Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 34
  4. 35
  5. 36
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. ...
  9. 39
Paying for Xbox Live doesn't give you the right to decide to screw over anywhere from 3 to 15 other people in a game at whatever whim and wish you want "because I can."

You quitting matches ruins the game/experience for everyone else in the lobby. Actions have consequences. If you choose to quit a match, we can choose to enforce a quit ban as a penalty.

Put more simply - Our house, our rules.
Oh finally an 343 answer and I’ve been waiting for a comment like yours. This just proves that community feedback is worthless in this thread. It seems you guys have made up your minds about the banning system and don’t plan to improve or tweak it as several forum members have asked in this thread (or am I reading this wrong?)
For instance, are you even considering the 1 freebie suggestion?

Next, I have mentioned this several times, but I only quit matches which are unplayable for me because your matchmaking fails to balance out the teams (or if something in reality comes up ofc). IT’S NOT LIKE I WANT TO QUIT TO SCREW OTHERS BUT DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE I LIKE GETTING WRECKED EVERY SINGLE MATCH?
For instance, how do I end up against 3 high ranks with crazy kd ratio’s and I get only unranked players in a 4v4? This happens most of the time for me and you want me to keep playing like that? Do you know how frustrating it is when you just have to watch a match turn into a freefall because the whole enemy team has locked your spawnpoints? Do you expect me to enjoy this? Please answer that before you justify your ridiculous banning system.

Put more simply, your matchmaking system prevents me from having a match that is enjoyable and playable. I don’t understand how you can disregard this problem like it’s nothing.

And yes I’ve read al the previous comments about the code of conduct, frequent quitting is against the code. The question is how frequent? But 343 apperently get’s to decide that there should be none. Even if the quit was not their fault due to lag.
(this is not clearly written out in black and white though so I can understand the confusion but in some people’s eyes it can be seen as harming others’ experience which I find ridiculous in social matches cuz the result shouldn’t matter I just find another match and try again)
but think about this for a sec. Why do you need to put out bans for a system that already has it’s own reporting system? It works for other games with an online multiplayer yet you feel somehow obligated to go even further? You just show that you only want certain players on MCC and I guarantee you this approach will fail when PC players get into the fold (not to even mention cross-play which will severely increase the skill gap and in turn your matchmaking system won’t be able to keep up.
Like I said before, there is a legit reason for people to quit matches, matchmaking in a whole or even throw away the whole game. Cause and effect. The cause being:
Your unbalanced matchmaking system.

Ashaman mentioned that you would be ‘looking’ into this, but in the meantime, I seriously cannot agree with this banning system while you try to figure out how to balance out those teams in social.

And yes I think it deserves it’s own thread but I’ll just put it out here for someone else to pick up because I’m really tired of having to read these crazy banning justifications for a game that is NOT YET FIXED

By the way is that first ban for the first quit not against MS own code of conduct since it definitely cannot be seen as ‘frequent quitting’?
Very first match of the day (in a long time as well) and was team killed and betrayed on my spawn so repeatedly I finally just quit the match.

I try to start another match, and am informed I am temporarily banned until such and such time.

Is this really my choices? Be team killed ten minutes so a few trolls can have fun, or sit and wait, and not have fun? Seems like the only one having fun is a bunch of d-bags. Is the system then, not truly broken? What am I missing here?

I just wanted to play Halo :(
Very first match of the day (in a long time as well) and was team killed and betrayed on my spawn so repeatedly I finally just quit the match.

I try to start another match, and am informed I am temporarily banned until such and such time.

Is this really my choices? Be team killed ten minutes so a few trolls can have fun, or sit and wait, and not have fun? Seems like the only one having fun is a bunch of d-bags. Is the system then, not truly broken? What am I missing here?

When you are betrayed, after enough betrayals, you should get the option to boot the team killer. How many times were you betrayed? Was it by one player or multiple players? What game was it (HCE, H2, H2A, H3, H4), and what game mode?

You can safely quit a match (i.e. quit with no ban) after half your team has already left. If you are in the first half of your team to quit, you will still get a ban. If you are getting repeatedly betrayed and not getting the option to boot the team killers, you should mention that in the MCC multiplayer feedback thread.
Chimera30 wrote:

When you are betrayed, after enough betrayals, you should get the option to boot the team killer. How many times were you betrayed? Was it by one player or multiple players? What game was it (HCE, H2, H2A, H3, H4), and what game mode?

