Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 37
  4. 38
  5. 39
  6. 40
  7. 41
  8. ...
  9. 42
I'd love someone in 343i explain my last two matches (Standoff Assault and Remnant Single Flag) and tell me again why I'm supposed to sit there for 15mins wasting my time while the other team (clearly outmatching the one I was put on) does nothing but spawn kill and how I'd be "ruining their game" by quitting. Until you fix MM so match-ups like your system put me on here doesn't happen, your quit bans are ridiculous.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Ever since 343 made a change to how it connects players to nearby data centers, I have been getting kicked out of the loading screen before entering a game due to network issues, and as a result I get hit with a ban message. I'm not one to ever leave games even if most of my teams has left or gave up, but now I cant even search games solo without getting kicked out.

My loading bar slowly connects during the loading screen until about 3/4 full then it kicks me out. I asked a friend if I'm still in the game but it doesn't show me registered at all. Please fix this issue. It just started happening to me a few days ago.
Ever since 343 made a change to how it connects players to nearby data centers, I have been getting kicked out of the loading screen before entering a game due to network issues, and as a result I get hit with a ban message. I'm not one to ever leave games even if most of my teams has left or gave up, but now I cant even search games solo without getting kicked out.

My loading bar slowly connects during the loading screen until about 3/4 full then it kicks me out. I asked a friend if I'm still in the game but it doesn't show me registered at all. Please fix this issue. It just started happening to me a few days ago.
You might want to post in the feedback thread - the more reports about this issue they get, the better.
Link.The ban system is working as intended (for what it's worth) - banning people who disconnect.
It's the disconnect that seems to be your main issue.
So then you get banned for team killing, even if it was accidental? Why are you even allowed to team kill? Because it's my fault that the nade spam in these games are so ludicrously high and someone decides to walk into it and instantly kick me like I ment to kill him. But when I try to play infection (whenever the queue time isn't 30 minutes) someone on my team can sit in our spawn and repeatly team kill and face no consequence. It really dissapoints me to see the game state like this. It's almost unplayable because of this terrible ban system.
It's absolute -Yoink- to be banned in any part for a game that you paid to own. Your sales revenue is very literally what pays for every aspect of the game from development to finished product.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter ormake non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
I got a 5 minute ban when searching in matchmaking the other day. This "feature" needs to be removed. Depending on your search criteria and time of day, a search could take time. Honestly, when this happens I put my controller down, and I play on my phone til it finds a game. And my controller goes idle during this time.

But just because my controller goes idle, doesn't mean I'm gonna be idle in-game. If someone is idle in game for at least 2 minutes, THEN boot and implement a ban.

But don't punish/ban someone in the middle of a matchmaking search because you go idle.

Side note. I don't quit games EVER to avoid these bans, nor do I purposefully betray or use my mic. It was just a 5 minute ban, but there was no reason to ban me. I play by the rules, because I don't want to ruin anyone else's experience.

343, you really need to make changes to this system. Because it's far from perfect. Stop banning people for going idle. I literally play a game as normal with sportsmanlike behavior, don't quit, don't use my mic, and nor do I message anyone. That ban was unnecessary.
I'd love someone in 343i explain my last two matches (Standoff Assault and Remnant Single Flag) and tell me again why I'm supposed to sit there for 15mins wasting my time while the other team (clearly outmatching the one I was put on) does nothing but spawn kill and how I'd be "ruining their game" by quitting. Until you fix MM so match-ups like your system put me on here doesn't happen, your quit bans are ridiculous.
I agree except there are more scenarios like this for the team doubles playlist.
Firebomb wrote:
I got a 5 minute ban when searching in matchmaking the other day. This "feature" needs to be removed. Depending on your search criteria and time of day, a search could take time. Honestly, when this happens I put my controller down, and I play on my phone til it finds a game. And my controller goes idle during this time.

But just because my controller goes idle, doesn't mean I'm gonna be idle in-game. If someone is idle in game for at least 2 minutes, THEN boot and implement a ban.

