Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 30
  4. 31
  5. 32
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. ...
  9. 42
TripOG wrote:
Can't quit games yet they can stick you with 3 teammates that go -10 every single game. Why don't they start banning people who average a negative k/d spread, they ruin the game for me.
If it bothers you that much, then you should only play when you can form a party.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Can't quit games yet they can stick you with 3 teammates that go -10 every single game. Why don't they start banning people who average a negative k/d spread, they ruin the game for me.
If it bothers you that much, then you should only play when you can form a party.
by that logic the people who think quitting is a big deal should only form parties and play with/against people who they know wont quit, same goes for betrayals.
maybe they can add a little thing to their match composer so there are options to only play with players who have never quit, never disconnected, never betrayed and have a positive k/d spread.
TripOG wrote:
by that logic the people who think quitting is a big deal should only form parties and play with/against people who they know wont quit, same goes for betrayals.
Yes they should and I've told other people that as well when they felt it ruined the game for them, but that wasn't what I was talking about. You want to ban people for not being good at the game which is ridiculous plus some other things. As I said in my previous post, play with a party if the matching system ruins the game for you or don't play it. Your other suggestion would be interesting, but most likely unrealistic.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Yes they should and I've told other people that as well when they felt it ruined the game for them, but that wasn't what I was talking about. You want to ban people for not being good at the game which is ridiculous plus some other things. As I said in my previous post, play with a party if the matching system ruins the game for you or don't play it. Your other suggestion would be interesting, but most likely unrealistic.
People shouldn't have to party up to enjoy matchmaking. People doing things they know are doing things they shouldn't and that breach the rules of matchmaking are actively damaging others willfully. People's skill level on the other hand isn't a form of misconduct. Even the bronze players can play halo. If you're not happy with that you can choose to party up, but someone happening to not be good at the game isn't the same as someone intentionally griefing/quitting/idling. That isn't a good comparison.
People shouldn't have to party up to enjoy matchmaking. People doing things they know are doing things they shouldn't and that breach the rules of matchmaking are actively damaging others willfully.
I agree if they're just annoyed by it or less, but when people are saying it's ruining the game for them which is a very strong opinion about it or they make some other vigorous complaint about something negative with the matching system which we've all seen before on here, then I'll suggest they play with a party instead. That's the only way to minimize the current negative issues with the matching system besides not playing it if they feel it's ruining their experience. Voicing their opinion is one way to try and change the current system, but until it's changed this is what they have to work with.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
TripOG wrote:
People shouldn't have to party up to enjoy matchmaking. People doing things they know are doing things they shouldn't and that breach the rules of matchmaking are actively damaging others willfully. People's skill level on the other hand isn't a form of misconduct. Even the bronze players can play halo. If you're not happy with that you can choose to party up, but someone happening to not be good at the game isn't the same as someone intentionally griefing/quitting/idling. That isn't a good comparison.
before the players who keep getting destroyed could atleast quit the game and help their team out that way, now they get punished for it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
People shouldn't have to party up to enjoy matchmaking. People doing things they know are doing things they shouldn't and that breach the rules of matchmaking are actively damaging others willfully.
I agree if they're just annoyed by it or less, but when people are saying it's ruining the game for them which is a very strong opinion about it or they make some other vigorous complaint about something negative with the matching system which we've all seen before on here, then I'll suggest they play with a party instead. That's the only way to minimize the current negative issues with the matching system besides not playing it if they feel it's ruining their experience. Voicing their opinion is one way to try and change the current system, but until it's changed this is what they have to work with.
My game was ruined by that guy who was trying his best and just having fun vs My game was ruined by that person who was griefing/idling/quitting knowing he wasn't supposed to do that. The two situation aren't comparable.

TripOG wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
before the players who keep getting destroyed could atleast quit the game and help their team out that way, now they get punished for
If you break a rule of matchmaking there are consequences. That is the way things are. What you tried to do was create a false equivalence that will not work.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
My game was ruined by that guy who was trying his best and just having fun vs My game was ruined by that person who was griefing/idling/quitting knowing he wasn't supposed to do that. The two situation aren't comparable.

TripOG wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
before the players who keep getting destroyed could atleast quit the game and help their team out that way, now they get punished for
If you break a rule of matchmaking there are consequences. That is the way things are. What you tried to do was create a false equivalence that will not work.
biggest problem is these were not the rules of the original games and of course without the original games there is no mcc.
I see why you would say that, but I wasn't trying to compare them and was only mentioning the quitter situation because Trip brought it up. It's correct that they aren't the same situation, but still though, the best current solution for both issues if you don't want bad teammates or potential quitters on your team if you feel it's ruining your game is to form a party. Otherwise, you're at the risk of the matching system when playing solo until they change things.
TripOG wrote:
biggest problem is these were not the rules of the original games and of course without the original games there is no mcc.
Interesting that you want it to be like the original when we also got terrible teammates in the original games as well, but now you want them banned.
TripOG wrote:
Um, actually...
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I see why you would say that, but I wasn't trying to compare them and was only mentioning the quitter situation because Trip brought it up. It's correct that they aren't the same situation, but still though, the best current solution for both issues if you don't want bad teammates or potential quitters on your team if you feel it's ruining your game is to form a party. Otherwise, you're at the risk of the matching system when playing solo until they change things..
People have that option, but that is a choice they make. Everyone gets to play halo regardless of skill level, but only those who misbehave face the hammer because those are things they control and do willingly. A new player or a bronze level player isn't intending to ruin or carelessly damaging the experience of others the way quitters, idlers, and griefers do.