You can safely quit a match (i.e. quit with no ban) after half your team has already left. If you are in the first half of your team to quit, you will still get a ban. If you are getting repeatedly betrayed and not getting the option to boot the team killers, you should mention that in the MCC multiplayer feedback thread.
I had that a few days ago too in Halo CE and I know it was on purpose and he was doing it to others as well in two different matches. I am also going to mention that in Halo CE it is very easy to accidentally kill yourself and others because of the game’s mechanics like instant death if tapped by any vehicle and people walk into your driving path either on purpose or accidentally put you on the path to being banned and I feel this should be handled.
i jump on play a game have a good time in social, next game im getting spawn killed and a teammate has already left the game, so the first game i quit i get a ban, and im banned all because i didnt want to sit around for 5 mins getting spawn killed, now i get to sit around for 5 mins and do nothing because i wanted to find a fair and playable match. why is the system like this? why the first game you quit? why isnt it like the rest of the games where you quit multiple times in a row and then you get the ban? i feel like the way the system is now is hurtful to the community. honestly i was ready to just go play a different game because to me its complete crap to be penalized for one quit
I won't support this kind of system. Seriously, for 1 dnf? 3 for a whole day ban? So if I was to play 100 matches in 24 hours and disconnect or quit from 3 I would still have a 97% completion rate. How is that even close to being considered repetitive quitting? Look, I wouldn't know where to draw that line but if you finish more than 90% of your games then I feel like you should be considered in good standing. Come on 343, what is this yoink?
I got disconnected from a lobby before the game started and I got banned for 5 minutes... why? I have had 3 games in a row where I had people on my team quit yet I'm pretty sure nothing happens to them if they're still getting into games with me, I never quit mid game and yet I get punished for disconnecting from a lobby of a game that hasn't started. Nice.
So I get banned cause my game crashed??? What kinda BS is that??? I can understand the competitive games, but why social games? If I get banned again I’m deleting this stupid broken game and buying all the discs
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
I really hope that all the people complaining are all the halo 3 fan boys! Out of all the games I played when we had voting everyone would quit anything but halo 3. You were the guys that ruined it just remember that!
Chimera30 wrote:

Well, yes and no. Sometimes they will shoot you, but not kill you, and you get killed by the enemy. Most people in H3 are aware of the fact that you only can get booted after the third betrayal, and will weaken you until you get killed, which is evenly annoying. So no, it's not foolproof.

My other thing is: why can't I quit if the other teams half quits? It's never a fun game when when it's 4v1 and the last player doesn't leave. Why am I not allowed to quit as well?
De Lullo wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:

Well, yes and no. Sometimes they will shoot you, but not kill you, and you get killed by the enemy. Most people in H3 are aware of the fact that you only can get booted after the third betrayal, and will weaken you until you get killed, which is evenly annoying. So no, it's not foolproof.

My other thing is: why can't I quit if the other teams half quits? It's never a fun game when when it's 4v1 and the last player doesn't leave. Why am I not allowed to quit as well?
Soon, you will be able to leave if half of the other team has quit.
See the update blog which details updates that are planned.
Link.
Quote:
Looking Ahead – Auto-Ban ChangesWith today’s update comes some code changes to setup the foundation for us to alter two scenarios in MCC’s auto-bans based on community feedback and supporting data the Publishing Team has investigated.
The two scenarios that we will be changing in the future are a change to ban players who dodge on the loading screen and allowing for players in unbalanced teams to quit and not be stuck in a 4v2/4v1 scenario.
Once the rules are updated this will allow us to punish those dodging during the matchmaking process and will enforce a quit ban to them on completion of the match they quit out of. For the 4v2/4v1 scenarios, once enabled, those who are on a team where nobody has quit, but the opposing team still has half or less of its players remaining you will be able to quit without receiving a matchmaking ban.
To be crystal clear, these are not live today. The dates for these changes coming online are currently TBD, but the Publishing Team is actively working to schedule that work with the supporting teams who alter these rules.
Thank you for all the feedback on this and we look forward to hearing how this change will be received when it goes online.
For all you nay-sayers that kept saying they'll never change the ban system, here you go!
I've always said that they are listening, and that they want the experience to be the best that it can be - for everyone.

If changes are warranted, they'll make them =)
But it takes time, data, and analysis of that data. They don't make knee-jerk instant reactions.

Keep the feedback coming everyone, and keep it constructive. The more info and feedback that we give 343, the better the game will be!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
This is such a terrible system. I was banned for quitting one game in 4v4 matchmaking. All of my teammates quit and I was just getting spawn camped. After quitting out of respect for myself, I had been banned for 15 minutes. Bungie didn't implement a system like this for a reason. Maybe after quitting 5+ games I understand but this is way to harsh. Fix.
St0rm3995 wrote:
This is such a terrible system. I was banned for quitting one game in 4v4 matchmaking. All of my teammates quit and I was just getting spawn camped. After quitting out of respect for myself, I had been banned for 15 minutes. Bungie didn't implement a system like this for a reason. Maybe after quitting 5+ games I understand but this is way to harsh. Fix.
They built is so that if half your team quits then you quit, you shouldn’t get a ban. Problem is, sometimes it doesn’t work that way and bans you anyway.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
St0rm3995 wrote:
They built is so that if half your team quits then you quit, you shouldn’t get a ban. Problem is, sometimes it doesn’t work that way and bans you anyway.
I just came back from a long halo hiatus and I was so excited to come back for some MCC but after playing a few games my excitement has turned into anger and frustration. I'm not entirely sure who is in charge with the match balancing but they need to be fired. I just played five continuous matches and in every single one, the enemy team beats us before we can even get to the halfway point. Halo 4 didn't even have match balancing issues this severe. Am I really expected not to quit after getting spawn camped in damn near every game? No. Video games are supposed to be fun and this is not fun.

This is NOT the Halo I remember.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 34
  4. 35
  5. 36
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. ...
  9. 39