Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. ...
  9. 87
m4ttlovell wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
The team is working on adjusting the auto ban system so that it bans dodgers who leave a match before it has finished loading. It could be possible that they are testing this process, or it could be just a bug. Keep an eye out to see whether it happens again.
Gotcha, thanks for the response. I’m a bit confused, though. Does the error message/restarted queue occur as a result of dodgers already leaving early, or is it more likely the error just registered me as a dodger due to getting sent back?

I understand if you can’t say/aren’t sure, just letting my curiosity getting the better of me.
I don't know the nature of your error, so I can't speak to that. Dodgers don't restart the queue for everyone else; once a game starts loading, it will start even if dodger leave (hence why dodgers are a problem in the first place). I assume that once the updated auto ban is officially in place, it will treat unintentional dodgers the same as intentional dodgers, as there is no way for the system to know whether you left on purpose or accidentally.
Chimera30 wrote:
I don't know the nature of your error, so I can't speak to that. Dodgers don't restart the queue for everyone else; once a game starts loading, it will start even if dodger leave (hence why dodgers are a problem in the first place). I assume that once the updated auto ban is officially in place, it will treat unintentional dodgers the same as intentional dodgers, as there is no way for the system to know whether you left on purpose or accidentally.
I see. Thanks for the clarification! Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but if it becomes a recurring issue I'll try to capture a video of what exactly happens.
I was banned after the game kept getting me disconnected from xbox live can anyone help.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
I have been banned for 2 months because I got disconnected from a social game! This is not fair. For me being a halo fan from beginning of the series I have not encountered anything like this before ever ! I am super annoyed and really upset that I can’t even play my favourite game for 2 months because of a network lag. Is there anyway of solving this problem? I need my ban lifted.
I have been banned for 2 months because I got disconnected from a social game! This is not fair. For me being a halo fan from beginning of the series I have not encountered anything like this before ever ! I am super annoyed and really upset that I can’t even play my favourite game for 2 months because of a network lag. Is there anyway of solving this problem? I need my ban lifted.
2 months is a significant amount of time.
There must be something going on that you haven't detailed to us yet.

Can you quote the exact message you get when you try to play?

Also, have you read the first post of this thread?
There are automatic bans, with increments as follows:
Quote:
Current ban ladder for MCC:
  • First offence: 5 minute ban
  • Second offense: 15 minute ban
  • Third offense: 60 minute ban
  • Fourth offense: 16 hour ban
If you are getting a 2 month ban, it is not part of the automatic system, and would have had to be enabled manually by 343.
If that is the case, you should check your messages on Xbox or on Waypoint, as I imagine you would have received a message detailing why you were banned for so long.
I have no messages on halowaypoint regarding this ban, it just says I am unable to play until the 05/07/19 . It does not say why I have been banned. I need help with this I don’t understand what I have done to deserve this.
I have no messages on halowaypoint regarding this ban, it just says I am unable to play until the 05/07/19 . It does not say why I have been banned. I need help with this I don’t understand what I have done to deserve this.
The date is in US format, meaning it will expire today. If it's your first ban it will follow the progression noted in the post above
stckrboy wrote:
The date is in US format, meaning it will expire today. If it's your first ban it will follow the progression noted in the post above
Ah that makes sense!

Taitan, please make sure you also read the original post of this thread.
And your message when you try to play probably also states a time as well, so you should know when it expires today.
I received no formal 'ban' message, however I have a weird issue that seems really similar. I was playing some H2C and admittedly not doing that great, and the lobby was really toxic saying they were reporting me for it. That was several days ago and I have been unable to find any competitive playlist games since then, even sitting in the queue for extended periods of time.

Normally I would never think these things are related. My reputation still says "good player" unless it just takes awhile to update. I can find social games just fine.
I received no formal 'ban' message, however I have a weird issue that seems really similar. I was playing some H2C and admittedly not doing that great, and the lobby was really toxic saying they were reporting me for it. That was several days ago and I have been unable to find any competitive playlist games since then, even sitting in the queue for extended periods of time.

Normally I would never think these things are related. My reputation still says "good player" unless it just takes awhile to update. I can find social games just fine.
That's not a ban. That just sounds like the same issue many players have searching ranked playlists because the population can be low outside of prime time hours. If you had a ban, you'd know for sure.
Hi! I've encountered an issue similar (but not identical) to the one I reported last time. Here's a couple of GIFs showing how it happened and a screenshot of the carnage report.

It seemed like the server completely went down, and the dull colors on the leaderboard make it look like everyone was disconnected. I'm not an expert on how the MCC servers work, but I'm pretty sure this was caused by the game itself. No complaints since it was only for 5 minutes, but I couldn't tell what caused the issue.
m4ttlovell wrote:
Hi! I've encountered an issue similar (but not identical) to the one I reported last time. Here's a couple of GIFs showing how it happened and a screenshot of the carnage report.It seemed like the server completely went down, and the dull colors on the leaderboard make it look like everyone was disconnected. I'm not an expert on how the MCC servers work, but I'm pretty sure this was caused by the game itself. No complaints since it was only for 5 minutes, but I couldn't tell what caused the issue.
Might want to throw this into the Multiplayer feedback thread.Certainly seems like more of a server issue. Ban system seems to work as intended, banning anyone who disconnects - it's the cause of the disconnect that is the issue, as far as I can tell.
=)
AshamanND wrote:
Might want to throw this into the Multiplayer feedback thread.Certainly seems like more of a server issue. Ban system seems to work as intended, banning anyone who disconnects - it's the cause of the disconnect that is the issue, as far as I can tell.
=)
Will do. ✌
I'm getting disconnected and banned even though my Internet is perfect. Is this the official 343 support forum?
I'm getting disconnected and banned even though my Internet is perfect. Is this the official 343 support forum?
This isn't the 'support' forum, but it is an official 343 forum.
It looks like you already found the support forum.I suggest taking a short video clip of what happens when you are disconnected, you can upload links to them on Waypoint.
You can post the links in this feedback thread.
Yup, ban still trash.Happily playing a game of Containment CTF after coming back to see how things were, game locks up, crashes to main OS, I restart, 5min ban. Spectacular work there, really catching the folks you should be.
AshamanND wrote:
This isn't the 'support' forum, but it is an official 343 forum.
It looks like you already found the support forum.I suggest taking a short video clip of what happens when you are disconnected, you can upload links to them on Waypoint.
You can post the links in this feedback thread.
Thanks. The bug is happening as I type. Video coming to that thread soon.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. ...
  9. 87