LUKEPOWA wrote:
Interesting that you want it to be like the original when we also got terrible teammates in the original games as well, but now you want them banned.
TripOG wrote:
They were. The ban system currently is in large part still the one from h3 and reach. People had to ask for this stuff in order to make matchmaking more palatable to the masses.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I see why you would say that, but I wasn't trying to compare them and was only mentioning the quitter situation because Trip brought it up. It's correct that they aren't the same situation, but still though, the best current solution for both issues if you don't want bad teammates or potential quitters on your team if you feel it's ruining your game is to form a party. Otherwise, you're at the risk of the matching system when playing solo until they change things.
TripOG wrote:
I'm not actually advocating for them to be banned, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous this ban system is using their own logic. If they didn't implement this awful ban system being stuck with crappy teammates every game wouldn't happen because they could quit or I could quit. They talk about quitters betrayals ruining the game for everyone but in reality it's the afk players(another issue they created) and not being able to quit which is ruining the game for me. Never before has halo had such a ridiculous ban system. If they actually cared about making the game more enjoyable they would fix all the bs that makes people go idle quit and betray but instead they double down and just say nanner nanner I can't hear you I'm right you're wrong. Punishing the players for issues they created hardly seems right. I think most people here realize this thread is just for show and they have no intention of listening to the players but as long as it's still up I'll -Yoink- about them ruining the games I have played since release. -Yoink- even the aim has changed since the release of mcc, original and modern both feel completely different now it's so ridiculous but again whatever that's for a different thread.😡
Chimera30 wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Um, actually...
I encourage you to go back to that system, I don't know if your blindly quoting that as proof or not but even if you never played the original games and don't realize it is not th at strict you should be able to read the parts that say
Quote:
The duration of this ban will be based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation.

The following things will not result in a visit from the Banhammer:
  • Lag (poor or intermittent network performance).
  • Occasional disconnects due to inconsistent network conditions.
TripOG wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Um, actually...
I encourage you to go back to that system, I don't know if your blindly quoting that as proof or not but even if you never played the original games and don't realize it is not th at strict you should be able to read the parts that say
Quote:
The duration of this ban will be based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation.

I'm not sure why history isn't taken into account. This would weed out the habitual quitters effectively (whatever their reason for quitting) . There was definitely a problem before 343 implemented the ban system, where people would quit when their team fell behind 5+ kills.
History is taken into account.
The bam hammer increases with every quit within 16 hours.

They can also implement a ban manually based on history, they keep track of it all.
TripOG wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Um, actually...
Quote:

It was more pointing out that Bungie did in fact implement bans, even if they were less strict. It wasn't just free rein to quit whenever you like in og H3 and Reach. And while Bungie may not have banned for occasional network issues, they did for continued network issues. It's worth noting that Bungie continued that policy of banning for continued connections issues in Destiny. To me, a 5 min ban in MCC for a genuine connection error isn't the end of the world, especially if it only happens once. If it happens again, that could be indicative of greater network issues, and it would probably be better to investigate your network rather than continuing to disconnect. Besides, if quitting had been as major an issue in og H3 as it was in MCC, maybe Bungie would have tightened things up. Gaming culture has changed since 2007. Could very well be that gamers these days are more prone to quitting than back then.
TripOG wrote:
I'm not actually advocating for them to be banned, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous this ban system is using their own logic..
You're not actually. You're trying to claim a false equivalence between misconduct and simply not being good and then use that in attempt to mitigate your responsibily as a user. 'It's not my fault, I'm acting badly because of this' Focus on the misconduct rather than trying to make excuses for it.
I got banned temporarily in a Halo 2 large fiesta match for absolutely NOTHING and this angers me greatly and from what I am seeing, I doubt this is the first time so don’t you think it might be time to address this? Especially since there will soon be a BIG update that will repopulate the game and open this subject even further.

The ONLY times I leave a match is due to those times when I lag out (which doesn’t happen often) and when I have to leave for important life matters.
Chimera30 wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Um, actually...
  • Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
Ding ding ding. In an attempt to own Trip with knowledge you ended up proving him right. We never got banned for quitting once. The current system is not optimal.
TripOG wrote:
I'm not actually advocating for them to be banned, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous this ban system is using their own logic..
You're not actually. You're trying to claim a false equivalence between misconduct and simply not being good and then use that in attempt to mitigate your responsibily as a user. 'It's not my fault, I'm acting badly because of this' Focus on the misconduct rather than trying to make excuses for it.
I have absolutely zero responsibility as a user to finish a game, or not betray, I paid for the game, I pay for Xbox live, I play how and when I want.
You expect people to just accept that they paid 60 dollars for a game on release to have it not even be playable, then years down the road have the rules changed so you get banned for playing the same way you have played for over 15 years with out a single ban.

It was never an issue until 343 starting screwing with halo. If it was an issue I would of been reported enough so Xbox live would of punished me or according to that previously posted link bungie.
The only misconduct I see is 343 screwing with the halo multiplayer system, if you want to implement these systems do it on future games.

If 343 isn't going to fix this mess they created just refund my money, I will gladly accept a refund and give back the digital download.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 30
  4. 31
  5. 32
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. ...
  9. 42