5 years since i was last on) and literally the 5th game in I lagged out to the menu and got a temp ban in a social playlist. REALLY? Rainbow Six Seige hands out temp bans for excessive team kills, but random disconnects? Come on. It doesn't stop people from quitting as the 2nd game I was on, it was 7v1. That dumb -Yoink- ban made me NOT want to play, so I quit and went back to the other games I've been playing. Sad as I was wanting to give this collection another shot. Thanks 343.....
Tman08 wrote:
I came back to play this game since they re did everything (maybe 1.5 years since i was last on) and literally the 5th game in I lagged out to the menu and got a temp ban in a social playlist. REALLY? Rainbow Six Seige hands out temp bans for excessive team kills, but random disconnects? Come on. It doesn't stop people from quitting as the 2nd game I was on, it was 7v1. That dumb -Yoink- ban made me NOT want to play, so I quit and went back to the other games I've been playing. Sad as I was wanting to give this collection another shot. Thanks 343.....
7v1?
was this supposed to be an 8v8 match?
if you were on the "1" team, you could have quit without penalty. See this threads first post.
Twice today while playing H4 BTB on the map Forge Island, I was disconnected from the game (sent back to the loading screen where I could still hear my teammates talking), and received a ban - both times, within a span of 2 hours. This seems to be a regular occurrence on the Forge Island map (as well as on Impact). Most of the time I don't get disconnected but watch almost everyone else on my team and the opposing team get kicked out until there's like 2-5 players left out of 16.

Is this a known problem with the two maps? Since we can't choose the maps, I'm at the mercy of the game composer and now I'm cruising for a 3rd ban today, by no fault of my own, if this happens again! And I like the Forge Island map which makes this extra crappy.

(Also, I actually did quit a game today after all but 2 or 3 of my teammates did - but that didn't result in a ban.)
so leaving 1 social match you instantly get a ban but if 2 of 3 teammates are AFK entire grifball match thats okay? -_-
AliceFairy wrote:
so leaving 1 social match you instantly get a ban but if 2 of 3 teammates are AFK entire grifball match thats okay? -_-
AFK-ing is definitely not ok, even if the game currently doesn't kick or ban for it. Hopefully they will soon implement actual idle detection during matches.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I hadn't played MCC in quite a while (at least several weeks) and quit out of one social game and was hit with a ban (not sure how long, maybe 20 minutes). A few days later I hopped on to play some ranked H2A and a game either started 3v4 (my team down one) or someone quit very shortly after the start. I thought, "this is probably like H5 where I won't get penalized." I was wrong, hit with another ban.
NightClerk wrote:
I hadn't played MCC in quite a while (at least several weeks) and quit out of one social game and was hit with a ban (not sure how long, maybe 20 minutes). A few days later I hopped on to play some ranked H2A and a game either started 3v4 (my team down one) or someone quit very shortly after the start. I thought, "this is probably like H5 where I won't get penalized." I was wrong, hit with another ban.
Take a moment and double check the OP. It addresses your points.

First quit is a 5 min ban.
If you quit in the first 50% of your team (like one of the first 2 in a 4v4 or one of the first 4 in 8v8) - you get a ban.
If you quit AFTER 50% of your team has quit, no ban.
Awesome, server fail/game lagged out, and.... banned.
Got betrayed a few days back in a CE BTB match for my weapons, and then shortly after I spawned, I recieved a message that I was kicked from the match, despite the only betrayal I'd ever done that match being a teammate blindly walking into a grenade I tossed up a ladder...
I think it is unfair to get banned for lagging out of a game. I am currently banned because I lagged out and it is quite stupid. Please implement a different system to deal with this! It's ridiculous...
xTay100 wrote:
I think it is unfair to get banned for lagging out of a game. I am currently banned because I lagged out and it is quite stupid. Please implement a different system to deal with this! It's ridiculous...
This is done because if it wasn't, it would be open to far to much abuse. People would simply pull their ethernet cable or turn off their WiFi then claim they lagged out, escaping any punishment and keep a loss from their profile.
Solid AVJO wrote:
I think the system that determines what constitutes a ban should be changed. I appreciate a harsher punishment for quitters, but the net code for the game still isn't robust enough to not chug during most of my matches. I can't help but feel frustrated when I get matched up in a game that is irredeemably laggy, and It's not like I'm using dial up here. I've been playing other shooters like Battlefield 1, CoD BO 4, and Titanfall 2 with minimal issues. Even in cases when I don't leave to my own volition, which is probably a good 95% of matches, I still incur a ban. Things like this make me want to uninstall MCC, and that's a huge bummer because the game has come a long way since regular updates started rolling out.
I actually wanted to update this post but I'm forum illiterate. Most of my matches recently have been free of issues! I think the game has been improved greatly, and I really appreciate the work that the community has put in to help 343 improve it, but more importantly I appreciate 343 for working so hard! I still stand by the statement that harsh punishment is appreciated when it comes to quitters, no one likes a quitter, and with improved net code I have little room to complain. Also didn't mean to come off as a little B in my initial post. I was very frustrated.
I just received a temporary ban and I’m not sure why. I was playing like normal and was booted from the game. I didn’t quit, suicide, idle through, betray, or anything else. Why was I banned.
I just received a temporary ban and I’m not sure why. I was playing like normal and was booted from the game. I didn’t quit, suicide, idle through, betray, or anything else. Why was I banned.
Have a read through the first post.

Its possible there was a networking error and you lagged out. At the moment, lag outs are treated the same as quitting.

Luckily firstquit is only a five minute ban.
I remember i got banned for not play because i forgot to leave a game because i was taking a shower
I remember i got banned for not play because i forgot to leave a game because i was taking a shower
you will be banned for just about anything now. whats the point of even having an option to quit a game if they are just going to punish you for it? same with betrayals and everything else. might as well turn the afk players into bots while were at it
I'm being banned for no reason on social. I'm playing normally, no betraying or quitting etc. but everyone on both teams is sent to the lobby with a message saying "someone in your party has been banned for misconduct." Now I can't play until the ban is lifted even though I literally haven't done anything. I don't even know anyone that I was playing with. This has happened last night and tonight again. What gives?
Arctic84 wrote:
I'm being banned for no reason on social. I'm playing normally, no betraying or quitting etc. but everyone on both teams is sent to the lobby with a message saying "someone in your party has been banned for misconduct." Now I can't play until the ban is lifted even though I literally haven't done anything. I don't even know anyone that I was playing with. This has happened last night and tonight again. What gives?
Get used to it, this is the most ban happy game ever. Can't quit games yet they can stick you with 3 teammates that go -10 every single game. Why don't they start banning people who average a negative k/d spread, they ruin the game for me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 42