But don't punish/ban someone in the middle of a matchmaking search because you go idle.

Side note. I don't quit games EVER to avoid these bans, nor do I purposefully betray or use my mic. It was just a 5 minute ban, but there was no reason to ban me. I play by the rules, because I don't want to ruin anyone else's experience.

343, you really need to make changes to this system. Because it's far from perfect. Stop banning people for going idle. I literally play a game as normal with sportsmanlike behavior, don't quit, don't use my mic, and nor do I message anyone. That ban was unnecessary.
Can you explain further what happened? While queued for a playlist, if your controller goes without input for a few moments, then the queue will label you as idle and it will not put you into a match; you will essentially just remain in the queue until you show some input. You can tell that the queue thinks you're idle because you will see "zzz" next to your emblem and name on the queue roster. However, since being idle in queue means you won't get put into a match, there should be no way to quit and therefore no way to incur a ban.

The only possible scenario I can think of how this happened is that you were searching in queue for almost 2 min when the game finally found you a match. It locked in the players and started selecting the map, and during this time the queue detected you as idle, and thus removed you from the queue. This then would have triggered the new anti-dodge mechanic that bans people from leaving the queue after players are locked into a match.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
Getting banned from a disconnect has got to stop. So frustrating.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
half my team leaves during map loading and I quit because who wants to play 2v4's in MLG I still get banned.
what happens when you are in a game party and you have to quit for the night?
If you leave during a match, you'll get a temp ban. Otherwise you can leave at any other time when not in a match and nothing bad will happen. There is no penalty for leaving an Xbox party or in-game lobby.
Chimera30 wrote:
If you leave during a match, you'll get a temp ban. Otherwise you can leave at any other time when not in a match and nothing bad will happen. There is no penalty for leaving an Xbox party or in-game lobby.
And to add - if you are quitting for the night (out of the middle of a game) the temp ban is 5 minutes (assuming you haven't quit within the last 16 hours).
But try not to quit during a match if you don't have to =)
If stacked teams didn't match against a team of random players, then most quits wouldn't happen in the first place.

If they're even remotely good, then it's just a landslide victory. No fun. Not enjoyable - this is even worse in BTB.

1s and 2s should match 1s and 2s, teams of 3 and 4 should match other teams of 3 and 4. People search and match a team, they face the choice of a ban, or being tombstoned in to oblivion - what an appealing proposition to sustain the already dwindling population.
If stacked teams didn't match against a team of random players, then most quits wouldn't happen in the first place.

If they're even remotely good, then it's just a landslide victory. No fun. Not enjoyable - this is even worse in BTB.

1s and 2s should match 1s and 2s, teams of 3 and 4 should match other teams of 3 and 4. People search and match a team, they face the choice of a ban, or being tombstoned in to oblivion - what an appealing proposition to sustain the already dwindling population.
When a team is getting decimated, the match isn't going to take very long. Just ride it out. I've been on both sides of the scenario you're describing and I've never once considered quitting over it.

I'll admit it sucks when it's an objective game and the winning team decides not to score the final point so they can just sit there and farm kills. When I catch a teammate doing that, I take the flag off of them and score it. But, aside from situations like that, be a good sport and just finish the match. It will be over in just a couple minutes.
Willko wrote:

When a team is getting decimated, the match isn't going to take very long. Just ride it out. I've been on both sides of the scenario you're describing and I've never once considered quitting over it.

I'll admit it sucks when it's an objective game and the winning team decides not to score the final point so they can just sit there and farm kills. When I catch a teammate doing that, I take the flag off of them and score it. But, aside from situations like that, be a good sport and just finish the match. It will be over in just a couple minutes.
So, just suck it up and ride out massively lopsided games. For over half the games I search.

What a pathetic retort.

You know what will solve it, and is a reasonable suggestion?

PARTY MATCHING.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 37
  4. 38
  5. 39
  6. 40
  7. 41
  8. ...
  9. 42