Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 87
TripOG wrote:
I wouldn’t say banning them from the game because there are a lot of good players in the younger age group (not to mention even with the rating Halo always had kids were getting in and the age group that are kids make up a large portion of gamers and by banning kids it would take far longer to find a match).
Umm, am I missing something?
I thought that you won't get punished when half of the players left the game before the round even started?

Just had a 2vs4 situation in CE and it was pretty pointless (spawn killing), so we left - yet we recieved a 5 min. ban.
I mean, I won't go on rampage because now I have to wait 5 minutes, but is this a bug or something?
DaekLaw wrote:
I thought that you won't get punished when half of the players left the game before the round even started?

Just had a 2vs4 situation in CE and it was pretty pointless (spawn killing), so we left - yet we recieved a 5 min. ban.
I mean, I won't go on rampage because now I have to wait 5 minutes, but is this a bug or something?
Who's team had quitters: your team, or the enemy team? Currently the quit forgiveness only applies if half of your team has already quit; it doesn't yet apply to the enemy team. They are planning to apply the same quit forgiveness when half the enemy team quits in a future update.
Chimera30 wrote:
DaekLaw wrote:

Who's team had quitters: your team, or the enemy team? Currently the quit forgiveness only applies if half of your team has already quit; it doesn't yet apply to the enemy team. They are planning to apply the same quit forgiveness when half the enemy team quits in a future update.
It was my team, I even have a Screenshot. I was able to quit a few times when half of my teammates already quit / left (or in this case we were down to 2 people right from the start)
Maybe this is a new bug?
TripOG wrote:
I wouldn’t say banning them from the game because there are a lot of good players in the younger age group (not to mention even with the rating Halo always had kids were getting in and the age group that are kids make up a large portion of gamers and by banning kids it would take far longer to find a match).
good so you also agree banning people for stuff that has always happened in the game isnt the right answer.
DaekLaw wrote:

If the game starts without full teams, the math is off so say the game started 3v4, and one person leaves to make it 2v4, the next person would still get a ban. But if the final person quit they wouldn't. I think that the "half team" rule isn't so much a count of who is in the game, but who has left. If that makes sense.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
AshamanND wrote:
DaekLaw wrote:

If the game starts without full teams, the math is off so say the game started 3v4, and one person leaves to make it 2v4, the next person would still get a ban. But if the final person quit they wouldn't. I think that the "half team" rule isn't so much a count of who is in the game, but who has left. If that makes sense.
Hmm, thanks for the explonation, didn't know that. This definitely needs to be changed. It just happened again - and I didn't notice that the 2 players didn't enter the game, I thought that they left after the game started.

This is really broken. I hope it gets fixed as soon as possible.
DaekLaw wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
DaekLaw wrote:

Hmm, thanks for the explonation, didn't know that. This definitely needs to be changed. It just happened again - and I didn't notice that the 2 players didn't enter the game, I thought that they left after the game started.

It might not happen the way I describe 100% of the time.
But I've noted it to happen a few times.
I tend not to quit much though, so I don't have a big sample.

Either way, yes it needs to be fixed.
DaekLaw wrote:

As a matter of fact, they're working on a change to address dodgers, meaning that there should be less games that start with less than the max number of players because people left before the match started.
A server issue knocked me from a game and got me banned until tomorrow morning. It wasn’t my fault. Please reinstate me. Thanks
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
A server issue knocked me from a game and got me banned until tomorrow morning. It wasn’t my fault. Please reinstate me. Thanks
Please read the first post of this thread.

In order to be banned for that length of time, there must be more quits than you mention.
AshamanND wrote:
Please read the first post of this thread.

In order to be banned for that length of time, there must be more quits than you mention.
This is true and while most recently it has not been happening to me, I’ve had the server knock me out as well. Sometimes fairly often and sometimes not at all.
Like I said a ban for 1 dnf is ridiculous. Here's my idea though.
3 dnfs = 1 hour ban (with a 100 game probation period/time it takes to reset)
6 dnfs = 3 hour ban (with a 150 game probation period)
9 dnfs = 8 hour ban (with a 200 game probation period)
10+ dnfs = 24 hour to 7 day ban if player continues to quit after receiving a 24, 48, and 72 hour ban. (500 game probation period)
Like I said a ban for 1 dnf is ridiculous. Here's my idea though.
3 dnfs = 1 hour ban (with a 100 game probation period/time it takes to reset)
6 dnfs = 3 hour ban (with a 150 game probation period)
9 dnfs = 8 hour ban (with a 200 game probation period)
10+ dnfs = 24 hour to 7 day ban if player continues to quit after receiving a 24, 48, and 72 hour ban. (500 game probation period)
I don’t think that it is the best idea to make the ban probation period based on the amount of games a person plays as I couldn’t get 100 games done in a few weeks at least and I’m sure others would be in the same boat (not to mention the fact that I haven’t even gotten to the hundred games played mark myself because I am just recently playing Halo MCC’s multiplayer for a decent amount of time).
TripOG wrote:
I really hope that all the people complaining are all the halo 3 fan boys! Out of all the games I played when we had voting everyone would quit anything but halo 3. You were the guys that ruined it just remember that!
if you listen to the monitors here you should just party up to avoid people who do things you don't like, i'm glad you admit that the ban system is ruining the game though i agree with you there.
You probably didn’t play back in the day of old MCC then... we would party up to sway away from halo 3. We would win the vote then it would be 8 on 3 or 4 for big team or 4 on 2 or 3 for everything else. This was also during the time of halo 3 being backwards compatible. Literally every game that wasn’t halo 3 someone would quit. Especially BTB!!! You can control your team/squad but not the other randoms.

Only thing wrong with this quitting penalty is how they detect how you quit. You can’t control lagging out, you lag out but are still online why would you get penalized?
I received a ban for an error that the game caused. I won't complain since it was only for 5 minutes, but I'll describe it to see if this is a known issue.

I played through my last match without quitting (the game history in my service record confirms that this was my last played game). The system queued me into another game, but I got sent back to the lobby while it was loading with the "Your connection to the game server has been interrupted" error. I've gotten that a lot for some reason; my Internet connection is just fine, but it happens a couple of times every night. Not sure if that's a common issue. The problem is, it's never banned me for encountering that error before but decided to this time.

Does anyone know what might have caused this?
m4ttlovell wrote:
I received a ban for an error that the game caused. I won't complain since it was only for 5 minutes, but I'll describe it to see if this is a known issue.

I played through my last match without quitting (the game history in my service record confirms that this was my last played game). The system queued me into another game, but I got sent back to the lobby while it was loading with the "Your connection to the game server has been interrupted" error. I've gotten that a lot for some reason; my Internet connection is just fine, but it happens a couple of times every night. Not sure if that's a common issue. The problem is, it's never banned me for encountering that error before but decided to this time.

Does anyone know what might have caused this?
The team is working on adjusting the auto ban system so that it bans dodgers who leave a match before it has finished loading. It could be possible that they are testing this process, or it could be just a bug. Keep an eye out to see whether it happens again.
Chimera30 wrote:
The team is working on adjusting the auto ban system so that it bans dodgers who leave a match before it has finished loading. It could be possible that they are testing this process, or it could be just a bug. Keep an eye out to see whether it happens again.
Gotcha, thanks for the response. I’m a bit confused, though. Does the error message/restarted queue occur as a result of dodgers already leaving early, or is it more likely the error just registered me as a dodger due to getting sent back?

I understand if you can’t say/aren’t sure, just letting my curiosity getting the better of me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 87